Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Should I go on Tour and Not go to Class? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13276)

Richard Pryor on Fire 05.18.2007 10:31 AM

Should I go on Tour and Not go to Class?

My buddy just invited me to go on his east coast tour with him, and it sounds like a hoot, but I would probably have to drop my classes this semester.... what to do what to do...

Cardinal Rob 05.18.2007 10:42 AM

The total rock and roll thing and great story for any future kids of yours would be to go on east coast tour. I probably wouldn't do that though myself...

pbradley 05.18.2007 10:46 AM

what kind of music does he play?

fishmonkey 05.18.2007 10:51 AM

stick to your education now, hate to sound like a prude but i'm sure if your asking us publically you know deep down inside you should'nt drop yr classes.

i'm not even sure what that means..

ahh fuck it... go.

i used to be indecisive but now i just dont know.

SynthethicalY 05.18.2007 10:59 AM

If you are in classes right now, don't go. But if it is summer and you won't fall behind, then go for it.

pbradley 05.18.2007 11:07 AM

I say go.

You can always take them later.

!@#$%! 05.18.2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
If you are in classes right now, don't go. But if it is summer and you won't fall behind, then go for it.

EXACTLY.

don't bail on your finals, toots!

you can always catch a plane & meet them later, rather than waste the 1000s of $$ you've put into your tuition.

ALIEN ANAL 05.18.2007 11:51 AM

do it
itll be awesome
itll be a new experience and you didnt even expect to be doing it and stuf...right
anywayy do it

Everyneurotic 05.18.2007 01:50 PM

if i was playing, then i would tour.
if it's tagging along, it depends.

Richard Pryor on Fire 05.18.2007 02:27 PM

http://www.myspace.com/suddeninfantdeathsyndrome I got some thinking to do.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.18.2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
My buddy just invited me to go on his east coast tour with him, and it sounds like a hoot, but I would probably have to drop my classes this semester.... what to do what to do...

thats a damn good question my friend, so to better answer it you should ask the better question, Why do you go to class to begin with? What is it you are getting and planning to get from going to school? If you don't have a clue, maybe the break would help clear the air. I turned down a tour with a buddy because I-man need to finish my school, there are Ethiopian school children who would rather here me talk about boring 7th grade English class then who would want to hear my guitar. so what are you ambitions and is music the most important of them?

!@#$%! 05.18.2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
thats a damn good question my friend, so to better answer it you should ask the better question, Why do you go to class to begin with? What is it you are getting and planning to get from going to school? If you don't have a clue, maybe the break would help clear the air. I turned down a tour with a buddy because I-man need to finish my school, there are Ethiopian school children who would rather here me talk about boring 7th grade English class then who would want to hear my guitar. so what are you ambitions and is music the most important of them?

thats a very good point.

when i answered, i assumed that he was going to school for a reason. but maybe he has none! :D

Richard Pryor on Fire 05.19.2007 05:20 PM

Naw, I'n going to school for a reason, I'm going for journalism, and I'm excited about it, I can't blow off the whole semester but I think I can blow off a week, and that's what I'm going to do, by the way did anybody check out that link http://www.myspace.com/suddeninfantdeathsyndrome I don't mean to be guererilla marketing here but you guys should check them out.

terminal pharmacy 05.19.2007 07:48 PM

go to class, touring isn't as glamourous as it sounds

Inhuman 05.19.2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
EXACTLY.

don't bail on your finals, toots!

you can always catch a plane & meet them later, rather than waste the 1000s of $$ you've put into your tuition.

aah tuitions bite! Here in Quebec there is no such thing as school tuition, it's all free

deathbombarc 05.19.2007 08:26 PM

when yr 80 and on yr death bed looking back on your life, what will you wish you had done?

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 05.19.2007 08:50 PM

school.

k-krack 05.19.2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
aah tuitions bite! Here in Quebec there is no such thing as school tuition, it's all free

I knew I was going to go to school in Montreal... but when I was told this, that only solidified it. Innit great! (I'm moving there a year prior to school, becausde I think that's the rule...)

RanaldoNecro 05.19.2007 09:11 PM

Tour Tour Tour!

Just don't drop out 80% of the way thru. Thats not too brite. Your whilke you can, school will always be there gaurenteed...

RanaldoNecro 05.19.2007 09:13 PM

Attention Inhuman....

I am in Ontario and tuition is mega expensive. Even for things that are 'society friendly' like Education and Nursing. Sorry to get political but it really fookin sux having debt for something like school.