Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What gigs are you going to in the coming months? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6735)

choc e-Claire 06.05.2023 07:22 PM

Seeing Squarepusher tonight!

The Soup Nazi 06.05.2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
If I was in New York, I would go to this La Monte Young concert: http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/2...95/e3a6d86ab8/

Amazing that La Monte and Marian are still active and kicking ass.

"La Monte Young is the daddy of us all." -Brian Eno

_tunic_ 06.10.2023 08:04 AM

Domi & JD Beck will be teaming up with the Metropole Orchestra.
And I'll be seeing it live, in November!

Not really my usual style, but I'm very curious to see them play live. His drumming is out of this world, and her looks are so deceiving.
They are such an odd couple and so is their music.

choc e-Claire 06.10.2023 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Domi & JD Beck will be teaming up with the Metropole Orchestra.
And I'll be seeing it live, in November!

A friend of a friend said they'd put on the best show they'd ever seen, hope you enjoy it!

_tunic_ 06.14.2023 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
A friend of a friend said they'd put on the best show they'd ever seen, hope you enjoy it!

yeah, I watched some live videos on YT and those are great (especially this one), they're mostly just by the two of them. The album features all kinds of R&B and rap singers, that doesn't really do it for me. But live they shine. And she has this crazy funny French accent as a bonus too ;-).

I almost regret that I'll be seeing them with a full blown orchestra, because it will drown out their playing, but it will be cool anyways.

Toilet & Bowels 06.19.2023 05:39 PM

Saw The Dead C & Roy Montgomery tonight. Was pretty much perfect. Seeing them again on Weds.

choc e-Claire 06.20.2023 08:04 AM

Seeing Slowdive in a month's time to make up for their delayed festival show.

Antagon 07.19.2023 08:51 AM

Canadian Darkwave band ACTORS at Replugged Vienna this Friday. I'm actually co-hosting and deejaying that evening too.

Kuhb 07.23.2023 09:16 AM

Quote:

Seeing Slowdive in a month's time to make up for their delayed festival show.

Just saw then, fuck they were good

choc e-Claire 07.23.2023 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuhb
Just saw then, fuck they were good

We were probably both at the gig then :D

SonicSleuth 08.14.2023 10:32 PM

Osees next month

_tunic_ 08.31.2023 11:12 AM

I swore to myself I wasn't going to travel far anymore for concerts, especially not all the way to Amsterdamned. But this one is too good to pass up on:

Claire M. Singer, 11 November in Amsterdam

it's the presentation for her new album Soar!! At the same place where she recorded part of the album. See her facebook for more details
So far only one of these gigs is in her agenda.

Quote:

Claire will be launching the album with a special concert at Orgelpark in Amsterdam on the 11th November where she will premiere the title track Saor for five organs.

one person, five organs. how!? :eek::confused:

choc e-Claire 09.04.2023 03:44 AM

Quote:

They Might Be Giants performing all of Flood, October 7 @ the Forum

This has been delayed to October 11, 2024...

_tunic_ 09.07.2023 04:28 PM

scored myself a ticket via TicketSwap for the sold-out acoustic Amenra concert next Friday, in a bigass church!

This has been on top of my wanted list for some time, to see Amenra play an acoustic set. And it's the day after the Nils Frahm concert.

The Soup Nazi 09.15.2023 04:04 AM

_tunic_, dunno if you read that Alan Sparhawk will perform "a solo set" at Le Guess Who? in November.

https://www.uncut.co.uk/news/le-gues...arhawk-143732/

Zero idea on how far you are from Utrecht. Or if tickets are affordable. Or if you can stand festivals (I can't!). :)

_tunic_ 09.15.2023 05:26 PM

yeah I heard, but I'm not going. It's already sold out, but even if I could still manage to score a ticket I don't know (or like) any of the other artists, so I would be having to pay 70 Euros for just him.

Just returned from Amenra (it's past midnight here) they were magical! Recording is ok-ish, except that there's only one channel :-( I might have a loose connection ..

choc e-Claire 09.15.2023 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
yeah I heard, but I'm not going. It's already sold out, but even if I could still manage to score a ticket I don't know (or like) any of the other artists, so I would be having to pay 70 Euros for just him.

The other thing I know going on there is that black midi are playing a Beatles covers set, which is fairly amusing to me...

Drjohnrock 09.16.2023 07:08 PM

Mark Eitzel, October 20, Columbus, Ohio. Really looking forward to this one.

The Soup Nazi 09.16.2023 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
Mark Eitzel, October 20, Columbus, Ohio. Really looking forward to this one.

Nice. :)

Drjohnrock 09.16.2023 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Nice. :)

Thanks. It's a house concert. I've never been to one of those before (unless it was a local band, which doesn't count). I saw Johnny Dowd in Pittsburgh back in June at what was supposed to be a house show. But it was switched to a brewpub and was more like a conventional gig.