Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Severian 09.13.2019 06:54 AM

JPEGMafia - All My Heroes are Cornballs

I tried to listen to the new “Pixies” album but Jesus unholy Christ

Bytor Peltor 09.13.2019 08:05 AM

Donkey No No - The Psychedelic Peel

The Soup Nazi 09.13.2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I tried to listen to the new “Pixies” album but Jesus unholy Christ

I know. And thank you for using scare quotes.

choc e-Claire 09.14.2019 07:48 PM

choc e-Claire 09.14.2019 11:27 PM

_tunic_ 09.15.2019 03:13 AM

sonic sphere 09.15.2019 11:57 AM

The Soup Nazi 09.15.2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_

Please forgive my ignorance: is that where they took it from?

!@#$%! 09.15.2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

You have Apple Music now?

been a year? maybe not. i forget how long. but works great, never breaks, siri personalizes playlists when i ask for an artist (plays the good and skips the shit), it’s been 100% goodness so far. not looking back. sorry, sweden! ireland wins this one.

!@#$%! 09.15.2019 09:23 PM

aurora nealand & the royal roses

the lookback transmission

this album contains “ferry man” which is a little tune i love to listen to (and in it she reminds me of anita o’day a bit) but also has the danciest, happiest fucking version of jacques brel’s pathetic (in the serious sense) “ne me quitte pas,” which is an embarrassing cry of brokenhearted beggary that nevertheless works, and it’s a classic that’s been covered by a million people, many sucky, some very good, but i love that this one cover runs counter to all pity that and becomes a party song. hah! well eventually she flips to a sadder mode but without brel’s histrionics (brel was very theatrical, it was all an act, his crocodile tears crack me up).

ANYWAY. fun fun album if you love new orleans shit, she appears in some episodes of tremé actually. eta: as the youtube shows, yeah

eta: i fixed some fuckups in the data above, added links

choc e-Claire 09.16.2019 01:26 AM

choc e-Claire 09.16.2019 02:17 AM

The Soup Nazi 09.16.2019 09:15 PM

Hadn't listened to it in a long time. Even better than I remembered.

choc e-Claire 09.17.2019 06:01 AM

Severian 09.17.2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
been a year? maybe not. i forget how long. but works great, never breaks, siri personalizes playlists when i ask for an artist (plays the good and skips the shit), it’s been 100% goodness so far. not looking back. sorry, sweden! ireland wins this one.

Yeah I do AM too. Have for years.

Also still buy music like an asshole, but when I steam I stream Apple Music.

Also just ordered a goddamn iPhone 11 Peo. How many of these things... never mind.

!@#$%! 09.17.2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Yeah I do AM too. Have for years.

Also still buy music like an asshole, but when I steam I stream Apple Music.

Also just ordered a goddamn iPhone 11 Peo. How many of these things... never mind.

i had the spotted fries since forever but their android woes got me to turn off the paid version, and when i returned to the iphone fold i test-drove music, liked it, kept it. one less thing to worry about, think about, try to fix: it’s there always, on command.

im still rocking the mighty SE btw lololol. fits into any pocket. got it for $150 new, oh yeah. solid little beast. for everything else there’s the ipads. no i don’t do photos.

buying: it’s a free cuntry! you do you

BUT ANYWAY

looking for something to listen to this morning.

i’m not sure what mood... was listening to television earlier... might double down

yeah...

!@#$%! 09.17.2019 11:55 AM

television - the blow-up

television meets the grateful dead (hahaha) and covers the rolling stones. a ton of fun.

Bytor Peltor 09.17.2019 03:47 PM

For those who enjoy a hint of Goth......

Silence In The Snow - Break In The Skin

Severian 09.17.2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i had the spotted fries since forever but their android woes got me to turn off the paid version, and when i returned to the iphone fold i test-drove music, liked it, kept it. one less thing to worry about, think about, try to fix: it’s there always, on command.

im still rocking the mighty SE btw lololol. fits into any pocket. got it for $150 new, oh yeah. solid little beast. for everything else there’s the ipads. no i don’t do photos.

buying: it’s a free cuntry! you do you

BUT ANYWAY

looking for something to listen to this morning.

i’m not sure what mood... was listening to television earlier... might double down

yeah...

Gotcha gotcha

iPhone 11 pro coming so soooooon but why

Anyway, nice music listening friend

choc e-Claire 09.17.2019 11:10 PM