Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Eternal: MATAROR EARLY SHOPPERS! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=29217)

noisereductions 02.01.2009 09:33 PM

The Eternal: MATAROR EARLY SHOPPERS!

from the Twitter page:

mixing a secret 'something' for Matador early shoppers 11:40 PM Jan 28th

(maybe someone already posted this) but exciting news! What is it? I can't wait!

repeater 02.02.2009 04:52 AM

yeah, saw this in the "twittin" thread.
According to the mighty moshe, it´s something we can hold in our hands.
a 7" perhaps...?

noisereductions 02.02.2009 08:10 AM

I hope a 7"

Piepi 02.02.2009 11:53 AM

Can I pay on the matador site via paypal? Otherwise I have to order the cd without the surprise :(

al shabbray 02.02.2009 02:22 PM

damn. is there a europe release featuring the gimmick, too?
I fucked my paypal up a recent while ago...

mil_pl 02.02.2009 02:24 PM

exactly Al. I want bonus something too..

al shabbray 02.02.2009 02:25 PM

maybe its possible to do an european grouporder where someone with paypal collects money beforehand...someone trustworthy.

noisereductions 02.02.2009 02:29 PM

dont you Europeans always get the bonus tracks lacking in the US releases??

greedrex 02.02.2009 02:29 PM

^^ no that's Japan.

al shabbray 02.02.2009 02:33 PM

exactly, I wish so.
I think the reason was that CDs in japan are that expansive that its cheaper to import music there, as the consumer. so they decided to put bonus tracks onto the albums. that there is at least that as a reason to buy the japanese releases. correct me if I am wrong, just wanted to tell, pretty strange

greedrex 02.02.2009 02:35 PM

yeah i never really understood what the deal was the the freakin' Japanese.

mil_pl 02.02.2009 02:46 PM

is it possible to have eternal out before june?

al shabbray 02.02.2009 02:51 PM

I am sure it will leak somewhere. but I always resisted to listen to it first while holding it in my hands too. I am not sure if I am able to do it again. I am still hoping there is somethign special coming with it (no gimmicks, I mean song/style-wise)

greedrex 02.02.2009 02:59 PM

i won't listen to any leaks.

mil_pl 02.02.2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
I am sure it will leak somewhere. but I always resisted to listen to it first while holding it in my hands too. I am not sure if I am able to do it again. I am still hoping there is somethign special coming with it (no gimmicks, I mean song/style-wise)

I can't wait, it's 3 years almost since rather ripped camed out. and now it's gonna be something bigger than rr I think, and this makes atmosphere even hotter...

noisereductions 02.02.2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
i won't listen to any leaks.

sames-ies; I really enjoy looking fwd to the release date.

al shabbray 02.02.2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
I can't wait, it's 3 years almost since rather ripped camed out. and now it's gonna be something bigger than rr I think, and this makes atmosphere even hotter...

thats exactly the reason why I am ot sure about beeing strong enough to resist

mil_pl 02.02.2009 03:08 PM

hahaha, i thought so.. I like it too when I have brand new CD in hands and put it for the first time in my record player, but I've bought Evol two days ago, which I had for a long time in mp3 format, and still I put that CD and enjoy the pleasure. if you're so into sonics as I am, you won't get tired quickly for sure with the new CD.

al shabbray 02.02.2009 03:12 PM

no its not because of getting tired. I really dont know why I like to do it.
I still put all the records from time to time into my players no matter if its cds and/or vinyl. I prefer it over mp3s every time.
but I think its more like: "this is the final product the artist/s want to release, this how they want me to hear it" and low quality leaks arent that good to form an accurate opinion

noisereductions 02.02.2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
no its not because of getting tired. I really dont know why I like to do it.
I still put all the records from time to time into my players no matter if its cds and/or vinyl. I prefer it over mp3s every time.
but I think its more like: "this is the final product the artist/s want to release, this how they want me to hear it" and low quality leaks arent that good to form an accurate opinion

that's more my point, yes.