Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How is your decade? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39424)

cagedbird 04.15.2010 01:05 PM

How is your decade?

decent start.

new shrink is a good man.

medicine is losing its grip on my head.

war from bush continues w/ obama.

economy ascending more than not.

neil hagerty is prolific.

so early.

good time to see the top of things, before they fly away.

what things will form?

the sun is keeping us up.

the sea keeps us alive.

sonic youth are still freaks.

new year's i saw j. lo perform at times square.

haitian earthquake.

haitian life. haitian death.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.15.2010 01:17 PM

Hopefully better than the last.

Why couldn't the 90's just last forever?

I'm tired of all this goodie-two-shoes, overly PC, tree hugging bullshit.

But then again, I was born the year punk broke. I'm most likely ignorant or something.

floatingslowly 04.15.2010 01:18 PM

do decades end in '09 or '10?

:confused:

(lol)

chicka 04.15.2010 01:36 PM

In my case I wish the 70's lasted forever. Love, Drugs and Rock and Roll. I was going through puberty in the 60's so there was a few years of utter confusion and not being old enough (according to my parents) yet to attend rock shows.

chicka 04.15.2010 01:43 PM

As for the last decade it was weird very busy. Got laid off from my career job, I got divorced, I was in and out of detoxes, halfway house, AA and NA meetings, several different jobs, several different relationships general with women younger than me. At the end of the decade I retired and took over care taking responsibilities for my parents. This coming decade I hope to remain clean, do some traveling, watch my children have children, fish, play a lot of golf and possibly a stable relationship with another woman or maybe even my ex, who knows

floatingslowly 04.15.2010 01:49 PM

I spent the last decade unconscious.

the sleeper has awakened.

pbradley 04.15.2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
do decades end in '09 or '10?

:confused:

(lol)

in before Rob tells you '11

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.15.2010 01:58 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.15.2010 02:00 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.15.2010 02:01 PM

Antagon 04.15.2010 02:05 PM

Winter was fucking insane; got a new phrase-synthesizer but no decent sound software; the name of my music project has been changed due similarities to the name of a bandmember in a pop-group prefered by 13 year old girls; there's this special girl...; got myself a new camera and it's fucking neat; haven't seen most folks of the local goth-scene since the end of october but how things are atm. I'm not planning to

Ultimately I feel a bit better than last year but I'm still not satisfied

Keeping It Simple 04.15.2010 02:07 PM

I'll let you know in 2019.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.15.2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicka
In my case I wish the 70's lasted forever. Love, Drugs and Rock and Roll..

Don't you know it's all about Hate, Drugs, and Nu-Metal?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.15.2010 02:12 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.15.2010 02:26 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.15.2010 02:30 PM

GeneticKiss 04.15.2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Your Windows betray you. XP wasn't released until 2001.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.15.2010 06:02 PM

Shhhhh.....

SYRFox 04.15.2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

this brought on great memories. i remember first using the internet in 2001, it's awesome.
Funny to notice how our visions of the future radically change as time flies by. When I was 9 this was what future looked like for me:

I know, irrelevant.
So back to thread, I'd say my decade has been okay so far. Lots of work because of the hypokhâgne, but then again I chosed those studies, and what I'm studying is interesting. I must say I'm pretty depressed these days though.
I met TheFoxBen twice ahah.
Musically wise, I saw many great bands live, some of which I dreamed to see; bands I've seen live this decade so far: 65daysofstatic, Mulatu Astatke & The Heliocentrics, Autechre (twice!), Beak>, Clara Clara, dd/mm/yyyy, Deakin, Death By Horsecock, Didjit, Eagle Twin, L'Echelle De Mohs, Fuck Buttons, Girls, Rob Hall, Russell Haswell, Jackie-O Motherfucker, Jookabox, King Midas Sound, Lepolair, Lichens, Mount Eerie, Nosaj Thing, Om, Optronic, Panda Bear, Le Prince Miiaou, Le Principe D'Inconstance, Sunn O))), Three Trapped Tigers, Tomàn, Why?, Josiah Wolf

Bands I might see in the coming months: Arrested Development, The Art Of Skinlessness, Atari Teenage Riot, Berline 0.33, Binary Audio Misfits, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, DJ Berlin, Dleek, Drive With A Dead Girl, Dun, Ed Wood Jr., Fool's Gold, Frustration, Gablé, Green Vaughan, The Hundred In The Hands, Il!, Iswhat?!, Konono N°1, Lazer Crystal, Luna Lost, Marvin, Mayer Hawthorne, Mi Ami, Mr Day, Myciia, Nomeansno, The Pack A.D., Polvo, Programme, RJD2, Sensational & Spectre, Shiko Shiko, Sparrow & The Workshop, These Are Powers, Trans AM, two left ears, Wire, Xiu Xiu
I might go to Dour Festival as well, and the line up is shaping to be pretty great: http://www.dourfestival.be/en/lineup/
I've got really into dubstep/wonky as well. And I've been able to buy some more gear (that awesome Novation Launchpad), which currently allows me to improve my own music.

For various reasons it's not THAT good though. But hey. If I were Pitchfork I'd give this decade a 7.1 so far.

phoenix 04.15.2010 08:10 PM

long and complex. Next one will be eric, i'd think.