Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   RIP Nipsey Hussle (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=119035)

Severian 03.31.2019 08:53 PM

RIP Nipsey Hussle

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna989371

:(

For real? Fuck.

louder 04.01.2019 05:05 AM

Hard to believe. :(

tesla69 04.01.2019 04:46 PM

hard to give a shit

louder 04.01.2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
hard to give a shit

Yet you went out of your way to post a reply.. yes, you do give a shit.

The Gazpacho Gestapo 04.01.2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

hard to give a shit

you hą̨̛͚̤͈̝̜̭̗̖͈̬͓̣̓̔̂̂̋̊̑̊̎͐̄͘̚͠ͅv̦͙̓̀̑͂̈́͆̃͑̓̿͌̿̚͘͡ ̟͇̦̯̩̗͍̼̲̮̪͟ͅè̡̛̫̲͈̱̲͎̟̥͍̱͈̼̫̋͌̍́̋͐̆͒̂̓́͂͟͡ ̨̧̧͉̥̪̝̗͕̥̞̥̜͙͋̀̃̌̊͂̓͆́̈̍̏́͘͢͞ț̢̛̞̤̑̃̏̓̿̾̄͛̽̀͛̉̚͞ ̨̯̹̣̺̼͇͓̦̬ͅḩ̧̯̯̥̰̺͉͖̩̭͔̀̂͆̃͛̒̄̅̍̽̍͂̀̚͟͟͢͝ë́͆̂̋͌̀̕ ̨̛̬͕̻̘̫͍̥͈͔͖̻̳̖̋̾̐̿̍͟͡͝ ̢̡̥͔̣͈̗̞̬̣̯̟̯̣͊̋̍͐̀̃͂̾̆̆͑̋̉̍̕͜ẹ̞̝̥͌́́̏̾͑͆̉̑͑͛̒͡͞͠ ͓͙̫̩̪͖̘̝̦͍̮l̬̱̪̻͇̤͎̗͇̬͙̰̭̓̊̀̃͆̿̀͂̐͐̎͐͋̚͜͟͡e̓̽͛̅͗̽͘ ̧̠̠͍̦̼̜͙̰͕̠̗͇͇̐͊̊̂̈́͘͘͟͝g͍͖͙̜̜͇̘̼̪̺͔̎̀̊̋̔́́̍̀͑̄̉͒̈́̏ ̡͓͈͟å̧̨̡̹͚̲͈͍̞͇̖̯̺͙̓̊͆̿͌̓̾̋̈́̚͘͢͠͡͞n̛̈̈̆̑͛̾͊̉̅͐͡͠͞ ̨̢̢̡̝͈̫͍̪̙̗̦̞̮̠̏t̨̢̧̢̛̙̗̮͉͙̳̪͇̓̅͒̎̇̑̄́͐̉̈́̅̈́͟͜͝ ̭ ͎̫̩̺͉̹̠̭̳̪͍̳͚̄̏̔̉̒̑̋͊̒͗͒̍̄̆̋͜͜ç͎̰̬̅͌̃̑̐̐̀͑̅̅̇̎̆͌͘ ̡̰̝̞̱̹̘̻̥͟ͅh̨̰̰̟͕̯͚͎̪͍̭̞̜͈̐͗͊̑̀̓͗̆̉͒̍̑͒̇̕͜a͆̌̾̍͒̆̀ ̧̨͎̣̮̲͉̩̝͈̟̖͔͕̺̿̄͗͊̃̀͐͡rm̧̧̡̮̬̗̭̮̘͖͐̽̉̆̍̅̋̒͌̇͌͡͝͝͡ ̬̠̰̠͓ ̢̢̧̛͉̻̻͖̭͎͔͔̺̱̙̀́̈̔͊͌͛̋́̿͛͑͒͜͡ơ͙̬͓̰͆̓̄̒͋̌̐͛̋͛̏͛̕͝ ̨̢̜̼͎̭͓̱̜̮͢f͖͙̬͖̮͇̯̱̜̮͒͂͆̅̆̔̃͐̔̃͋͘̕̕͜͢͟͡ͅͅ ̡̢̢̬̲̳̻̪̠͔̪͍͆͛̿͌͂̌̃̍̉̽̂̌͊̈́͘͜͢͟á̖͍͉̼̈͋̔͒͒̐͒̊̑̊͑͘͡͡ ͎̪͉̯͖̰̮̺̯̙͟n̡̟͖͉̖͖̰͕̼̝̯͙̦͔̋̀̎̏͆̍͑̆͐́͋̂͋̐͢͡ ̜̠̣̫̯͉͓̭̤͙̖̪̣̉̾͆͐̓͌̒̆͌́͒̐͘͟͞͡ͅi̗͈̞̔́̍́͊̏͆̉̎̎̆̋̀̿̕͢ ̨̡̰͉̲̠̻͖̥̩͜ń̢̧̮̙̮̞͈̲̦͇̥͎̭̞́̔̀̾̃̔̓̐̂̓͋͠͡͠ͅġ͒͋́͛̆͡ ̢̙͈̭̬͕̱̝̠̼͕̦̟̯̦͆̋̃͂̄̄̇̌r̯̤̣͙̗͎͔̞̫̯̍̈́̿̐̋́͛̊̐̌̿̃̽͐̃͟ ̯͇̺͢o̯͚͇̗̯̳̩̫̟̣̥̻͖̰̙̐̒̒̓̅͐̎͗̋͂̓̒̀̀͡w͌͌̍̿͑̎͋̐̾̉̉̃̚͝ ̡̢͍̠̹͕̪͇̖̻̝̟̬̥̇͢n̢̪̣̞͚͍̳͓̹̯̺̰̱̺̓͐̂͒̎̌͆́͐͊̆͑̿̓̌ ̝ ̢̯̺̗̟̠̻̜̘̩̥̤̖̥̱͆̑͌̑̓̐̈́̐́͒̈́͋̆͠͝t͎̰̱̟̔̈̇̍͗̈̇̀̆̽̔̀̏̕͞ ̧͇̟̝̳͈̲͖͇͟ͅờ͚͇̬͍̠͎͎̗͙̥̮̬̝̰͓͂͆͊̆̈́̅̊̂̽͒͋͘͡e̅̓̄̊̕͞͡ ̧̨̱̤̖͍̟̩͕̻̰̬̝͖̝̉̈̌͂̾̅͑̒na̬̱̳̼͎͖̺͍͙̺̅́͗̓̈̽̔̂̓̋͑͐̍͘͡ ͖̖̥̥͟į̛̯͕̼̭͉̻̗̝̩̭̝̹͕͛́̋̅̾̏̆̂͋̈́̓̈̾͟͝l̆͒́̈́̃̉͊̊̂̀̿͘͞ ̱̲̮̖̝̥̝̰͇̞̭͖̞̭̂͡ͅ

