Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hits Are For Squares A BUST for now! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=22508)

Concrete Abutments 06.11.2008 06:43 PM

Hits Are For Squares A BUST for now!

OK, so Starbucks is ONLY carrying the disc in certain cities but you can get their New Wave comp anywhere. That means the fan frothing at the mouth for a copy of this disc orders it on Starbucks.com if he's not in one of the ahem "select" cities.

Problem: Starbucks only had enough copies manufactured to distribute to their certain, exclusive, special stores! If you order it online you're waiting for the next batch and you'll get a message that screams "Back Ordered!" They shipped all they had to Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, DC etc. etc.

I called them and asked WTF since the goddamn disc came out Tuesday and I ordered it on Tuesday morning! This is the story the guy gave me.

OK OK carry a new Sonic Youth disc and limit it's distribution after it's been chattered about for a year! DUH!

tasteinmen 06.11.2008 06:46 PM

and people thought SY were selling out...

Danny Himself 06.11.2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasteinmen
and people thought SY were selling out...

Literally.. :D

skipvacuum 06.11.2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Concrete Abutments

I called them and asked WTF since the goddamn disc came out Tuesday and I ordered it on Tuesday morning! This is the story the guy gave me.

OK OK carry a new Sonic Youth disc and limit it's distribution after it's been chattered about for a year! DUH!

yeah i had called tuesdaay afternoon after i had been informed the cd was backordered..and i was told basically the same story...drag

Everyneurotic 06.11.2008 08:30 PM

it's called 'hits are for nerds'.

uhler 06.12.2008 12:15 AM

don't worry you'll be able to get it on ebay for $1.99 in about two months.

Moshe 06.12.2008 12:23 AM

Do you think that Starbucks are giving sy a hard time because Thurston said they were as evil as universal? I was monitoring their website for the last few months and I didn't see another album promoted that bad (it was never announced on the upcoming releases section, there are no details on the album, the CD is on back order).

dionysusundone 06.12.2008 12:28 AM

Thought that was Kim who said that. Probably wrong though.

blunderbuss 06.12.2008 12:29 AM

Starbucks are backing out of the music thing, aren't they? Maybe that's why they're not making an awful lot of effort with what is, let's face it, a niche product.

Moshe 06.12.2008 12:38 AM

might be kim how said it.

sarramkrop 06.12.2008 03:55 AM

Why are so many people making such a fuss about a record that everyone has already heard a trillion times apart from one tune? Isn't that a bit stupid?

blunderbuss 06.12.2008 04:18 AM

^
Pah! You're not a REAL Sonic Youth fan. I bet you download stuff, don't you?

A Thousand Threads 06.12.2008 04:21 AM

haha

sarramkrop 06.12.2008 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
^
Pah! You're not a REAL Sonic Youth fan. I bet you download stuff, don't you?

I do. I'm not a real SY fan. I slept very well last night too.

nicfit 06.12.2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Why are so many people making such a fuss about a record that everyone has already heard a trillion times apart from one tune? Isn't that a bit stupid?

guess that depends on how good is that new tune...which is the thing almost everyone is most curious about, incidentally.

Everyneurotic 06.12.2008 09:13 AM

i'm thinking sy are probably repented for working with starbucks right about now.

really, maybe they should.

by the way, REAL sonic youth fans have the complete albums and don't need a compilation to hear the songs.

nicfit 06.12.2008 09:24 AM

Hmmm... ok.
but there's no such thing as a complete album with slow revolution on it... I mean, I'd buy that instead of 2 beers, that's all. I don't think "DDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEE YOU MUST GET ITTTT!!! A GNEW TOON!! LOLLLERZZ 31337 !!!".

nicfit 06.12.2008 09:25 AM

i forgot this ^^^

Everyneurotic 06.12.2008 09:35 AM

wait til they do the destroyed room II in a couple of years.

nicfit 06.12.2008 09:38 AM

a couple decades sounds more correct, but you might be right actually.... still europowers over dollarweak tempt me a bit :D ---