Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   So I'm about to loose my Sonic Youth live virginity... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30383)

This Is Not Here 04.19.2009 11:10 PM

So I'm about to loose my Sonic Youth live virginity...

After many years, I've seen almost every band I've felt a real need to see live, except the one band that means more to me than the rest put together. I'm flying out to Austria to Donau Festival this morning, and nothing goes hidiously wrong, that moment will have finally come.

SONIC. FUCKING. LIFE.

For those of you who won't be seeing SY any time soon, I leave you with perhaps the most sublime 4 minutes of footage ever - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRq6o2UjsTg

summer 04.19.2009 11:19 PM

I've seen this before, but yeah, I love how into it Shelley is, it looks like a spiritual experience for him even haha. Also where is that topic with the setlists? How many concerts have they played lately, damn, are there any other new songs debuted >.>

greenlight 04.19.2009 11:25 PM

you go mad seeing them on stage.

enjoy!

uhmmm, see you there!

Rob Instigator 04.20.2009 08:51 AM

tell us how it was damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greedrex 04.20.2009 08:53 AM

sonic fucking yoof

screamingskull 04.20.2009 10:02 AM

i've seen them 3 times now, they're good live, but not the best that i've seen.

atsonicpark 04.20.2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosako
Last night I could not sleep because of this words...
These are haunting me... I feel so bad!
And one more thing, if you so stupid, that you have a record store right turning the corner and you don't buy this 7", it's not my fault that some guy already post them into the internet. I already have these mp3 from that server, and if someone wants to download, can go straight from this page or google it you moran! Maybe you should try taking a pill. And keep on giving me bad rep, you make my day easier, assh0l3. And if in this forum someone kick me off, I will return with another name, so what, to go on getting news and stuff!!! :fuckyou:

YES! :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou:

noisereductions 04.20.2009 10:22 AM

my wife said the coolest thing the other day. She said she'd love to see SY live. What's so awesome about saying that is this: She's not what you'd call a SY fan. She likes certain songs a lot. But she has never picked up a SY album and said "I'm going to listen to this album." But the part that was so cool was that she explained it like this: because they are such a huge part of my life, because I listen to them so much, am always hunting down another ellusive collectible, or forcing her to watch this interview with Thurston or clip from a talk show etc, she feels like she knows them in a special way. Like they're a big part of her life, even though she's not even really a big fan. That was kind of sweet.

Rob Instigator 04.20.2009 10:39 AM

that does rule. share yr world.

sonic life!!!!!!!!!!

and there is no "best" show ever.

joe11121 04.20.2009 03:23 PM

Lucky, I've never seen SY live, yet. I was gonna go down to NYC on July 4th last year, but I had a fucking foot doctor appointment that I couldn't get out of.

Danny Himself 04.20.2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
For those of you who won't be seeing SY any time soon, I leave you with perhaps the most sublime 4 minutes of footage ever - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRq6o2UjsTg

Gay, TYPB version rules all.

mil_pl 04.20.2009 03:30 PM

go for it man! I lost mine in 2007, and that was so noisy, energy, kick ass gig. fuckin' unexpectable and adorable.

exploding plastic candle 04.20.2009 08:50 PM

I hope to be sodomized sometime soon. Hopefully this summer, when they go on tour.

_slavo_ 04.21.2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
you go mad seeing them on stage.

enjoy!

uhmmm, see you there!

actually, i'm looking forward to see you guys more than actually see the band. but yes, Sonic Youth live is never a bad thing.
Tomorrow !!!!

Spiritual Amnesia 04.21.2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
actually, i'm looking forward to see you guys more than actually see the band. but yes, Sonic Youth live is never a bad thing.
Tomorrow !!!!

it´ll be a big day ....
so i´ve just started with my tradition before a sy-gig, i´m listening through all my fav. studioalbums ....
later, i ´m going to see PITA, today is also a great day!

A Thousand Threads 04.21.2009 11:35 AM

See you all tomorrow.

Slavo, you should come to vienna this night, seeing Pita for free and then moving on to Krems tomorrow morning.

_slavo_ 04.21.2009 12:03 PM

Pita's ace, pity i didn't know sooner. never mind, I've a schedule for tomorrow, I'm meeting greenlight and then This Is not Here and we're heading together for Krems.

A Thousand Threads 04.21.2009 12:06 PM

You're meeting in Vienna?

Thomas and me are going to be in Krems pretty soon (early afternoon).

_slavo_ 04.21.2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
You're meeting in Vienna?

Thomas and me are going to be in Krems pretty soon (early afternoon).

we're supposed to meet with TINH at Sudbahnhof at 1pm.
if you guys have a van or something, you can take us with (kidding)

A Thousand Threads 04.21.2009 12:17 PM

Sorry, but I'm going by helicopter.

Is the train to Krems departing at the Südbahnhof?