Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone Going To Any Concerts Soon ? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=45)

Alex's Trip 03.21.2006 06:22 PM

I'm going to Coachella on April 29th and 30th.

Hannah 03.21.2006 06:48 PM

This Thursday I'm seeing my friends band who sound terrible (in my opinion) on record but are amazing live, so it's going to be fun!

This is a long way away but I can't wait till Reading this year. Well all the rumoured headliners are shite but me and my friends are mostly going to hang out with eachother and have fun (before we all go to university, move away, get jobs and just plain loose contact).<<Although I hope this never happens. It's going to be great! I can't wait till August. Gonna be a great month for me! :)

Is anyone else going to Reading???

screamingskull 03.21.2006 06:51 PM

im not, im going to leeds instead, its better. ha ha. i went last year too.

perdrix 03.21.2006 06:56 PM

maher shalal hash baz and bill wells in april, then the subcurrent event with mouthus, jessica rylan , arron dilloway,skaters and chris corsano and joe mcphee.
perhaps lightning bolt in may, or maybe ill go to stirling to see pete brotzmann

soniknirve 03.21.2006 09:21 PM

i'm checking out...

;)Giant Drag opening for Pretty Girls Make Graves on May 13th...

marleypumpkin 03.21.2006 09:26 PM

Dinosaur Jr., April 7, @ The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC

Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, June 16-18, Manchester, TN:
Radiohead, Beck, Common, Oysterhead, Sonic Youth, Les Claypool. These are the groups I want to see.

marleypumpkin 03.21.2006 09:31 PM

I can't wait for Bonaroo. In the meantime, Dinosaur Jr. will have to do.

CHOUT 03.21.2006 09:46 PM

The tables have turned - I'm playing two shows this week. I don't have any upcoming shows that I'm planning on seeing. Maybe Little River Band.

HaydenAsche 03.21.2006 09:48 PM

CHOUT, are they all ages shows?

You should PM me when one of those comes up.

CHOUT 03.21.2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
CHOUT, are they all ages shows?

You should PM me when one of those comes up.

Unfortunately, neither of the shows allow little shits like you in.
HAHA! I Kid of course.:D I just sent you a friend request on myspace, you better approve it, punk.
I'll totally let you know man. We really want to do some aa shows. Hopefully this summer. If you got any connections down there, we'll play a show.

Jt 03.21.2006 09:55 PM

I might go see Radiohead in Edinburgh this August. Think it'd be cool, or would it blow since it's in a stadium...?

HaydenAsche 03.21.2006 10:03 PM

I know the guys who run the local venue but its basically only for christian hardcore bands. I could probably get them to book you with Bribe the Ghost or something indie. Its just a little shit christian joint though.

dietzer123 03.21.2006 10:41 PM

marley my good man, i'll see you at the big b. i'll be the one weeping in joy

marleypumpkin 03.21.2006 10:46 PM

I can't wait to meet ya' man. Who are the groups you are excited about the most?

_slavo_ 03.22.2006 04:58 AM

A thousand threads!

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
well
in two weeks i´m going to see Black Dice
in may:
Gang Gang Dance, Wolf Eyes
No Neck Blues Band, Silver Mt.Zion

so I guess you're going to Donaufestival then, right??? I will be there for sure at least for Mogwai and Silver Mt.Zion concerts.
we can meet and share a pint!:)

shentov 03.22.2006 05:22 AM

i really hope to see mudhoney when they play in greece in may. smells like another mad hitch-hiking.

sonicl 03.22.2006 05:39 AM

Mudhoney in May, with circa '85 lineup Scientists supporting.

One of my first concerts was Siouxsie and the Banshees in 1985 and Scientists were their support. They were brilliant then, I wonder what they'll be like 20 years on?

TheyLiveByNight 03.22.2006 10:08 AM

well...

I'm seeing The Buzzcocks tonight, which I must admit to being ever-so-slightly dubious about since they're all well past their prime. As long as they're not 'difficult' and play what we want to hear (i.e. all those classic singles we know and love) then things should be fine. Other than that, all I have lined up so far is Afrirampo, Sleater-Kinney and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, all within the next few months. So far its shaping up to be a good year for gigs. Hopefully there'll be some SY action in the summer too...

truncated 03.22.2006 10:26 AM

This weekend I'm going to check out I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness. I'm a bit apprehensive, but we'll see.

I hear Sleater-Kinney live is amazing, even though I personally think they reek. But that's just down to my personal preferences.

truncated 03.22.2006 10:55 AM

Charlie

you lucky fucker. I am dying to see AMT