Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113183)

h8kurdt 02.19.2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
Roger Stone :

“Through legal trickery Deep State hitman Robert Mueller has guaranteed that my upcoming show trial is before Judge Amy Berman Jackson,” Stone wrote, and added that Jackson is also “an Obama appointed judge” and the “#fixisin.”

Roger Stone:

“..... in no way did I mean to threaten the judge or disrespect the court.”

Love it. Anyone seen the documentary 'get me Roger Stone'?

Skuj 02.19.2019 03:50 PM

Roger Stone really is Frank Drebin, isn't he? (But a whole lot dumber.)

Skuj 02.19.2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Yeah, but wasn't a lot of that original economic boost set into motion by Obama?

Oh gosh no. No no no. Don't look at those graphs. Forget about the crisis of 2008 right when Obama was sworn in. Don't google it. Obama was a complete disaster in every way. Worst President ever.

!@#$%! 02.19.2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Also isn't what's good for the economy and large corporations not necessarily good for the lower class? What about wage stagnation?

too many things to reply to but you're not a simpleton haaa ha haa. but maybe you've been indoctrinated by commies. it happens. happened to me too once upon a time.

lemme see.. here's some of the answer.

what is "wage stagnation"?

whatever it might be, it can't be fixed by raising wages by decree.

see, a business has a budget for wages. if they're forced to pay higher wages they'll reduce the number of employees, or maybe buy robots, or maybe outsource that part of the production to someone who can do it cheaper than in-house.

now you have higher wages but more unemployment. and the taxes from the remaining workers and the business and the shareholders have to pay for the unemployment.

remember that businesses are in competition with each other. in order to serve their customers they want to produce the best and the most for the lowest cost. that means making the best out of their work force. any business that's throwing money out the window gets eaten by the competition. then their workers are out in the street with nowhere to go (maybe they go work for the competition eventually). if they pay too little, workers will choose to go work elsewhere, they won't be able to produce reliably, or with good quality, and lose again.

running a business is not an easy thing. profits are not guaranteed. a lot of businesses go under and the owners lose their shirts in the process.

"the poor" are better off in a good economy. when the economy takes a shit the first thing that gets cut is help for the poor, services, etc. even if it's not cut, by having more poor people in a bad economy there is less assistance to go around. the rich, on the other hand, can ride out a bad economy no problem.

large corporations: the biggest owner of large corporations are not "the rich" but OLD PEOPLE. pensions funds, 401(k), IRAs. when their stock takes a shit, guess who suffers? grandma, who saved and scrimped to have something for her old age. walter white, who was supposed to receive a teacher's pension. walter junior... etc.

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-...-market-2016-5

those old people include you of course, in the future, if you're socking money away and investing. don't count on social security to save your ass. unless you can live on dog chow.

ilduclo 02.19.2019 04:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl7FB-1LDjA

!@#$%! 02.19.2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Also isnt unemployment down because it's harder to apply for and people are forced ot be working multiple jobs?

I have so many questions...

low unemployment doesn't meant that "people are forced to work multiple jobs". that's what lady o'casio said right? lmao. that's so wrong. she's clueless bud, sorry. don't be mislead by her good looks.

unemployment isn't a measure of job vacancies.

unemployment is a measure of people not working.

there are very few people not-working right now.

this is a good thing not a bad one.

yes the recovery started with obama no doubt. what is suprising is that it shows no signs of letting down. everyone was expecting a recession already because it's the natural business cycle. and it may come, and i may come hard, but it's not here. the tax cuts actually boosted the recovery, at least for the short term. larry summers said 1-2 years max. we'll see how it pans out.

there's supposed to be a "natural rate" of unemployment. i.e people who for one reason or another won't work no matter what. so i believe the current unemployment is the equivalent to "full employment". everyone who wants a job has one at this point. employers are competing for workers.

see for example how evolghost was complaining that his office is severely understaffed? guess what? that's a sign of low unemployment. businesses need people and can't find any more.

as for bernie.. omfg dont get me started

i am waiting for the democratic savior who will maintain prosperity and get rid of the orange blob. the commies ain't that-- at all.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.19.2019 05:41 PM

Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...uality-n973081

Quote:

BERLIN — The Trump administration is launching a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay, U.S. officials tell NBC News, a bid aimed in part at denouncing Iran over its human rights record.

