Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's talk about "The Eternal" (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30823)

Kosako 04.28.2009 11:44 PM

Let's talk about "The Eternal"

I've already get my copy of The Eternal, as I said some days ago in this forum to all those fuckers who were angry because I post the split albums, here I'm not gonna put links to download. Instead, I wanna talk about what I felt about this first hearing of The Eternal.
We all were always fan of them because of their style, so unique; because they always have shown a creative side that shows that they never copy themselves from one album to the next. Despite of some people thoughts, I thinks The Eternal is a beautiful record, and it deserves to be listen from the first to the last track. Yeah, they kinda leave aside all that noise improvisation free structure kinda songs, and now they sound more as a garage rock band, but for me it's one of their better album in quality of recording, soundness, and songs.
I hope people just take their time to listen to it carefully, and not to listen once and then say "this is not Sonic Youth, this is crap". I think they are always getting mature in their sound. And this is not the exception. For all of those that miss Jim O'Rourke, let say that Jim was part of SY and that he left the band so I think people shouldn't miss that era, but to receive this one.

My favourite tunes at the moment:

Antenna
What we know
Anti orgasm
Leaky lifeboat
Thunderclap
Walking blue
Massage the history

Finally, I think it's not a NOISE record, it's a pure rock record. It deserves to be played.
Cheers

summer 04.28.2009 11:55 PM

Wtf, Genesis album collection? Genesis is an awful band and only wishes they could be as good as King Crimson.

Kosako 04.28.2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summer
Wtf, Genesis album collection? Genesis is an awful band and only wishes they could be as good as King Crimson.

Did you understand the califications??? If not, try seeing it again!!! :mad:

Kloriel 04.29.2009 12:04 AM

Well I think THE ETERNAL is a prelude of subtle cognifiscent audio formations designed to instruct the average human to realign his or her or hiser (pc?)
neuronmeiosis to molluskular harvesting.

I mean I am 90% sure this theory is right so basically because of this you should all invest stock in Orange AMPS because I don't think there is an amp company yet called Lime Green.

This calls for Mike D. MIKE D - bankroll a Lime Green amp series. And then let me write some movies and novels for the greater good of middle georgian wildlife.

snappin turtles
lunge

Kosako 04.29.2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloriel
Well I think THE ETERNAL is a prelude of subtle cognifiscent audio formations designed to instruct the average human to realign his or her or hiser (pc?)
neuronmeiosis to molluskular harvesting.

I mean I am 90% sure this theory is right so basically because of this you should all invest stock in Orange AMPS because I don't think there is an amp company yet called Lime Green.

This calls for Mike D. MIKE D - bankroll a Lime Green amp series. And then let me write some movies and novels for the greater good of middle georgian wildlife.

snappin turtles
lunge

WTF are you talkin' about??? :confused:

Kloriel 04.29.2009 12:15 AM

did you just give me the middle finger?

atsonicpark 04.29.2009 12:18 AM

Kosako is hilarious!

Kosako 04.29.2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

did you just give me the middle finger?

That's my signature, I only ask you wtf were you trying to say. But nevermind, it's not important anymore. Bye. :)

Kloriel 04.29.2009 12:22 AM

Hey Asshole Stop Flipping Me Off

Kosako 04.29.2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Kosako is hilarious!

Thanks... you too! :)

Kosako 04.29.2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Hey Asshole Stop Flipping Me Off

I don't know what is flipping off. But ok. Later. :)

static-harmony 04.29.2009 12:27 AM

Man the noobs are getting all red.

atsonicpark 04.29.2009 12:29 AM

I wonder how that's happening....;)

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.29.2009 12:30 AM

AtSonicPark's favorite band is Genesis. So that's the highest compliment right there.

static-harmony 04.29.2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I wonder how that's happening....;)

I think the board thinks they are spammers.

Kloriel 04.29.2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosako
I don't know what is flipping off. But ok. Later. :)

flipping off means listening to nkotb with a cassette and faux break dancing in my fucking face. no need for that bullshit.. just hang yourself and save money for the globalized unions.

just my advice on how to better yourself.
better. butter. cover yourself in butter and decapitate at least twenty four people, THEN hang yourself. Use a dulled machete. It may take a while but just keep hacking away, eventually you'll end.

nicfit 04.29.2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosako
I've already get my copy of The Eternal

ha ha ahah a ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ahhahah a I laughed so hard, great morning!

Androol 04.29.2009 02:02 AM

yes i like the "soundness" as well

mil_pl 04.29.2009 02:03 AM

how many fucking threads will be about the same?

dionysusundone 04.29.2009 02:04 AM

I don't understand the 'califications'