Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Liquid Swords 2 to be produced by RZA (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39600)

The Earl Of Slander 04.28.2010 10:10 AM

!!!

batreleaser 04.28.2010 10:43 AM

Erect

Derek 04.28.2010 10:58 AM

Not bothered much, I mean just because it has Liquid Swords in the title doesn't mean it will be as good as the first. It will just be another GZA solo album no doubt.

Cuban Linx 2 was a run of the mill Raekwon solo album to me, certainly nothing much that compares to the original.

themawt71 04.28.2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Not bothered much, I mean just because it has Liquid Swords in the title doesn't mean it will be as good as the first. It will just be another GZA solo album no doubt.

Cuban Linx 2 was a run of the mill Raekwon solo album to me, certainly nothing much that compares to the original.

yeah but rza's producing! if there is no rza then wu tang solo records don't excite me much.

let's hope it's good.

Derek 04.28.2010 11:05 AM

RZA's done some horrible shit recently as well though.

atsonicpark 04.28.2010 11:47 AM

He has? I don't keep up. That last Wu Tang album had AMAZING production, definitely the most interesting of their career, too bad a lot of the raps sounded dull, like no one wanted to be there.

noisereductions 04.28.2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
He has? I don't keep up. That last Wu Tang album had AMAZING production, definitely the most interesting of their career, too bad a lot of the raps sounded dull, like no one wanted to be there.

I dont think they did :)

I'd have higher hopes for this as a RZA/GZA collabo than I did for Cuban Linx 2. Had CL2 been totally RZA-produced, it probably would have been better. Just think, RZA's gonna push GZA to deliver the best lyrics, GZA's gonna demand classic beats.

SonikJesus 04.28.2010 02:41 PM

I'm not worried about GZA. HIs lyrics are always on point. More worried about RZA but not too much.

Derek 04.28.2010 03:00 PM

A lot of the RZA's tracks on Cuban Linx were some of my least favourite tracks on the album. Actually my favourite beat on that album was the one from Sonny's Missing, awesome sample from The Education of Sonny Carson. But whatever, I'm not completely opposed to this new GZA album, I'll listen to it and probably enjoy it regardless.

batreleaser 04.28.2010 04:50 PM

I loved Cuban Linx 2, "Soldiers on the left, FIGHT TO THE DEATH!", album pretty much had me from the beginning.

SuperCreep 04.28.2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek

yeah, i can't get enthusiastic about this one for the same reason.

o'connor 04.28.2010 11:27 PM

i liked the one gza did w/ dj muggs. it'd be awesome if this one was extra awesome.

noisereductions 04.29.2010 07:26 AM

good point o'conner. The DJ Muggs collabo was easily his best LP since LIQUID SWORDS.

o'connor 04.29.2010 08:05 PM

much appreciated sir.

viewtiful alan redux 05.02.2010 08:15 PM

I can't help but feel like he's just treading Raekwon's footsteps. And while we're on the subject, why does everyone just sort of shrug at OB4CL2? I thought it was incredible, and on nearly the same level as the original.

wellcharge 05.02.2010 10:30 PM

yeah cuban linx 2 is good, maybe it's not as good as the first but compared to immobilarity and lex diamonds it's an absolute return to form

noisereductions 05.03.2010 07:31 AM

I love Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. But I found the sequel incredibly boring.