U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

“It is concerning that, in the 21st century, some 70 countries continue to have laws that criminalize LGBTI status or conduct,” said a U.S. official involved in organizing the event

!@#$%! 02.19.2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
I thank you for your excellent argument in favor of protective tariffs.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D&&FORM=VRDGAR

tariffs are just how the consumer provides financial life support for a dying industry

they are an inefficient use of resources that makes everyone poorer: the consumer pays more for inferior goods, the government wastes the collected tariff in some boondoggle, the subsidized worker goes deeper into a hole that goes nowhere, smugglers break the law to bring the superior cheaper product to the consumer, etc.

mercantilism belongs to another era. protectionism is stupid. trade makes everyone richer.

im typing this on an ipad that has more power than the computers that sent the apollo 11 mission to the moon and it costs less than 300 bucks now. i can watch tv on it, play games, read and study, do some light work, communicate with the whole planet, access huge troves of information, etc.

not in 1000 lifetimes could i make this for myself alone.

trade and specialization and global economic integration are what makes this little miracle possible.

it’s not my income that matters so much, but what my income allows me to consume

i am infinitely richer than previous generations for this device alone.

i remember a ti e when people had to buy encyclopaedias haaaaa haaaaa haaaaa

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.19.2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
low unemployment doesn't meant that "people are forced to work multiple jobs". that's what lady o'casio said right? lmao. that's so wrong. she's clueless bud, sorry. don't be mislead by her good looks.

No that's my own theory

But for the record, if she did say it I would just agree instantly

I always agree with attractive women
I'm a feminist
����

!@#$%! 02.19.2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

I always agree with attractive women
I'm a feminist
����

lmao you horndog

get your brain to fight back

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.19.2019 10:04 PM

Ask me if I'd rather see the 16th chapel or Elsa Jean...

I'm picking Elsa Jean every time. I bet she smells like muffins.

!@#$%! 02.19.2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Ask me if I'd rather see the 16th chapel or Elsa Jean...

I'm picking Elsa Jean every time. I bet she smells like muffins.

i had to google her

more like antibiotics maybe? :D

but yeah i get your point... monica bellucci is my preferred italian masterpiece of all times haaa haaaa haaa

!@#$%! 02.19.2019 10:40 PM

fuck, i could not wait to get out of high school either

total fucking prison

i still get nightmares about it now and then ha ha ha

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.19.2019 11:25 PM

Now, listen to Monica very closely, Symbols...

"The means of production belong to the people, !@#$%!. I want you to give 70% of your income to Dr. Eugene Felikson so he can upgrade his computer, !@#$%! Also his wrist hurts so you should buy him a new one and a better camera while he jerks off, chugs coffee, and watches the Hotel Transylvania movies repeatedly while ignoring all of your foreign film recomendations and crying online how his generation has it harder than those prior, !@#$%!"

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.20.2019 12:24 AM

Bernie Sanders Raises Over $3.3 Million From 120,000 Small Donors in Just 10 Hours

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-just-10-hours

Quote:

After an out-of-the-gate fundraising spree following the initial announcement early Tuesday morning (see below), sources from within the Bernie Sanders presidential campaign report that in just 10 hours—as of 5:00 PM ET—it was able to raise $3.3 million from approximately 120,000 donors.

The resulting donation average might sound familiar to those who remember the number Sanders turned into a catchphrase during his 2016 campaign: $27.

Y'know what? Fuck it, I'm hopping back on the Bernie train. I don't care how old the man is. If he loses the primaries, then fine. I'll vote for anyone who can dethrone Donald Trump

dirty bunny 02.20.2019 12:42 AM

Howard Shultz is the best non-Trump candidate.

I think he's refreshing. Self-made billionaire. Left-centre. Not a loony.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.20.2019 01:02 AM

The Starbucks guy?

Aren't we past the whole running the country as if it were a business thing by now?
I'd like someone with political experience please.

dirty bunny 02.20.2019 02:26 AM

Experience isn't everything. A career politician can become so entangled in things they forget where they came from.

And the guy was poor, so he knows what that's like.

!@#$%! 02.20.2019 05:36 AM

Quote:

Now, listen to Monica very closely, Symbols...

[i]"The means of production belong to the people, !@#$%!.

Yes Dear Monica yes... we should buy more stocks... so that we increase our ownership... you are so glorious...

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.20.2019 08:16 AM

Yes, Elsa... we need to eradicate the poor. Yes, Elsa... running a nation is no more nuanced than running a restaurant chain. Yes, Elsa... people's lives are no different than mocha lattes and brand recognition. Yes, Elsa... I'll wash all your flip-flops with my tongue...