Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Ghost Of Pasolini Is A Mighty One (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2741)

!@#$%! 06.08.2006 06:33 PM

The Ghost Of Pasolini Is A Mighty One

i just wanted to say that. it's powerful enough to beat badongo's treacherous waters....

Salò!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

johnnywinternoshow 06.08.2006 06:49 PM

but can it beat

?

khchris 06.09.2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i just wanted to say that. it's powerful enough to beat badongo's treacherous waters....

Can't forget about Pasolini's La Strada!

amazing

next

toxic johnny 06.09.2006 02:38 AM

Pasolini said so.

nicfit 06.09.2006 02:51 AM

pasolini is one of the few italians that i'd love all foreigners to know,much more than ferrari,totti,etc.......

Tokolosh 06.09.2006 03:43 AM

Pasolini was brilliant!
Salo made an impact on my way of thinking about films in general.
His death remains a mystery.

In the official story of Pier Paolo Pasolini's death, the gay film maker was slain by Pino Pelosi, a 17-year-old hustler who went berserk when the director attacked him sexually. Mr. Pelosi confessed to the killing not long after he was caught driving Pasolini's Alfa Romeo, and the case became a national media circus.
During his trial, Pino the Frog, as he was nicknamed, became an Italian celebrity. The youth, who after bludgeoning Pasolini ran over the director in his own car, insisted he acted alone, although there was ample evidence to the contrary. Ultimately he was convicted and, though still a minor, sentenced to 9 1/2 years in prison.

Article by STEPHEN HOLDEN
Published: July 3, 1996

I'm personally convinced that it was a political assassination carried out by right-wing thugs that didn't approve of his film.

nicfit 06.09.2006 03:51 AM

i totally agree with tokolosh interpretation...
butt keeping johnnywinterSNOW funny "spirit" (ha ha) not to turn this thread in a too serius/sad one,here is one of the worst film ever,but still there's a reason to watch it...

pao-lino 06.09.2006 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khchris
Can't forget about Pasolini's La Strada!

amazing

next

la strada is fellini's...was it some kind of ironic, isnt'it? i hope so.

pasolini is my favourite.
teorema is excellent-both the novel and the movie.
on june 21st I'm going to partecipate to a """performance""" about africa (end-celebration of a photograph exibition of this: www.kumbaproject.org...) I'll be mixing some of his "spoken-thoughts" from
"appunti per un'orestiade"
the documentary he shot in africa few before he was killed

mygrandfather's brother met him once (he was a sort of playboy in the rome of the 50/60's...) and he has a small cameo in mamma roma (you can see him in the market while buying some vegetables just for one second :))
he said he was shy and fragile, very defensive but extremely generous and beloved by all the simple people that had small parts in his movies.
My "uncle" remembers that Citti was really his disceple/appendix, and actually there really was something morbid in their relation...

Lately I read"the smell of india", the journal of his travel in india in 196? with alberto moravia and dacia maraini (two other important literary personalities of the time) and this small book is astonishing.
he analyses indian through bourgeois values, and this is weird: there's not really a sense and reaserch for adventure since he's always accompained by drivers, he sleeps in wonderful hotels etc., but once again he shows the human crisis between this bourgeois cage (his travel friends:moravia appears as a lazy tourist, maraini as a superficial emancipated woman of class) and the sacrality of the poor, slow, apparentely happy life of hindus.
ambigous is pasolini's friendships with some kids of the street, but is in ballance with his usual search for a completeness of senses and its aesthetic ecstasy...
he also meets mother terese from calcutta!!
check it out!

[see my signature below!]