Severian 04.02.2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gazpacho Gestapo
you hą̨̛͚̤͈̝̜̭̗̖͈̬͓̣̓̔̂̂̋̊̑̊̎͐̄͘̚͠ͅv̦͙̟͇̦̯̩̗͍̼̲̮̪̓̀̑͂̈ ́͆̃͑̓̿͌̿̚͘͟͡ͅè̡̛̫̲͈̱̲͎̟̥͍̱͈̼̫̋͌̍́̋͐̆͒̂̓́͂͟͡ ̨̧̧͉̥̪̝̗͕̥̞̥̜͙͋̀̃̌̊͂̓͆́̈̍̏́͘͢͞ț̢̨̛̞̤̯̹̣̺̼͇͓̦̬̑̃̏̓̿ ̾̄͛̽̀͛̉̚͞ͅḩ̧̯̯̥̰̺͉͖̩̭͔̀̂͆̃͛̒̄̅̍̽̍͂̀̚͟͟͢͝ę̛̬͕̻̘̫͍̥͈ ͔͖̻̳̖̈́͆̂̋͌̀̋̾̐̿̍̕͟͡͝ ̢̡̥͔̣͈̗̞̬̣̯̟̯̣͊̋̍͐̀̃͂̾̆̆͑̋̉̍̕͜ẹ̞̝̥͓͙̫̩̪͖̘̝̦͍̮͌́́̏̾ ͑͆̉̑͑͛̒͡͞͠l̬̱̪̻͇̤͎̗͇̬͙̰̭̓̊̀̃͆̿̀͂̐͐̎͐͋̚͜͟͡ȩ̠̠͍̦̼̜͙̰ ͕̠̗͇͇̓̽͛̅͗̽̐͊̊̂̈́͘͘͘͟͝g̡͍͖͙̜̜͇̘̼̪̺͔͓͈̎̀̊̋̔́́̍̀͑̄̉͒ ̈́̏͟å̧̨̡̹͚̲͈͍̞͇̖̯̺͙̓̊͆̿͌̓̾̋̈́̚͘͢͠͡͞n̨̢̢̡̛̝͈̫͍̪̙̗̦̞ ̮̠̈̈̆̑͛̾͊̉̅͐̏͡͠͞t̨̢̧̢̛̙̗̮͉͙̳̪͇̭̓̅͒̎̇̑̄́͐̉̈́̅̈́ ͟͜͝ ͎̫̩̺͉̹̠̭̳̪͍̳͚̄̏̔̉̒̑̋͊̒͗͒̍̄̆̋͜͜ç̡͎̰̬̰̝̞̱̹̘̻̥̅͌̃̑̐̐̀ ͑̅̅̇̎̆͌͘͟ͅh̨̰̰̟͕̯͚͎̪͍̭̞̜͈̐͗͊̑̀̓͗̆̉͒̍̑͒̇̕͜a̧̨͎̣̮̲͉̩ ̝͈̟̖͔͕̺͆̌̾̍͒̆̀̿̄͗͊̃̀͐͡rm̧̧̡̮̬̗̭̮̘͖̬̠̰̠͓͐̽̉̆̍̅̋̒͌̇͌ ͡͝͝͡ ̢̢̧̛͉̻̻͖̭͎͔͔̺̱̙̀́̈̔͊͌͛̋́̿͛͑͒͜͡ǫ̢̛͙̬͓̰̜̼͎̭͓̱̜̮͆̓̄̒͋ ̌̐͛̋͛̏͛̕͢͝f͖͙̬͖̮͇̯̱̜̮͒͂͆̅̆̔̃͐̔̃͋͘̕̕͜͢͟͡ͅͅ ̡̢̢̬̲̳̻̪̠͔̪͍͆͛̿͌͂̌̃̍̉̽̂̌͊̈́͘͜͢͟á̖͍͉̼͎̪͉̯͖̰̮̺̯̙̈͋̔͒ ͒̐͒̊̑̊͑͘͟͡͡n̡̟͖͉̖͖̰͕̼̝̯͙̦͔̋̀̎̏͆̍͑̆͐́͋̂͋̐͢͡ ̜̠̣̫̯͉͓̭̤͙̖̪̣̉̾͆͐̓͌̒̆͌́͒̐͘͟͞͡ͅį̡̗͈̞̰͉̲̠̻͖̥̩̔́̍́͊̏͆ ̉̎̎̆̋̀̿̕͢͜ń̢̧̮̙̮̞͈̲̦͇̥͎̭̞́̔̀̾̃̔̓̐̂̓͋͠͡͠ͅġ̢̙͈̭̬͕̱̝̠ ̼͕̦̟̯̦͒͋́͛̆͆̋̃͂̄̄̇̌͡r̯̤̣͙̗͎͔̞̫̯̯͇̺̍̈́̿̐̋́͛̊̐̌̿̃̽͐̃ ͟͢o̯͚͇̗̯̳̩̫̟̣̥̻͖̰̙̐̒̒̓̅͐̎͗̋͂̓̒̀̀͡w̡̢͍̠̹͕̪͇̖̻̝̟̬̥͌͌ ̍̿͑̎͋̐̾̉̉̃̇̚͢͝n̢̪̣̞͚͍̳͓̹̯̺̰̱̺̝̓͐̂͒̎̌͆́͐͊̆͑̿̓̌ ̢̯̺̗̟̠̻̜̘̩̥̤̖̥̱͆̑͌̑̓̐̈́̐́͒̈́͋̆͠͝ţ͎̰̱̟͇̟̝̳͈̲͖͇̔̈̇̍͗ ̈̇̀̆̽̔̀̏̕͟͞ͅờ͚͇̬͍̠͎͎̗͙̥̮̬̝̰͓͂͆͊̆̈́̅̊̂̽͒͋͘͡ȩ̨̱̤̖͍̟̩ ͕̻̰̬̝͖̝̅̓̄̊̉̈̌͂̾̅͑̒̕͞͡na̬̱̳̼͎͖̺͍͙̺͖̖̥̥̅́͗̓̈̽̔̂̓̋͑͐ ̍͘͟͡į̛̯͕̼̭͉̻̗̝̩̭̝̹͕͛́̋̅̾̏̆̂͋̈́̓̈̾͟͝ḻ̲̮̖̝̥̝̰͇̞̭͖̞̭̆ ͒́̈́̃̉͊̊̂̀̿̂͘͞͡ͅ

