Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Introduce Yrself. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11)

hey alex 03.22.2006 02:53 PM

name- alex major
locale- louisville, ky
music - SY, VU, pavement, animal collective, beatles, neutral milk hotel, bob dylan, beck, sebadoh, slint http://www.myspace.com/electrickites
films - clerks, 1991-punk broke, wet hot american summer, pootie tang
jobs - quiznos, desk clerk at a dorm, and then quiznos again
most recent pic of me-

random fact - I once threw up on slanted and enchanted after I was drinking,,, making me never want to drink 2 40's and 10ish shots ever again.

Heroic Dose 03.22.2006 04:45 PM

Old Board name: starry eyed wanderer
name: Blake Locale Austin TX age 30 currently blowing off work to register here <p> recently rediscovered the beauty of the psychedelic exp so hence I've changed my board name accordingly. Heroic Dose according to Terence McKenna I believe is 10 grams of dried mushrooms. Ok I should get back to work.....

Everyneurotic 03.22.2006 04:46 PM

i was wondering if starry eyed wanderer was came to the exodus or not

good to see you here!!

Heroic Dose 03.22.2006 04:58 PM

Well I appreciate that EN.....I used to post all the time back in the time of the JFreimark wars/Bush re-elections but I guess some things change, but I try to blow off work from time to time still by visiting the board.

skiesfalling 03.22.2006 05:00 PM

I want to be a kid when I grow up. Thank you that is all.

HairwayToSteven 03.22.2006 05:52 PM

Name: Steven, formerly 00sonicdeath00 (although I didn't post much)
Music: SY, Boredoms, VU, Einstruzende Neubauten, Melvins, Swans, Meat Puppets, Butthole Surfers, Unwound, The Fall, Shellac, Jesus Lizard, etc.

aeolian cistern 03.22.2006 05:53 PM

Name: aeolian cistern
Music: faust, nurse with wound, vibracathedral orchestra, no neck blues band, negativland, dylan group, etc.

poiu 03.22.2006 08:51 PM

hi am greg, 32, London
SY Pavement dEUS joseph Arthur Camus Frankenstein Stooges Jarmush, Dostoievsky Pete Sampras Jesus Christ WB Yeats Monica Bellucci Bordeaux, Altman AE Poe & De Quincey Lautreamont Homer T. Williams the mediterranean sea Baudelaire dogs etc...

hail

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 03.22.2006 08:52 PM

hello, My name is [sheriff] rhys chatham
i live in AMERICA
i fight bad guys
im 39

truncated 03.22.2006 08:59 PM

I'm too lazy to look into this myself. Do these "little trouble girl" things have to do with how many posts you've got? How come I don't have a hazard sign?

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 03.22.2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
I'm too lazy to look into this myself. Do these "little trouble girl" things have to do with how many posts you've got? How come I don't have a hazard sign?

1. yes
2. you cant see your own hazard sign

truncated 03.22.2006 09:15 PM

Well I wanna see my hazard sign! *Gets petulant*

static-harmony 03.23.2006 01:11 AM

I am static-harmony, I live outside L.A. I am 21, And I hardly ever been to L.A., I think I've been there Five or six time in my life.

_slavo_ 03.23.2006 09:51 AM

Name: Slavo
Profession: unemployed at the moment...used to be auditor though.

Jams: SY, Mogwai, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Taylor Deupree, Pan Sonic, Broken Social Scene, Philip Jeck, Radiohead, Terre Thaemlitz, Autechre, Labradford, Flying Saucer Attack, Ida, Low, Miles Davis, Francisco Lopez, Arovane, Merzbow, Masonna, K2, Ghislain Poirier, The Fall, Joy Division, The Books, Cat Power, Shipping News, Shellac, Boredoms, Pan American, etc

what I do: play around with my sampler, smoke, go out and see live gigs. and get on people's nervs from time to time.

poison: beer please

Iain 03.23.2006 02:52 PM

Hello, I am Iain and I live in the UK. In Cardiff at the moment. I like various things, most of which I have probably bored you all to tears banging on about on the old board where I went under the slightly gender confused pseudonym of 'Bunny Breckinridge'.

Toilet & Bowels 03.23.2006 04:19 PM

yeah, what's the deal with everyone introducing themselves and then writing a list of stuff that they like as if that tells us anything about them?

Savage Clone 03.23.2006 04:50 PM

What's the deal with people naming themselves "Toilet & Bowels?"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.23.2006 04:53 PM

Greetings in that divine and most precious name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who has in this day revealed Himself in the personality of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selasie I,

Greetings from the twelve tribes of Israel, once scattered abroad, but now being regathered by the divine works of Our Beloved Prophet Gad

Further Greetings in the Orthodox Faith, a faith not of writs nor rights, but an inward function of the heart, born out of a mystical incorporation of the Holy Spirit, in plain words to be born again.

I greet you all from the Tribe of Naphtali!

If you want to live forever, get at me.

Wadada

artsygrrl 03.23.2006 11:46 PM

Hey freaks!!
Hail the return of artsygrrl...!!

...will I ever get used to this new board...??

HaydenAsche 03.23.2006 11:49 PM

Probably. The new posts button is just like the old board but even easier to read.

Hey Artsy, I see you got your name back.