Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Antagon 02.05.2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
I used to be in a band whose one cover was "Janitor." True story.

This live version of the tune is probably better than the album version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAQtNyF_TUM

That's cool. What kind of band were you in?

Yeah, this version is amazing. I love what Su Tissue does with her voice. Part aloof, part crazed cartoon character. There are only a few who can pull that off. She absolutely aced it.

Antagon 02.05.2019 04:55 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.05.2019 05:57 PM

Antagon 02.05.2019 06:02 PM

Antagon 02.05.2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Isn't that a strictly Jun-Aug album? I can't imagine listening to that in the winter. Unless you're Choc-e-Claire, of course, in which case this is probably the perfect time for it. Still feels wrong, though. Like listening to Darkthrone during a heatwave.

It's a perfect relaxing listen if you need to get shit done in time. I was writing a paper at the time whilst coming down with the winter blues and feeling like it's gonna be rubbish anyway. So any glimpse of summery optimism was very welcome. And Getz/Gilberto provided me with that. I agree that it's not season appropriate. But it was certainly appropriate to my situation at the time.

Sorry for the late answer. Didn't see your response until now

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.05.2019 08:47 PM

Severian 02.05.2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
You and Severian would make a great couple. Even if LOVE was only consumed in the darkroom that is the internet forums. He'd whisper Radiohead lyrics into your ears well and proper. Ambient, ambience etc.

I don’t even like Radiohead that much, so weird thing to say.

I’d probably just be like, “No, that’s shit, that’s shit, that’s shit...”

Seriously, I’ve been a Radiohead fan, but I actively resent at least half of their music at this point for not being anywhere near as good as the other half.

Weirdo.

You’d make a good pedophile!

Savage Clone 02.05.2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
You’d make a good pedophile!

Come on now. That's pretty personal for discussion on matters of taste

Even if you think it's off base that is taking things too far. I've known that man too long to stand for that on his behalf. His taste is incredible and his knowledge is deep, open and informed.

anyway, right now I'm listening to Jimmy McGriff - Mean Machine. apart from one clunker, an unnecessary jazz funk cover of Get Back (seriously I never need to hear any more Beatles music for the rest of my life), a totally solid record that should be a lot more expensive than what I paid for it.

EVOLghost 02.06.2019 12:24 AM

These doods are dope as fuck.

choc e-Claire 02.06.2019 03:36 AM

Then:

Now: La Casa al Mare - This Astro EP

Severian 02.06.2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Come on now. That's pretty personal for discussion on matters of taste

Even if you think it's off base that is taking things too far. I've known that man too long to stand for that on his behalf. His taste is incredible and his knowledge is deep, open and informed.

What?

I was just kidding. Someone mentioned pedophilia, I kept the volley going.

IDGAF and don’t think GD is a pedo, and I like his taste in music for the most part

Savage Clone 02.06.2019 11:33 AM

I didn't see where the discussion started on the previous page until now. Now I get it.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.06.2019 11:43 AM

It's because claire is a minor and porky suggested her and severian would make a good couple. Severian then redirected the insult towards porky, satirizing pork's initial accusation which was in jest to begin with

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.06.2019 12:40 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.06.2019 01:27 PM

Up next...

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.06.2019 02:32 PM

Genteel Death 02.06.2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
What?

I was just kidding. Someone mentioned pedophilia, I kept the volley going.

IDGAF and don’t think GD is a pedo, and I like his taste in music for the most part

Man, I didn't even realise who choc e-Claire was until you made the paedo comment. I had to go trough her posts to find out. Man, you ought to chill a bit when you're in need for bit of Radiohead revisionism and someone satirises on it. Has Kanye West not got any new albums out yet?

Genteel Death 02.06.2019 04:25 PM

You boring twat.

Genteel Death 02.06.2019 04:36 PM

Also, you dumb idiot, it would take a quick search through my posts to quickly understand I am a gay man who has no interest in fucking children and LOVES music. Obviously you must have been busy re-reading your own crap about how Ben Frost or Lil Wayne are worth a shot when nobody gives a shit.

choc e-Claire 02.06.2019 08:11 PM

Guys, give it a break.

What Doc said is 100% right:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
It's because claire is a minor and porky suggested her and severian would make a good couple. Severian then redirected the insult towards porky, satirizing pork's initial accusation which was in jest to begin with

This thread's meant to be for discussing what tunes we've been pumping, not whether or not we like touching up teenagers.