Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   wikileaks (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=43396)

jon boy 12.07.2010 12:04 AM

wikileaks

whats that all about then eh?

SpaceCadetHayden 12.07.2010 12:06 AM

i'd fuck a whistle blower.

jon boy 12.07.2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
i'd fuck a whistle blower.

i thought you were already out.

tw2113 12.07.2010 12:07 AM

the joys of outting the government for all the BS it's pulling and everything it doesn't want us to see.

SpaceCadetHayden 12.07.2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i thought you were already out.

out of whistle blowers to fuck?

Well, as soon as I get to assange, i will be.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 12.07.2010 01:12 AM

Wikileaks has been around for awhile, but I guess the mainstream media must have just caught on.

knox 12.07.2010 07:50 AM

he's been arrested today.

tesla69 12.07.2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
he's been arrested today.

he turned himself in to the police. Listen to the elites whine! Hear the elites promote lawlessness and murder!

"One of the women that is accusing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange of sex crimes appears to have worked with a group that has connections to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
James D. Catlin, a lawyer who recently represented Assange, said the sex assault investigation into the WikiLeaks founder is based on claims he didn't use condoms during sex with two Swedish women."

knox 12.07.2010 11:00 AM

apparently, his sex crime is having sex without a condom (kind of a new law, created especially for him?) and he's been denied bail.

hevusa 12.07.2010 11:07 AM

This "sex scandal" is so obviously bullshit. What interesting timing otherwise huh?

knox 12.07.2010 11:10 AM

The PR people can't be dumb enough to not realise this actually makes him look good.

hevusa 12.07.2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
The PR people can't be dumb enough to not realise this actually makes him look good.

How do you figure this is making him look good?

knox 12.07.2010 11:28 AM

really?

ink. 12.07.2010 12:39 PM

I think it is amusing that a government takes such extreme steps over any single person attempting to increase how much knowledge the public has access to. When you see a group that works tirelessly to keep its people in the dark, suddenly with fear in their eyes, that seems as though it is the start of true freedom of knowledge.

it feels interesting.

having said that, I think the hacker trying to take down that website is a bit o a dick. elsewhere I don't have a problem with but it seems counter productive to protecting a so called free world.

tesla69 12.07.2010 03:05 PM

This is INFORMATION WAR!!!!

knox 12.07.2010 03:07 PM

well, so far in the last 48hrs
all of their accounts have been closed (you cannot donate money to wikileaks)
most servers around the world refuse to host the website, and whenever they see someone is publishing the content they take it down, but then people go and do it again, it seems like 500 clones of it appeared in the last 24hrs
the guy has been arrested and denied bail for having sex without a condom with two women that apparently texted each other about "having accomplished it"

makes big brother look really boring.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.07.2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
whats that all about then eh?

americans are so jaded we don't even know. the biggest shame about this wikileaks thing is that its not the evidence of the fact that these wars are lost, that they were started on false pretexts, that there is an abundance of war crimes including genocide, assassination and terror, the biggest waves are because of a bunch of distasteful diplomatic comments?

Sweet Jesus are we in the modern world so jaded and accepting to violence on unimaginable scales that we only raise eyebrows over political gossip?

Iraq and Afghanistan are WAR CRIMES, but is that what the international media is talking about? Does that make LA Times headlines? Is it US dinner table conversation? No, all we seem to care about is what some various diplomats personally gossip and shit talk about each other like a fucking soap opera!

fucking nonsense I say!

The Pentagon Papers and the Contra Scandal made waves, serious serious waves, but these wikileaks, despite being as important, as groundbreaking, as revelatory, are rather ignored!

We in the modern world seriously have our priorities up our asses, which would be OK if it didn't result in so much pain, suffering, and loss of life :(

"..and how shall we explain this to our children, for what do them got? A broken heart in hand trying to make sense of the world.."

tesla69 12.07.2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
americans are so jaded...the Contra Scandal made waves,

and then Bush Sr pardoned all the criminals.

It is possible to send wikileaks donations, if you are so inclined, check out rawstory.com

gast30 12.07.2010 05:31 PM

the best thing to paste on the storie is
to say the it's an new secretservive
that is covering for another secretservise

it's like covering a cave drawing of a dinosaur
it's not there
it's there
who cares everyone knows

it's gone
we live in another time
and things have changed already

who read it does you have the capebility of understanding war?
the capebility of understanding secretservice?
understanding the line of espionage, diplomatie?
boring boring boring
can't understand
don't want to understand
no time
it belongs to the past while you read this

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.07.2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gast30

it's like covering a cave drawing of a dinosaur
it's not there
it's there
who cares everyone knows

true, but why shouldn't we care? Are we that honestly self-centered? I'd like to hope that Americans are better than Iranian hard-liners' stereotypes about them but lately who even knows anymore..