Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do you think you're ugly? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31393)

artsygrrl 05.18.2009 11:45 PM

Do you think you're ugly?

This is sort of about the Susan Boyle appearance on the dumb-ass show American Idol. She sure as hell had the last laugh.
...so... the words "ugly" and "beautiful" are extremely general terms that are, however, perceived on a very personal basis.
Obviously, this depends on your own self-image and self-esteem.....but would you answer these questions about "ugly"?

1. Do you think you are ugly?
2. If you do, do you give a flyin fuk?
3. Define ugly in terms of physical appearance and/or the person within.
4. Do you judge a book by it's cover?
5. Do you feel sympathy for someone you perceive as very ugly?
6. Do feel a bit jealous when you see someone you perceive as more attractive than you?

Thanks for sharing. Hugs all around.

EVOLghost 05.19.2009 12:37 AM

1. No. I'm the most beautiful person in the world
2. If I was I think I would give a flyin fuk
3. Ugly is ugly....
4. All the time.
5. Once....in a bathroom.
6. Never.

pbradley 05.19.2009 12:44 AM

Grew out of my awkward teenage phase, so no.

atsonicpark 05.19.2009 05:18 AM

I used to think I was ugly, but I managed to date and have sex with at least 5 women who I think are or were beautiful/hot/extremely cut/pretty/sexy/etc. In fact -- and I'm not bragging -- I've never had an ugly girlfriend. And a few people have told me the girls I've dated are too hot for me.. I can live with that. But the point is.. if I was UGLY, I couldn't have gotten with some great looking broads. I mean, my personality is good but it's not THAT good, so I gotta have some looks behind me.

I remember when I did ecstasy and looked in the mirror and I was like... oh my god, I'm so BEAUTIFUL. I don't usually think that when I look in the mirror, though. Haha.

I think my biggest thing is, I just don't give a shit about how I look. If I'm ugly or not... I don't really concern myself with it at this point. I went through that stage in my life.

ZEROpumpkins 05.19.2009 06:28 AM

1. I think I could be better looking if I lost some weight.
2. Sometimes, sometimes not.
3. Features that do not adhere to mathematical evenness (i.e. well proportioned features)
4. Everyone does
5. Yes lol
6. Nah, unless they're a total douche but people still like them.

Death & the Maiden 05.19.2009 06:40 AM

1. Do you think you are ugly? No, but I don't exactly think of myself as someone attractive.
2. If you do, do you give a flyin fuk? Not really.
3. Define ugly in terms of physical appearance and/or the person within. It all depends... I don't know really.
4. Do you judge a book by its cover? Yes, everyone does.
5. Do you feel sympathy for someone you perceive as very ugly? Only if they're not happy or lonely or something.
6. Do feel a bit jealous when you see someone you perceive as more attractive than you? I tend to be jealous of the more charismatic and confident people rather than the people who just have looks.

Lamont Cranston 05.19.2009 06:46 AM

absolutely

_slavo_ 05.19.2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
I tend to be jealous of the more charismatic and confident people rather than the people who just have looks.

This is very true.

ploesj 05.19.2009 08:30 AM

1. Do you think you are ugly? if i read the comments in the post a picture... thread, i'm not.
2. If you do, do you give a flyin fuk?my idea of beauty is different than most people's anyway, so no.
3. Define ugly in terms of physical appearance and/or the person within. behaving ugly can do bad too. some people could look absolutely gorgeous if they just showed it a bit more.
4. Do you judge a book by its cover? yes, even though i don't want to. i do give people a chance though.
5. Do you feel sympathy for someone you perceive as very ugly? only if they seem to have a problem with it. if they don't care, why should i?
6. Do feel a bit jealous when you see someone you perceive as more attractive than you? who doesn't.

afterthefact 05.19.2009 08:32 AM

I go back and forth. I either think I am ugly, or I can see how maybe somebody might find me attractive. That's about as far as my range on this goes though.

greedrex 05.19.2009 09:19 AM

1. Do you think you are ugly? nope
2. If you do, do you give a flyin fuk? n/a
3. Define ugly in terms of physical appearance and/or the person within. pfff
4. Do you judge a book by it's cover? no
5. Do you feel sympathy for someone you perceive as very ugly? no
6. Do feel a bit jealous when you see someone you perceive as more attractive than you? yes

