Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Weezer's Mykel and Carli (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=881)

RockerNino 04.13.2006 12:06 AM

Weezer's Mykel and Carli

So i just read about the origin of this song (written in memory of 2 close friends of the band who started the Weezer fan club before Weezer was big. the two died along with their sister in a car accident after a weezer show) and it made me appreciate the song SOOO much more. i love this song. i know their new stuff isnt as good, and i dont know why im starting this thread. maybe to read about other stories of arbitrary times when u learned something about a band/song/album etc. that made u appreciate much more and now its a favorite.

finding nobody 05.28.2006 07:34 PM

i love the song. the best version is the one on DVD. with just rivers. yeah it's very sad that they died

atsonicpark 05.28.2006 07:36 PM

Weezer! =w=

HaydenAsche 05.28.2006 07:44 PM

Great song. I bought the Deluxe Edition for this song only basically.

atsonicpark 05.28.2006 07:48 PM

Weezer are awesome.

I actually like the new stuff. Like it. I LOVE the first two albums but their new stuff is still listenable. Actually one of the best bands of our generation.

HaydenAsche 05.28.2006 07:49 PM

Pinkerton was pure genius. 'Pink Triangles' is one of the most beautiful songs. EVER.

atsonicpark 05.28.2006 08:01 PM

Yes. My fav besides across the sea.

Everyneurotic 05.28.2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Pinkerton was pure genius. 'Pink Triangles' is one of the most beautiful songs. EVER.

my favorite song in one of my favorite records.

umjammer atomsk 05.28.2006 11:42 PM

I actually prefer pinkerton to the blue album.

edit: hell no, i wasn't thinking

Pax Americana 05.29.2006 01:54 AM

I love their first two albums sooooo much, but the new one was simply unlistenable.

acousticrock87 05.29.2006 02:07 AM

Their songs are always very honest. I respect that in them.

SonikJesus 05.29.2006 02:10 AM

I just bought the deluxe album a about a month ago. I like it better than Pinkerton. Buddy Holly is so catchy but my favorite is "In The Garage."

acousticrock87 05.29.2006 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonikJesus
I just bought the deluxe album a about a month ago. I like it better than Pinkerton. Buddy Holly is so catchy but my favorite is "In The Garage."

Yes. Buddy Holly is the catchiest song on the planet.

I like "In the G'rage" the most, too.

umjammer atomsk 05.29.2006 02:19 AM

My sister got the new one when it came out but I've never listened to it. That beverly hills bullshit was pretty scary.

acousticrock87 05.29.2006 02:25 AM

I heard a lot of reviews claiming it was their best album since Pinkerton. I didn't mind Beverly Hills. Perfect Situation is pretty good. I really did listen to the whole thing - a couple times. But I only remember those two songs.

johnnywinternoshow 05.29.2006 08:57 AM

they went way downhill after the green album, pinkerton and blue album are the only ones i listen to anymore. i think some of the bsides from that era are miles better than the more recent albums they put out. that song with the woman singing "i just threw out the love of my dreams," is amazing and the rivers song called "American girls" is so fucking good i wish there was an album of songs like it

finding nobody 05.29.2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
My sister got the new one when it came out but I've never listened to it. That beverly hills bullshit was pretty scary.

i loved make 'make believe'. don't go into it expecting to hear much hard rocking, cause there isn't, but it's a very emotionaly raw album.

hey alex 05.29.2006 01:11 PM

make believe was boring. It's got moments. Like this is such a pity is good new wave revival and there are a couple of catchy tracks... but it's the only weezer album i didn't want to buy. The song hold me is good, i had an acoustic version of just rivers that's great.
My fav is prob blue, but pinkerton was the one i got most attached to when i was a =w=geek.

RockerNino 05.29.2006 07:55 PM

to this day i still have trouble deciding between the blue album and pinkerton. i think the blue album b-sides were amazing. "pink triangle"is my fav weezer song though.