Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty American Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=84409)

Bytor Peltor 03.23.2015 11:41 PM

There was some outrage at the beginning......the onslaught of rage didn't occur until the video from inside the elevator was released.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.23.2015 11:47 PM

Yes I am aware.. I still don't see why somehow that makes Hernandez who apparently or allegedly murdered not one but three of his friends and Sanders who is an admitted serial rapist!

schizophrenicroom 03.24.2015 11:52 AM

i wish sharper were getting life. UP to nine 9 years is the sentence. he and his cronies had some kind of jungle juice-ish stuff they bragged about giving women to drug them. ugh.

Rob Instigator 03.24.2015 11:53 AM

he probably learned it from Bill Cosby

schizophrenicroom 03.24.2015 12:04 PM

anyone see the vets combine? some ex-jags player was signed to the cardinals. but that seems to be it so far. he ran a 4.33 40 or something like that

Rob Instigator 03.24.2015 12:52 PM

40 times are such bullshit. Earl Campbell could not run a fast 40 yards if his life depended on it, but he would run over you.

schizophrenicroom 03.24.2015 01:36 PM

oh, i agree, just thought it was interesting. people are flipping out seemingly that gasp, dudes who have aged are gonna be slower.

Bytor Peltor 03.24.2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
anyone see the vets combine? some ex-jags player was signed to the cardinals. but that seems to be it so far. he ran a 4.33 40 or something like that

I heard an interesting interview with an NFL agent who represents active and vets who currently don't have a team. He shared some great insights about the vets combine.

01. players had to be invited, but also had to pay their own way.
02. told before hand they would be graded on specific skills, testing those skills is not how combine went.
03. the way speed is graded at regular combine was not how speed was graded at vet combine.
04. no official NFL rep watched anyone lift weights, players videotaped each other to "send in."

Overall, the agent said it was a big disappointment on how the NFL handled it. Said it has the potential to become something very positive, but the NFL needs to take control and treat it as such. Agent also added that some of the players who paid their way really couldn't afford it......was also surprised how many previous first round picks were participating.

About speed graded at the regular NFL combine......95% of the players will NEVER run / be graded at that same speed ever again. Doing specific training for the combine where you try and maximize your speed while running in expensive underwear with no pads is never duplicated in weekly practices or game days.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.24.2015 08:40 PM

Personally I thought it was a big facade. Teams already have a "combine" for vets, its called official meetings, work outs, and practices. When teams are legitimately interested in signing a vet they bring them in to their facilities and have meetings and observations to make a decision. This struck me as a losers contest to who can be the least loser. If any of these vets were seriously going to make a team, those teams would already be sending their scouts to establish private meetings. Really it felt like a pity party to me!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 03.25.2015 01:32 PM

So the owners voted that Patriots trick play on ineligible receivers is now illegal.. take that bitchez

Rob Instigator 04.10.2015 09:19 AM

One of my all-time favorite players has retired. Polamalu, I will miss your fearless insanity and reckless abandon.

Rob Instigator 04.10.2015 09:35 AM

https://youtu.be/b-Pzi8HPWBA 2008, Polamalu schools rookie Flacco in AFC Championship game.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.10.2015 01:17 PM

Troy is an Orthodox convert like me.. i like that he always shared his experience and even discussed fasting questions from media during the Advent Fast. Classy guy. Only Steeler i cam say i sincerely like, even Torrey Smith was bigging him up on twidder this morning

Bytor Peltor 04.16.2015 03:50 AM

Day One Of A Life Sentence

Rob Instigator 05.12.2015 01:19 PM

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.28.2015 05:42 PM

Haaaaaahahaaaa!

Tom Brady youz a bitch

Bytor Peltor 08.24.2015 02:14 PM

Bill O'Brien names Brian Hoyer Texans starting QB......what say you, Rob?

Rob Instigator 08.24.2015 02:18 PM

I say that means that the QB that was so shit that the Browns put in Johnny Manziel is now our starting QB

Bytor Peltor 08.24.2015 02:28 PM

I'll feel better / worse after watching the First Half of Preseason Game 3

In other news......Case Keenum sure had a nice long TD pass for St. Louis last night.

I didn't think much of the 49er's after the Texans played them in the first preseason game......just a little surprised how easily they handled the cowgirls last night.

Has everyone been enjoying, Hard Knocks?

schizophrenicroom 08.24.2015 11:37 PM

no hbo :[