_slavo_ 05.19.2009 10:08 AM

1. Do you think you are ugly? no, I'm ok wih how I look.
2. If you do, do you give a flyin fuk? N/A
3. Define ugly in terms of physical appearance and/or the person within. to some people, being ugly means being other then generally accepted image of "pretty". I have different criteria though.
4. Do you judge a book by it's cover? yes, to some extent.
5. Do you feel sympathy for someone you perceive as very ugly? yes.
6. Do feel a bit jealous when you see someone you perceive as more attractive than you? no, never.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.19.2009 10:16 AM

Do you think I'm ugly? (no I'm not stoned, it's just that the angle)

1. No, I don't think I'm ugly, most of the time.
2. I'm very narcissistic
3. Ugliness is a mix of appearance and personality. Your personality amplifies the negative or positive elements in your appearance. To define ugly appearance, there's some science behind that. Lack of symmetry or the look of being unhealthy for example.
4. It depends. Some people like to wear themselves on their sleeves after all. Some people don't.
5. Sometimes. Sometimes I question why they don't do anything to improve their looks.
6. A little, yes.

pbradley 05.19.2009 10:34 AM

Right now, I'm dressed like a turn of the century saloon tender.

Job interview!

!@#$%! 05.19.2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artsygrrl
This is sort of about the Susan Boyle appearance on the dumb-ass show American Idol. She sure as hell had the last laugh.
...so... the words "ugly" and "beautiful" are extremely general terms that are, however, perceived on a very personal basis.
Obviously, this depends on your own self-image and self-esteem.....but would you answer these questions about "ugly"?

6. Do feel a bit jealous when you see someone you perceive as more attractive than you?

Thanks for sharing. Hugs all around.

hi artsy!

1 - yes! especially around the asshole. no-- i'm ok i guess. i have no problem being seen in public. i'm not highly asymmetrical.

2 - no. but i do dislike bad health so i try to stay in shape. then again i'm a man and i would not want to be "pretty".

3. ugly appearance: face- a nasty frown, an ass face, a missing nose, a perpetual grimace of pain, stupid bovine eyes, etc. body - goiter, leprosy, no arms and legs. ugliness is relative.

4. of course. start somewhere. ugly people tend to be more resentful and emotionally tortured, the good looking tend to be more vapid and self-important. we all judge (it's a tool of survival), but it's nice to be suprised.

5. yeah. like that woman who had her face blown off with a shotgun. holy mother of fuck.

6. like i said i'm a hetero male so i don't care about being pretty. plus i'm more fun than most male models. however, having to compete for poontang with pretty boys while growing up was a tough business. young stupid girls like pretty boys. but it's a good thing because it forces you to develop a strong personality and other ninja skills.

atsonicpark 05.19.2009 11:02 AM

So rise your whole clit make you suck on your own tits now spit the cancer out grab a glock call me sir manson a lot blow your brains on the seats faracose veins on the streets cocaine dust and weed kill you slowly its a must you bleed pop a vein in your skull from the stress feel the numb in your chest anxiety attack murder you with a variety an axe a mack a black jack a bat crack
Right upside your fuckin head for talkin shit about this kid you bled sadistic in red my biscuit pumps lead cock it obnoxious your chopped up in boxes im toxic my topics are gothic
Morbidity you cant get rid of my the reason is humidity is shit to me so kill yourself and right a note right before the news wraps tied around your throat your windpipe is choked new york is filled with transvestites in coats helpless wenches controlled and sacrificin goats its depth forty-second street deralits reppin it sellin shit malevolent man felons kid i got three in the fam me and my man with beat your with hands leave you beneath the sand your sinkin quickly im thinkin im sickly i need medication the cadavers are gettin stinky

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.19.2009 02:51 PM

Possibly, but I know how to work with it.

-

I find beauty in both. I have high standards, and can have a very 'elitist' mentality at times. I enjoy a good mixture of physical, emotional, and mental beauty.

At first, yes.

No. If you're ugly, do something about it.

Moreso impressed, than jealous. I try to learn what makes these specific people "more attractive" and consider ways to apply these qualities onto myself.

Derek 05.19.2009 03:00 PM

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol’ internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it’s real easy, man.

Better_Than_You 05.19.2009 03:01 PM

Fuck no.

Fuck no.

I wouldn't fuck them, even if I was piss drunk.

Yeah.

Depends on why theyre ugly

No. I think "How can i get on that?"

Sonic Youth 37 05.19.2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
Fuck no.

Fuck no.

I wouldn't fuck them, even if I was piss drunk.

Yeah.

Depends on why theyre ugly

No. I think "How can i get on that?"

These are the correct answers. Ditto.