Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

afterthefact 12.05.2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
All the interviews showed him as a miserable brat, which made me feel like Santa wasn't real. And then it ended, and I just felt so sad that he got to such a misery. I mean, that's over-simplifying everything. But maybe a lot of it bothered me ineffably.

I could understand that, if you are a big Kobain fan. I didn't mean for my question to sound sarcastic :)

noisereductions 12.05.2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
I could understand that, if you are a big Kobain fan. I didn't mean for my question to sound sarcastic :)

no, no... it's cool man. I am a big fan, so it kinda was like "ah! I wish I didnt even watch this!" But had I not watched it, I'd always be itching to watch it. Right?

Rob Instigator 12.05.2008 04:30 PM

cobain WAS amiserable brat. that is the way eferyone who knoew him before he died described him, some in jest, some serious, but they all said the same thing, and the he died, and all those same people talked only about how kind he was, and how much of a poet he was, and all sorts of other BULLSSHIT

afterthefact 12.05.2008 04:37 PM

They always do that when people die. I guess it's a good thing; I mean, you can't criticize someone who tries to be respectful of the dead.

But watching him on the Year Punk Broke film was enough for me to realize how he was.

noisereductions 12.05.2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
cobain WAS amiserable brat. that is the way eferyone who knoew him before he died described him, some in jest, some serious, but they all said the same thing, and the he died, and all those same people talked only about how kind he was, and how much of a poet he was, and all sorts of other BULLSSHIT

take a deep breath, brother.

Rob Instigator 12.05.2008 05:19 PM

I was not insulting the dead man. he wa miserable for many reassons, shit childhood, terrible stomach ulcer pain, a fucked up girlfriend then wife.... he had a right to be miserable.

RdTv 12.05.2008 05:25 PM

halway through this:

noisereductions 12.05.2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I was not insulting the dead man. he wa miserable for many reassons, shit childhood, terrible stomach ulcer pain, a fucked up girlfriend then wife.... he had a right to be miserable.

I know. Sad.

noisereductions 12.05.2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdTv
halway through this:

excellent.

gmku 12.05.2008 06:00 PM

It gets a little long though, doesn't it?

Rob Instigator 12.05.2008 06:04 PM

just like dylan songs!

Pookie 12.05.2008 06:08 PM

Not to mention his career.

atsonicpark 12.05.2008 06:09 PM

Just like his pe...

Nah, doubt it.

Sonic Youth 37 12.05.2008 06:10 PM

Definitely in my top 15 or 20 ever.

viewtiful_alan 12.05.2008 11:03 PM

Half-Baked
um.. 3/5
I guess I eenjoyed it, I don't know. Watching it sober was not quite as great as I remembered it being in middle school.

fugazifan 12.06.2008 01:33 PM

assault on precinct 13
most of talk to her
belle de jour
they were all amazing. i really need to finish the almodovar film.
and i gorget who recomended belle de jour a few months ago to me. but thanks it was great

me. 12.08.2008 06:31 PM

Kanaria - Canary,

An intresting film about a boy on the run from the authorities after being removed from a cult. While trying to locate his sister,he meets up again with ex cult members,who have snapped out of the cult mindset.Also soundtrack by Otomo Yoshihide.

noisereductions 12.08.2008 06:41 PM

atsonicpark 12.09.2008 03:58 AM

re-watched twin peaks: fire walk with me. 9/10. some of lynch's best work.

noisereductions 12.09.2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
re-watched twin peaks: fire walk with me. 9/10. some of lynch's best work.

It is incredible. And actually scary.

atsonicpark 12.09.2008 09:19 AM

"Now we ain't gonna talk about Judy, no we're not going to talk about Judy at all, we're gonna leave her out of this. WHO DO YOU THINK THAT IS THERE?"

NWRA 12.09.2008 11:43 AM

I managed to get Being There on DVD for £3. A great film, funny and clever. Marginally prefer it to Harold And Maude.

