Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   the keiji haino praising thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9994)

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.21.2007 02:13 PM

the keiji haino praising thread

any fans in here?

Savage Clone 01.21.2007 02:17 PM

Coolest-looking man on earth.

Much praise for much of his music.
A true inspiration.

sun city girl 01.21.2007 03:18 PM

yeah, i'm a fan too!

jon boy 01.21.2007 03:19 PM

indeed he is amazing.

val-holla-ing 01.21.2007 04:51 PM

he and johnny cash and the guys from suicide should've killed off will smith and tommy lee jones to be in that movie "men in black"

Glice 01.21.2007 05:09 PM

Haino is one of the few people who makes me think I don't want to make music. I'm surprised anyone who hears him can bear making, by comparison, utterly pointless and abysmal music. Makes 99.99% of everything else inferior.

Toilet & Bowels 01.21.2007 09:20 PM

i frequently get naked and rub myself with black substances while i scream 'to those headed to yonder void, i say "not that way".'

does anyone think that keiji haino has a girlfriend, or like me do you think he doesn't concern himself with trivial matters of the flesh?

pantophobia 01.21.2007 10:40 PM

I said it before somewhere, but i will say it here

i listened to Pathetique, and my mind melted

and he needs to come to DC, i will put him up in a nice hotel and free food at the Florida Ave Grill, Ben's Chili Bowl, or the Tastee Diner, his choice

Phlegmscope 01.22.2007 12:15 AM

There's some uspeakable darkness in keiji even when's enjoying some ice cream (is that chocolate?).

porkmarras 01.22.2007 12:26 AM

That's one hell of a cool picture there!

porkmarras 01.22.2007 01:07 AM

Just found this.Email this guy if you want the recording.

KEIJI HAINO & COIL

Play The Blues [no label, 1CD]

Live at Mandala 2 in Kichijoji, Tokyo, Sept 28, 2003.
Haino is the name to follow in underground circles in Japan. Notorious for the noise he makes on his guitars, this short 45-min set has him with Coil stripping the blues to the bone. You’ve never heard these blues standards played like this before.
The band are Keiji Haino [vocals, gtr, harmonica], Natsuki Kido [gtr], Takeharu Hayakawa [bs] and Eiji Tanaka [drms]. This is a fine DAT audience recording, never released before.

Click on the highlighted tracks to download the MP3s (these are high quality, stereo MP3s - sample rate of 192 kibit/s). As far as we can ascertain, none of these tracks have been officially released.

These tracks are no longer available for download. Kindly email us at singbigo@singnet.com.sg if you want to download these tracks at a later time.

Track 01Bad To The Bone (11.3MB)Track 02 Suzie Q (9.6MB)Track 03Spoonful (21.9MB) Track 04Got My Mojo Workin’ (16.7MB)

Thomas Moronic 01.22.2007 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compulsive diarrhea, jico

any fans in here?

Praise be. Last year's New Rap album with Yoshida Tatsuya was especially great.

drrrtyboots 01.22.2007 11:53 AM

long live haino, r.i.p. fushitsusha.

Glice 01.22.2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
long live haino, r.i.p. fushitsusha.

Hiatus! Pray God it's a hiatus. Hiatus.

Toilet & Bowels 01.22.2007 04:06 PM

just so people know, that's not the coil of jon balance & co fame.

fushitsusha is still a somewhat ongoing concern, they played some shows in 2005 at least.

racehorse 01.22.2007 04:55 PM

i've avoided him long enough, so what would you recommend for me to buy first? i checked out fushitsusha but alot of their records go for extortionate prices...
i already own the record he did with derek bailey, which is fucking amazing.
any ideas?

Glice 01.22.2007 05:29 PM

I'd go for... um... anything really. Anything. He doesn't do bad records. Perhaps a solo rather than a collaborative record? Sometimes the collaborative records fall foul of other people not being as good as him.

I'm actually completely dumbfounded as to what to recommend. I think you'll either get it or not. Fushitsusha is the place to start, really.

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.22.2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse
i've avoided him long enough, so what would you recommend for me to buy first? i checked out fushitsusha but alot of their records go for extortionate prices...
i already own the record he did with derek bailey, which is fucking amazing.
any ideas?

lost aaraaff

hat and beard 01.22.2007 06:21 PM

as much as i love fushitsusha - and i do indeed love fushitsusha - i'm beginning to think haino is most interesting without the noisy guitar freakouts and without accompaniment. the recent hurdy gurdy albums have been particularly excellent, as have the quieter guitar and vocal ones.

i agree it's difficult to recommend haino albums, but the one's on PSF tend to be more perfect than the others in my experience. Some personal favorites are watashi dake, affection, and nijiumu. More recently the collaboration with Sitar Tah!, both black blues albums, and revealed to none as yet... are high on my list of favorites.

hat and beard 01.22.2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compulsive diarrhea, jico

lost aaraaff

this is one of very few haino related albums i don't like much at all.