Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   occult music/satanic ritual recordings? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=23908)

Toilet & Bowels 07.31.2008 05:54 PM

yeah, their music is not particularly good. on the subject of occult record covers there's also this

The Last Ritual

atsonicpark 07.31.2008 09:44 PM

this thread is blowin my mind

atsonicpark 08.01.2008 09:41 AM

amazing

Toilet & Bowels 08.01.2008 10:16 AM

also it might be worth looking into the recordings of elizabeth clare prophet, it's not satanic but it is totally bizarre and intense stuff
http://www.aquariusrecords.org/audio...aycultrock.mp3

batreleaser 08.01.2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Found it.

ive always wanted to hear that, im way into anton lavey

atsonicpark 08.01.2008 03:19 PM

yes, LaVey is an excellent writer and theremin player.

sarramkrop 08.03.2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Are you thinking of the electronic LP "Black Mass Lucifer?"

Got that one too; several copies in fact.

Also the private press Wilburn Burchette LPs "Guitar Grimoire," "Occult Concert" and "Music Of The Godhead" from the early 1970s, which I first found out about via Mutant Sounds.

I have one of that which I play fairly regularly. I'd say it's a bit too tongue in cheek while it still still remains a good one.

Green Magnesium 08.03.2008 08:27 PM

Black Widow ?

Their stage act was really more of a gimmick... but they apparently consulted Alex Sanders, "King of the Witches", for the their infamous live act as well as the lyrics to their album Sacrifice.

Sacrifice is actually a very pretty album.

Dead-Air 08.03.2008 10:18 PM

The Psychic T.V. album Dreams Less Sweet has some very dark parts including the use of a coffin as a musical instrument. This was of course way before the whole acid house thing.

Overall, I agree with Sonic Youth that "Satan is Boring", however.

Savage Clone 08.03.2008 10:32 PM

PTV also used Tibetan thigh bones a lot on those early albums.

floatingslowly 08.04.2008 10:41 AM

generally, the summoning of demons is bad news; but, since nobody around here actually has a soul....what's to lose?

on a related subject, if you play these records backwards you can disctinctly hear "Paul is undead".

suck eggs.

Savage Clone 09.16.2008 06:42 PM

I remembered that one cassette I was thinking of now!

"The Secret Eye Of L.A.Y.L.A.H." by Zero Kama, which was recorded with instruments entirely made of human skulls and bones.

ni'k 09.16.2008 06:49 PM

electric wizard.

one of their members ended up properly mentally ill after years of being in that band and smokin weed and havin cheesy satan smokes a bong album covers which is kind of dark i guess.

Toilet & Bowels 09.16.2008 07:14 PM

Speaking of tapes there's also the Satan Place tape that came out on Hanson a few years back, it's an nterview with teenage satanists and then a recording of them playing heavy metal. it's ok, but not half as weird as i thought it was going to be.

narlus 09.17.2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegans4veal
Lustmord is amazing.

Coil, Nurse With Wound, Death in June are all very pagan/occult, but the ultimate for this is CURRENT 93.

i think Stapleton would recoil at being labeled 'pagan'.

Derek 07.01.2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
he's really avant-garde and stuff he makes mewant to blow my brainsout due to the intense avant-gardeness

Was this a westernquinox post I copy and pasted that became deleted? Cause I have no idea why I posted that otherwise.

This thread is awesome, list more people!

noisereductions 07.01.2010 11:14 AM

what was the album that they played in the movie The Gate?

Newfoundland 07.01.2010 01:32 PM

You should check out a record called "Okkulte Stimmen - Mediale Musik"
which is recordings of exorcisms and similar stuff, seriously creepy. Search for it on google blogs.

I bought a record by a italian 70/80s band called Jacula once which was recorded during a satanic mass, but the music sucked.

Also I support the mention of Tibetan music, some of it is really dark and weird. Maybe try some throat singing? Maybe some of the old nonesuch recordings?

space 07.01.2010 02:29 PM

Ruth White

Savage Clone 07.03.2010 01:05 PM

Anti Group (T.A.G.C.) - Digitaria and Meontological Research
Zero Kama - The Secret Eye Of L.A.Y.L.A.H. (all instruments made of human bones)
Hybryds - The Ritual Should Be Kept Alive pts 1 and 2

Couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, so apologies if these are redundant. Also not really "Satanic," but definitely "occult."

(EDIT: never mind. I repeated myself. Several times.)

Newish suggestion: Korpses Katatonik.