Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   $100 bucks (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5390)

Alex's Trip 08.24.2006 08:54 PM

$100 bucks

I have been meaning to buy a turntable...

I've got $100 bucks.

Should I go for it?

If so, help me pick one...

finding nobody 08.24.2006 08:55 PM

What else could you buy with it?

luxinterior 08.24.2006 08:57 PM

I'd buy a nice pair of shoes.

RIPfrey05 08.24.2006 08:57 PM

This

Alex's Trip 08.24.2006 08:59 PM

My grandma, who works for Zero, the skate board company, got me a nice pair of shoes.

I could keep saving and buy a drum set, just buy CD's.

I'm awfull at allocating my money. I never know what to buy, because I want to buy so much.

RIPfrey05 08.24.2006 08:59 PM

or....

Alex's Trip 08.24.2006 08:59 PM

My dad got a fooseball table 4 chirstmases ago.

finding nobody 08.24.2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIPfrey05
or....

fudge that.
your grandma works for zero? that's very cool. i've met jamie thomas before
I say get a turn table. But make sure you get a good record with it.

luxinterior 08.24.2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
My grandma, who works for Zero, the skate board company, got me a nice pair of shoes.

I could keep saving and buy a drum set, just buy CD's.

I'm awfull at allocating my money. I never know what to buy, because I want to buy so much.

I think you should buy a pair like Nick is wearing in my avatar and then tell me where you found them. I've been looking for something similar, but shoes have become really ridiculous looking as of late.

finding nobody 08.24.2006 09:05 PM

Aside from my shoes all of my clothes come from wall-mart. Very cheap. I can't help but at laugh at people that spend 50 dollars on "pre-faded and ripped jeans". But sometimes I spring forward for the occasional band t-shirt and stuff like that.

HaydenAsche 08.24.2006 09:08 PM

Wal-Mart clothes? I'm a fashion whore. I love corduroy blazers and jackets. I buy canvas slip-on shoes like no other. I always get them cheap from the internet though so I don't spend any more money than I would on Wal-mart clothes.

finding nobody 08.24.2006 09:10 PM

You wouldnt really know that they're wall-mart clothes. It's just that they aren't name brand. Most of the shirts I wear are plain t-shirts.
When i was a kid i wouldnt be caught dead in anything from wall-mart

Alex's Trip 08.24.2006 09:10 PM

What clothing sites would you recommend, Hayden?

Finding Nobody, I love band t-shirts. That is almost all I wear. I usually can find them pretty cheap online, but sometimes I'll buy the $20 dollar ones.

luxinterior 08.24.2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Aside from my shoes all of my clothes come from wall-mart. Very cheap. I can't help but at laugh at people that spend 50 dollars on "pre-faded and ripped jeans". But sometimes I spring forward for the occasional band t-shirt and stuff like that.

I like well-made jeans that will last me a few years. If they cost a bit more than the ones from JCPenney or whatever, it's still worth it. I am glad that the straight and skinny leg jeans are being stocked again. I always hated wearing flares.

HaydenAsche 08.24.2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
What clothing sites would you recommend, Hayden?

Finding Nobody, I love band t-shirts. That is almost all I wear. I usually can find them pretty cheap online, but sometimes I'll buy the $20 dollar ones.

eBay until I fucking die, my good friend. I am currently bidding on this beautiful maroon cord blazer. If I don't get it I will find out who did win and steal it. I get band shirts off of eBay quite often as well. I got a Xiu Xiu one for 8 bucks last week. I have yet to find an interesting site with decent clothes.

finding nobody 08.24.2006 09:14 PM

I haven't had a real problem with the wall-mart jeans, I dont really like the color, they're a little too dark. But they fade in a few washes

Alex's Trip 08.24.2006 09:15 PM

I got some levi jeans from Kohls the other day. They were half off, and they are really nice. Good color, nice fit etc.

HaydenAsche 08.24.2006 09:20 PM

I love jeans but nowhere makes them long enough for me. In men's jeans I wear about a 30-36. It is fucking horribly difficult to find pants that skinny and that long. It is even harder now wearing girl jeans. Oh, the pains of pants that don't fit.

Fortunately, I was able to find 3 pairs, 2 Arizona and 1 Levi, at JC Penny the other day. 8 Long usually isn't long enough for me.

finding nobody 08.24.2006 09:22 PM

Hayden, my dad has the exact same problem

Alex's Trip 08.24.2006 09:23 PM

I'm the opposite. I need shorter ones. The problem isn't bad though. I get a long fine with a little extra denim though.

But I'm not even that short. They just don't have shorter ones because everyone loves baggy crap.