!@#$%! 12.09.2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWRA
I managed to get Being There on DVD for £3. A great film, funny and clever.

the guy who wrote the book committed suicide

afterthefact 12.10.2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the guy who wrote the book committed suicide

Derek 12.10.2008 11:36 AM

The Brood 8/10 Better than I remember it!

noisereductions 12.10.2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to afterthefact again.

noisereductions 12.10.2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
The Brood 8/10 Better than I remember it!

The Brood is soooo good.

atsonicpark 12.10.2008 11:43 AM

jack brooks: monster slayer - 6/10

mangajunky 12.10.2008 11:49 AM

Confessions of a Superhero

documentary about people that dress up as superheroes and panhandle for "tips" on Hollywood Boulevard.

Conclusion: most of them are a little nuts. This flick was a bit of a waste of time.

stu666 12.10.2008 12:35 PM

The Blues Scale (Dave Markey) if that counts as a moovie

noisereductions 12.10.2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
The Blues Scale (Dave Markey) if that counts as a moovie

Where'd/How'd you see that?

!@#$%! 12.10.2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangajunky
panhandle for "tips" on Hollywood Boulevard.
Conclusion: most of them are a little nuts.

only in hollywood, the homeless are also actors. that's double the mental illness risk!

stu666 12.10.2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Where'd/How'd you see that?

at home, put in dvd, pressed play.

:rolleyes:

ok proper answer here

demonrail666 12.10.2008 01:04 PM

!@#$%! 12.10.2008 01:07 PM

not a movie, but i'm hooked on this shit

it features an amazing alternate dimension where all the lesbians are good-looking! except for some scrawny chicken-ass mia kirchner-- i guess she's hot for some people (closet pedophiles).

fugazifan 12.10.2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
not a movie, but i'm hooked on this shit

it features an amazing alternate dimension where all the lesbians are good-looking! except for some scrawny chicken-ass mia kirchner-- i guess she's hot for some people (closet pedophiles).

youre crazy, mia is gorgeous. im not usually that into skinny chicks, but she is stunning

oh and i saw the 1st two rohmer moral tales (bakery girl, and suzannes career) amazing. thanks for recomending
rep on its way

!@#$%! 12.10.2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
youre crazy, mia is gorgeous. im not usually that into skinny chicks, but she is stunning

oh and i saw the 1st two rohmer moral tales (bakery girl, and suzannes career) amazing. thanks for recomending
rep on its way

ha ha ha. i know the woman is moderately good looking, has pretty eyes (her bones stick out though), but her CHARACTER in this series makes me fucking cringe. it's just such a stupid idiot fake character, and she makes these stupidest of faces, i keep hoping someone is going to break her neck and/or bash her skull in the next episode (it's not going to happen, i know, ha ha). i can't fucking stand her! the other characters are pretty awesome though-- i'm hooked on this shit.

edit: THIS is hot:

--

anyway, im glad you enjoyed rohmer! it was a huge pleasure for me to watch the whole series together, so i'm happy you're getting a kick out of it too. did you catch the rohmer interviews from the dvds too?

fugazifan 12.10.2008 02:27 PM

oh, im judging mia based on her looks not her character. i havent seen that show in ages...
and no, cause i saw them at the UNI library, so it was on VHS...

!@#$%! 12.10.2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
oh, im judging mia based on her looks not her character. i havent seen that show in ages...
and no, cause i saw them at the UNI library, so it was on VHS...

well if you liked these movies make a note, criterion released this series a couple of years ago. rohmer was famous for not giving interviews, yet there is a program where he was questioned by these other film people-- very cool! he talks about lots of things, including how for him the revolutionary invention that allowed the new wave was not cheap cameras but the audio tape recorder.

perhaps... let me see...

oh crap it's not in youtube...

anyway, enjoy!

fugazifan 12.10.2008 02:38 PM

thanks. the video rental place where i rent almost every day has most of his films on criterion. but i didnt want to rent these two, cause they rent them out seperatly, and i didnt want to waste a movie rental on a 23 minute movie. so i watched it at school