Wow, how’d this happen?

Severian 04.02.2019 07:38 AM

I’m actually not a huge Nipsey Hussle fan. I have a couple of albums he contributed to, like that great project “We The Plug” in 2014 (which I hyped here on this forum, btw) and a few other collaborative things... but I felt that his breakthrough 2018 release, “Victory Lap,” was a bit too, ah, basic for all the recognition it got. (Also his flow on that thing reminds me of Drake on “Tuscan Leather” — “Ima end every line with n***a, n***a/Ima do it in the next song too, n***a — and I hate Drake, especially “Tuscan Leather.”

But even as an appreciator and not a fan, I’m sad that the man died. Sad that rappers are still being gunned down in 2019 like we didn’t learn shit from the ‘90s. Sad that the man was just starting to take off commercially, and this shit had to happen.

tesla69 04.02.2019 04:33 PM

Don't you need to be busy protesting Thomas Jefferson statues and embracing the totalitarian cashless society?

Derek 04.02.2019 07:59 PM

Those brainworms sure are acting up today eh tesla

Bytor Peltor 04.03.2019 06:30 AM

I just walked into the kitchen at work and the cook is listening to the Tom Joyner radio show. Tom has on a guest floating the idea that our Government killed Nipsey......is this really a thing?

Derek 04.03.2019 06:59 AM

Sounds like conspiracy nonsense. The murderer was someone Nipsey knew, it was clearly a personal beef.

!@#$%! 04.03.2019 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Wow, how’d this happen?

troll broke the ancient html layout table

i don't mean that shitbird tesla-- i mean the funny troll

(the characters seems to come in before/after each letter of
"you have the elegant charm of an ingrown toenail")

i dont know why it displays that way (yet)

--

actually it's not just the html layout. seems to break a text file too ha ha ha.

Severian 04.03.2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Don't you need to be busy protesting Thomas Jefferson statues and embracing the totalitarian cashless society?

Who are you even talking to? None of those things are from my threads. Are you confused? Of course you are.

Severian 04.03.2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I just walked into the kitchen at work and the cook is listening to the Tom Joyner radio show. Tom has on a guest floating the idea that our Government killed Nipsey......is this really a thing?

It might be a thing in the sense that the government has most definitely been behind people’s deaths before, but I am strongly disinclined to think the U.S. government gives 1/8 of a turd about a lesser known rapper with no clearly defined political beliefs. So... no.

