Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Skuj 04.04.2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
The Mattheüs Passions? :D

Er...like, Bach?

The Soup Nazi 04.04.2021 09:39 PM

Brian Case - Practice Tape

Probably his best solo release yet. Or the most enjoyable to me, which is the same. :D Don't ask me what's up with the Cybil Shepherd obsession (tracklist: "C.S." | "Becoming Cybil" | "Cybil Says").

guest 04.05.2021 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
slavooooooooooo! you must hear this...

caterina barbieri - fantas variations

the jay mitta and kali malone ones in particular, real good

Antagon 04.05.2021 08:45 AM

_tunic_ 04.05.2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

wow, I love that artwork. If I had any money I would buy it on vinyl for that reason alone. I'll add it to my wishlist, and perhaps in the meantime will listen to it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
Er...like, Bach?

I should use the Quote option more often. I was reacting on what Antagon posted, The Passions.
Anyways, back in the days my mom would consistently listen to the Mattheus Passion and the likes around Easter each year, and no matter how hard I tried, I never gotten to appreciate it.

Antagon 04.05.2021 03:05 PM

Antagon 04.06.2021 04:23 PM

Lightning Bug - Floaters

!@#$%! 04.06.2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest
the jay mitta and kali malone ones in particular, real good

a little bit mind blowing for me, yeah

Antagon 04.06.2021 04:58 PM

4 songs into the Lightning Bug album and FUCK, this is good. Juicy, warm dream pop for the soul. Love it.

_tunic_ 04.07.2021 06:54 AM

Quote:

I just listened to this, I liked Kali Malone, Walter Zanetti and Kara​-​Lis Coverdale. My least favourite was Jay Mitta, in fact I skipped it after like 10 seconds :eek:
Interestingly Kali Malone's track was recorded in Amsterdam at a former church called the Orgelpark. Never heard of that place, but will keep an eye on it for the future whenever concerts are happening again.

She has her own bandcamp, which I'll be checking out next. But first I'll listen to some Claire M Singer, because it reminds me of her. And I love love this composition: The Molendinar
(I'm actually listening to this live video of it)

Severian 04.07.2021 07:39 AM

Quote:

Great stuff

_slavo_ 04.07.2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

thanks for recommendation! just starting to play this.

_slavo_ 04.07.2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

I just listened to this, I liked Kali Malone, Walter Zanetti and Kara​-​Lis Coverdale. My least favourite was Jay Mitta, in fact I skipped it after like 10 seconds :eek:
Interestingly Kali Malone's track was recorded in Amsterdam at a former church called the Orgelpark. Never heard of that place, but will keep an eye on it for the future whenever concerts are happening again.

Kali Malone is awesome. Pretty hot too.

_slavo_ 04.07.2021 12:05 PM

Glifted - Under and In

better than fucking Loveless if you ask me. Heavy shoegaze/psychedelia going totally bonkers. Legendary album.

!@#$%! 04.07.2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
thanks for recommendation! just starting to play this.

hah! you recommended her to us originally. this is all your fault! :D

Antagon 04.07.2021 07:31 PM

Earlier:

Gas - Königsforst

guest 04.07.2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

yeah mitta's tracks are a lot, maybe an acquired taste, but love the cumulative effect of it, headspin ad infinitum. kali's really special too, check her last record on ideal or the one before it on hallow ground (less minimal). she was also in a mope-pop band called swap babies who weren't bad either.

guest 04.07.2021 08:28 PM

tori kudo / kayo makino - ein traum fur dich

becoming one of my favourite records in recent memory. grotesque aural spirals that make little to zero sense whatsoever.

The Soup Nazi 04.07.2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

I just listened to this, I liked Kali Malone, Walter Zanetti and Kara​-​Lis Coverdale.

Wait, K-​LC is on the album? You mooks should have told me!

_slavo_ 04.08.2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
Earlier:

Gas - Königsforst

this is the album which I always listen to when jogging outside. the steady thumping rythm is just what I need for my slow-ass running style