Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   something new on the main page? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1637)

val-holla-ing 05.09.2006 12:07 AM

i never noticed that the wheels on the inside of the tape turn just like the real thing. that's neat.

Jef Mertens 05.09.2006 12:37 AM

Also some new pix on the mainpage. Love the one of Thurtson with the tape....

kingcoffee 05.09.2006 01:10 AM

I'll check this out immediately

ozZuB-ginK 05.09.2006 03:08 AM

very nice! i had already heard 2 of the songs off RR from SY's myspace but Do you Believe in rapture is awesome as well. Can't wait for june 13th!

screamingskull 05.09.2006 03:27 AM

this mix tape is great, i hadent heard anything from Rather Ripped before this, the songs from it on the mixtape sound great!, can't wait for the album to come out.

sonicl 05.09.2006 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
yea i need to hear the thurston sung helen lundeburg/eyeliner songs that did'nt make it onto rather ripped, proving rather hard to find

Allow me to help, Diesel - In the UK you can get the single from:
Boomkat
Rough Trade
Cargo

whorefrost 05.09.2006 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nature scene
I seriously hope the other songs on Rather Ripped are rather better than these three.

these three i would say are fairly representative of the album... yeah, it sucks... but hey, the new 7" is rocking... that's some consolation!

chabib 05.09.2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nature scene
I seriously hope the other songs on Rather Ripped are rather better than these three.

everyone'll get a chance to form their own conclusions about that on this here site in VERY short order...

chabib 05.09.2006 10:36 AM

like NOW.... hiding somewhere in a link on the main page is rather ripped in its entirety. this obfuscation will soon be corrected, but if yr so inclined and have some time to kill, go find and stream the tracks.

sonicl 05.09.2006 10:55 AM

Found it!

Inhuman 05.09.2006 10:57 AM

I don't see TOO much of a similarity between Nurse and RR now that I heard a few of the tracks off RR. It seems like pop a la max though

nature scene 05.09.2006 12:13 PM

thanks for streaming the whole thing... i'll give it a chance

qprogeny79 05.09.2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
like NOW.... hiding somewhere in a link on the main page is rather ripped in its entirety. this obfuscation will soon be corrected, but if yr so inclined and have some time to kill, go find and stream the tracks.

ok, done. that was a major disappointment . . . this is the first album in sy history that sounds like the previous one. part of the joy of sy was that confusion is sex sounded nothing like bad moon rising sounded nothing like evol sounded nothing like sister sounded nothing like ddn . . . etc. not so rr.

oh, and do you believe in rapture and or are not worthy of being sy songs.

--edit-- forgot to thank chabib. how bloody rude.

ozZuB-ginK 05.09.2006 12:18 PM

! man i'm not sure if i wanna listen to the whole record. I'm just sampling a few of the songs, not listening to the whole thing....it's very tempting though

nature scene 05.09.2006 12:45 PM

now i've heard reena, incinerate, and do you believe in rapture, sleepin around, jams run free, and rats.

I can do without the first four. Very Nurse sounding. Again so far a kim and lee song are the best. In my opinion this is usually the case.

Fox 05.09.2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib

Chris, and the band so... you really rule.

I'm not gonna listen the whole thing because I don't want to hear it before June 13th but it's really so good. I was expecting you'll do that... and you did.

Sonic Youth rock.
Chris Habib rule

screamingskull 05.09.2006 12:52 PM

theres a new picture being used on the home page too.

chabib 05.09.2006 01:00 PM

and to everyone who was so cock-sure that the dismay with the leak thing was all about "the recording industry," eat a fucking dick, jerks...