Derek 04.03.2019 08:09 AM

They already caught the suspect. It was a gang member but not gang-related. The guy had a short conversation like they knew each other before shooting him as he walked away, the other people there also knew him. No need to bring governmental conspiracies into it (though police departments like the LAPD and the NYPD totally have secret hip hop police).

tesla69 04.03.2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
It was a gang member but not gang-related.

that's what they corporate media and police say, so it must be true!

That tear drop tat is pride of being a murderer.

Here's an example of what Severin defends as important culture:

Look, my nigga this is dedication
This is anti and temptation
This a real nigga celebration
This a don blonde declaration
Fifty-Ninth and Fifth Ave, granny house with vanilla wafers
This the remedy, the seperation
2Pac of my generation
Blue pill in the fuckin' Matrix
Red rose in the gray pavement

choc e-Claire 04.03.2019 05:26 PM

On the one hand, Tesla, I agree with you: rap/hip-hop is kinda shit. (It's not my style, don't hurt me Sev)

On the other hand, what kinda person looks at a murder and says 'good'? Unless it's a fascist or similar.

Bytor Peltor 04.04.2019 03:17 AM

I just asked a guy I work with if he knew anything about the Nipsey conspiracy and according to him......Nipsey was working on a documentary about Dr. Sebi. Evidently many think Dr. Sebi had the cure for AIDS and our Government had him killed in 2016. I don’t remember this at all???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
It might be a thing in the sense that the government has most definitely beenNi behind people’s deaths before, but I am strongly disinclined to think the U.S. government gives 1/8 of a turd about a lesser known rapper with no clearly defined political beliefs. So... no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
No need to bring governmental conspiracies into it (though police departments like the LAPD and the NYPD totally haffve secret hip hop police).

louder 04.05.2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
On the one hand, Tesla, I agree with you: rap/hip-hop is kinda shit. (It's not my style, don't hurt me Sev)

On the other hand, what kinda person looks at a murder and says 'good'? Unless it's a fascist or similar.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it "shit". You can just to say it's not your thing and move on. I'll never understand why people on this board always need to be so extra.

Severian 04.05.2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

Saying an entire genre is “shit” is hopefully the kind of bullshit one grows out of.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Like all genres, there’s plenty of shit, and some stuff that’s amazing in wholly unique and undeniable ways.

Hip-hop culture is responsible for a massive portion of the most interesting music of this decade, so while I’m not going to *hurt* you, I am definitely going to take the piss and urge you to educate yourself before spouting off like that.

Try listening to...
good kid, mAAd city/To Pimp a Butterfly/DAMN. (Kendrick)
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy/Yeezus/The Life of Pablo (Kanye)
Nostalgia Ultra/Channel Orange/Blonde (Frank Ocean)
Black Messiah (D’Angelo)
Because the Internet/“Awaken, My Love,” (Childish Gambino)
Doris/I Don’t Like Shit I Don’t Go Outside/Some Rap Songs (Earl Sweatshirt)
Black Ben Carson/Veteran (JPEGMafia)
My Name is my Name/Darkest Before Dawn/Daytona (Pusha T)
Piñata (Freddie Gibbs & Madlib)
SATURATION I-III (Brockhampton)
Black America Again (Common)
We Got it from Here…Thank You 4 Your Service (A Tribe Called Quest)
Acid Rap/Coloring Book (Chance the Rapper)
Summertime ‘06/Prima Donna/Big Fish Theory/FM! (Vince Staples)
XXX/Old/Atrocity Exhibition (Danny Brown)
Telefone/Room 25 (Noname)
How I Got Over/Undun/…And Then You Shoot Your Cousin (the Roots)
Dark Comedy/Hella Personal Film Festival/Brick Body Kids Still Daydream (Open Mike Eagle)
So the Flies Don’t Come (Milo)
A Good Night in the Ghetto/Before I Wake (Kamaiyah)
Days Before Rodeo/Rodeo/Astroworld (Travis Scott)
4:44 (this guy named Jay-Z or something)

Etc., etc., etc.

... then get back to me and tell me about how “shit” hip-hop culture is.