Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Post your art threads demands a separate category(sign the petition) (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=148)

Pedro Micho 03.22.2006 06:19 PM

Post your art threads demands a separate category(sign the petition)

Hey everyone!
Who thinks that Post your art or die threads deserve a separate category in the new SY forums? I do. To make it reality, write a Pm to chabib(the admin) with this message:

"Please, make the Post your art a separate category in the new forums. I want it like that (your name)"

c'mon, let's make it true. The thread has been going on for several years now and it's really popular.

!@#$%! 03.22.2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro Micho
Hey everyone!
Who thinks that Post your art or die threads deserve a separate category in the new SY forums? I do. To make it reality, write a Pm to chabib(the admin) with this message:

"Please, make the Post your art a separate category in the new forums. I want it like that (your name)"

c'mon, let's make it true. The thread has been going on for several years now and it's really popular.

yo man, this is clutter. this does not relate to sonic youth. cool to post it on

a) the sticky thread re: the forum
b) the 4th sonic/non-sonic whatever name section is.

also, my thoughts: it's cool to have a sticky art thread (not here), but a whole section? no way man. if anything, probably the sonic gossip + sonic shares could be fused into 1 thing. less being more, etc.

stirling 03.22.2006 06:27 PM

What's wrong with it? Why do you ever need a new PYAOD thread?

Just keep it sticky forever and keep adding to it - the perpetual post yr art thread.

chabib 03.22.2006 06:28 PM

a whole section? are you joking? it's one thread. i stickied it. that's good in my book. sorry, it's not getting its own forum.

HaydenAsche 03.22.2006 06:30 PM

Chabib, you may think the idea's pretty farfetched but in about 2 days there will be 894 pages on the Post Yr Art thread.

I understand though.

Pedro Micho 03.22.2006 06:32 PM

ok thank you chabib & all you guys for your opinions
AND NOW LET"S HEAR IT FROM THE REAL FANS OF Post your ART thread
how do you make polls here?

chabib 03.22.2006 06:33 PM

that's fine. we have paginated quick links now. people can flip thru it or create new volumes of the thread after every 50 pages or something. it's not forum-fodder though.

chabib 03.22.2006 06:34 PM

cry all you want. i make the forums and i'm not making any more of them.

HaydenAsche 03.22.2006 06:34 PM

Yeah. The next page shit on the old forum was exhausting.

!@#$%! 03.22.2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
cry all you want. i make the forums and i'm not making any more of them.

ouch!

:D

Pedro Micho 03.22.2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
people can flip thru it or create new volumes of the thread after every 50 pages or something. it's not forum-fodder though.

that means it is not even sticky! as soon as it reaches 50 pages which will be in a few days we'll have to start a new thread which will be the unsticky one, right? I feel very disappointed.

chabib 03.22.2006 06:54 PM

so what? this is a sonic youth forum. on the old board it was multiple threads. why should that change now? at the first post of each new volume, you can post a link to the older un-stickied volumes. not too tough...

HaydenAsche 03.22.2006 06:57 PM

Just be thankful that this forum isn't run by fullerene.

next step 03.22.2006 07:15 PM

heu guys I understood what you say but I would say to dont forget that chris habib has done and he is still doing a great work on this new space full of many useful things. then all the rest pertain to everyone....

Inhuman 02.06.2007 09:00 AM

We've gone well enough with the post yr art thread. It would be neat if it was user based in it's own section though