Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a picture of the view from your bedroom window. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41086)

amerikangod 08.26.2010 05:58 PM

Post a picture of the view from your bedroom window.

Null

demonrail666 08.26.2010 06:32 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.26.2010 06:46 PM

I hang afghans over my windows because I'm gothic, and (lol) poor.

SONIC GAIL 08.27.2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

I hang afghans over my windows because I'm gothic, and (lol) poor.

go to the dollar store they are cheaper than afgans are. Cool look though. I have bamboo hiding the accordian sides of my ac unit.

ploesj 08.27.2010 09:39 AM

to the right

to the left

and through the living room, the other side.

i still live at home. does it show?

EVOLghost 08.27.2010 09:42 AM

ploes, your area looks lovely.

ploesj 08.27.2010 09:45 AM

it's the historic center of the city, so mostly touristy things and restaurants. the good thing is that tourists go to bed early to be fresh for the next day of sightseeing so after midnight it's usually fairly quiet here, apart from the occasional drunk chanting dutch guy.

hevusa 08.27.2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
it's the historic center of the city, so mostly touristy things and restaurants. the good thing is that tourists go to bed early to be fresh for the next day of sightseeing so after midnight it's usually fairly quiet here, apart from the occasional drunk chanting dutch guy.

damn girl... your family is rich!
beautiful country you live in.

ploesj 08.27.2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevusa
damn girl... your family is rich!
beautiful country you live in.

not really, we were lucky.

this house is in two parts, separated by some open space... so i have to get down four flights of stairs and through open air to get to the kitchen. the people who sold it used to live in the back part and had an office in the front (kind of like a mullet-house). the thing was big, too big and complicated for regular families, but perfect for a family of eight! (two single parents with three kids from a previous marriage each)

so by the time we found it the previous owners were so desperate they lowered the price a lot.

artsygrrl 08.27.2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

to the right

to the left

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T, ploesj! I am sooooo jealous!

!@#$%! 08.27.2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

to the right

to the left

damn, that is lovely, i am jealous of europeans.

i had this friend who lived in strassbourg & she sent me the coolest pictures from her medieval-looking neighborhood.

'merica:

ploesj 08.27.2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl
H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T, ploesj! I am sooooo jealous!

haha, no need to be! i do like living here but i realise i'll never be able to afford it when i live on my own, and i'll have to settle for a lot less. contrary to some other kids here who talk about their houses like they actually paid for them.

TheFoxBen 08.27.2010 11:00 AM

Very nice neighborhood ploesj !

Now, to ruin the "Belgian magic", here's mine on a rainy day:

Antagon 08.27.2010 11:04 AM

Home sweet Construction Site

gualbert 08.27.2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
"Belgian magic"

Haha, what a wonderful place!

chicka 08.27.2010 11:39 AM

Nothing special just my webcam shot but it's a nice neighborhood and the house is mine. The location is great all highways within 5 minutes by car but it's like living in the suburbs while still in the big city of Worcester MA. I love it.

Genteel Death 08.27.2010 12:11 PM

tesla69 08.27.2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

this house is in two parts, separated by some open space... so i have to get down four flights of stairs and through open air to get to the kitchen. .

thats just crazy! In New York City they would call that an "expansive duplex with outdoor yard and connected 2nd apartment".

ploesj 08.27.2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
thats just crazy! In New York City they would call that an "expansive duplex with outdoor yard and connected 2nd apartment".

haha yeah, it's kind of maze-like. the back 'house' is all one part, but the front were all these tiny studios and appartments connected by stairs. we broke some walls down but there are still two different ways to get to my room. it's kind of nice since my mother is in the other part of the house and i get a lot of privacy this way.

downside: across the street is a hotel, and my window looks right into one of their rooms. so unless i close my curtains all the time i have to make sure there's no one there when changing. and the people in the hotel are always surprised that i live there, since they tend to run around in various states of undress (seriously, i once saw a chubby couple chasing each other in their underwear, or a naked lady rubbing body lotion on herself RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE WINDOW)

chicka 08.27.2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death

looks like a scene from Farenheit 451