Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fuck it, maybe I should just fly to Brazil. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=60726)

Gerrystumbaugh 10.18.2011 12:34 PM

Fuck it, maybe I should just fly to Brazil.

I figure if I sell my record collection, I'll get enough scratch to fly to Sao Paulo on November 14...... could be my last chance to see SY......

I can always buy more records later.

RanaldoNecro 10.18.2011 01:00 PM

Someone research some cheap flights with departures from Florida or NY.

I would do this too.

RanaldoNecro 10.18.2011 01:01 PM

http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-cont...volleyball.jpg

Gerrystumbaugh 10.18.2011 01:30 PM

looks like flights are about $1300 from the bay area....

Aaaadrpk 10.19.2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
trust me. don't do it.

the eat white people there.

srsly

unfortunate joke or comment I give you two words: ignorant and racist.

EVOLghost 10.19.2011 03:48 PM

A A R D V A R K!

The Soup Nazi 10.19.2011 06:53 PM

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...&postcount=295

hevusa 10.20.2011 01:21 AM

Free blow right?

canabero 10.20.2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi

This reminds people that assisted last year to Chile for Faith no More, it supposed to be their last show :rolleyes:

AH, and Soup Nazi, FUCK YOU. Miyavi, Stone Temple Pilots and Primus are amazing, i'm going to enjoy that festival

The Soup Nazi 10.20.2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canabero
AH, and Soup Nazi, FUCK YOU. Miyavi, Stone Temple Pilots and Primus are amazing, i'm going to enjoy that festival

My usual policy is never to engage, but I can't help saying there went any credibility you might have had.

Quote:

When I see MTV and its Stone Temple Pilots mania, I wanna say, "Fuck rock & rock. Rock & roll is dead! Art rules!" —Thurston, 1994

canabero 10.20.2011 05:24 PM

by the way, Thurston, the same guy that promoved to fans to hear that shitty pop band called "Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs"?

floatingslowly 10.20.2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aardvark
unfortunate joke or comment I give you two words: ignorant and racist.

don't act like you haven't tried it, my spanish-speaking friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brazil
White people: the other white meat.

ann ashtray 10.20.2011 05:37 PM

Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs...while not great, are still considerably better than STP in my opinion. Primus is territory I wish to not venture into. Homeboy is a fantastic bassist, but most everything he plays bores me. I can def. see how Les maintains a solid fanbase.

The Soup Nazi 10.20.2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canabero
by the way, Thurston, the same guy that promoved to fans to hear that shitty pop band called "Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs...while not great, are still considerably better than STP in my opinion.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs may not exactly be the most innovative band of the last decade, but "Maps" alone blows anything and everything Clone Temple Pilots have done and will ever do in their no-talent faux-rock sorry-ass time on this planet. As for the Thurston quote, I posted it because it was dead-on 17 years ago and remains so today (just replace "MTV" with the name of that grody sewer of a festival in which they'll perform), not because I consider Moore's opinion to be the ultimate yardstick by which music should be judged. Several numbers blessed with his seal of approval don't fly too high, or at all, in my book (Gainsbourg, black metal acts, etc.).

floatingslowly 10.20.2011 08:33 PM

hey guys, pardon me, I'm new here.

are you really discussing about whether the yeah yeah yeahs are better than stone pimple pilots?

really? who ISN'T better than STP? Velvet Replver? maybe. but we're talking STP. that's a whole new level of suck.

you can't see me, but I'm shaking my head in disgust at you right now.

STP...

wow.

buy new ears.

The Soup Nazi 10.20.2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
hey guys, pardon me, I'm new here.

are you really discussing about whether the yeah yeah yeahs are better than stone pimple pilots?

really? who ISN'T better than STP? Velvet Replver? maybe. but we're talking STP. that's a whole new level of suck.

Positive rep galore.

canabero 10.20.2011 08:44 PM

if you prefer to hear pop, not my problem

floatingslowly 10.20.2011 08:53 PM

you don't think STP is pop?

STP is two suits in a boardroom, looking at soundscan saying "we need a band that sounds like Pearl Jim vs Nirvana vs Alice and Change. I tell ya, baby, it'd be fab".

pop, my man. pop.

RanaldoNecro 10.20.2011 09:40 PM

I like Primus. STP blew right from the beginning. And that dude is insufferable.

EVOLghost 10.21.2011 08:33 AM

Funny thing is that STP was one of my first concerts. I WAS YOUNG AND IMPRESSIONABLE FUCK YOU!