Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What is the one thing you hate someone to say to you? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38306)

artsygrrl 02.27.2010 08:59 PM

What is the one thing you hate someone to say to you?

I hear this all the time: "Oh, you're a teacher! Your job is so easy, summers off and all."

...if they knew the fukkin HALF of it...:fuckyou:

SuperCreep 02.27.2010 09:02 PM

i HATE that! and i'm only still studying to be a teacher!

jon boy 02.27.2010 09:29 PM

'cheer up it may never happen' if anyone says that they deserve death.

floatingslowly 02.27.2010 10:11 PM

"hello"

Dead-Air 02.27.2010 10:20 PM

"Have a good one." The most insincere and generic statement ever devised.

cagedbird 02.27.2010 10:22 PM

i don't like when my mom asks me to bring her something. and my dad says portugal like portical. kind of annoying.

Skuj 02.27.2010 10:41 PM

"Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?"

What am I, a fucking mind reader?

phoenix 02.28.2010 12:07 AM

lol one thing.

pbradley 02.28.2010 12:10 AM

"What are you going to do with your life?"

Whatever life is going to do with me.

Inhuman 02.28.2010 01:26 AM

"We were designed to eat meat" (usually bringing up the usual canine teeth crap)

greedrex 02.28.2010 04:15 AM

"Thank you" after sex. Inappropriate. She can't help it.

knox 02.28.2010 06:35 AM

Your nose is bleeding.

Glice 02.28.2010 06:53 AM

I hate it when teachers try and act like I ought to GIVE A FUCK about how difficult their fucking lives are when they get roughly a million years off.

As a student, I have nothing but sympathy for the people who assume I'm doing fuck all/ drinking/ having inappropriate sex. Although it's not true (I do work quite hard) I can think of nothing worse than turning into the archetypal whinging teacher.

'My bad' makes me cringe.

knox 02.28.2010 07:15 AM

I know teaching isn't easy, but summers off really help.

Also all the drinking and inappropriate sex, with students.

Keeping It Simple 02.28.2010 08:11 AM

Teachers are lazy bastards. If they had their way they'd have 364 days off a year.

artsygrrl 02.28.2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I hate it when teachers try and act like I ought to GIVE A FUCK about how difficult their fucking lives are when they get roughly a million years off.

As a student, I have nothing but sympathy for the people who assume I'm doing fuck all/ drinking/ having inappropriate sex. Although it's not true (I do work quite hard) I can think of nothing worse than turning into the archetypal whinging teacher.

'My bad' makes me cringe.

For all you assholes who think teaching (or any OTHER job you HAVEN'T TRIED) is easy...
FUCK OFF
You're a know-nothing colostomy bag.

artsygrrl 02.28.2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Teachers are lazy bastards. If they had their way they'd have 364 days off a year.

...LIKE HELL I WOULD.
I'd spend those 365 days flunking your ass so you'd be with me forever.

Glice 02.28.2010 08:55 AM

It's not that we think it's easy. That's not the point. Teaching is clearly more difficult than most jobs. I used to go out with a teacher. It's the whinging. We know that you have it hard. The reason people take the piss is because, more than any other profession, teachers are most likely to have the 'god I'm hard done by' attitude that the whole world should bow down and deify each and every teacher for choosing a profession that's difficult. By contrast, I've never known a nurse, docker, oil-rigger, taxi driver, surgeon or doctor (all professions I have friends in) complain about the long, difficult hours.

artsygrrl 02.28.2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
It's not that we think it's easy. That's not the point. Teaching is clearly more difficult than most jobs. I used to go out with a teacher. It's the whinging. We know that you have it hard. The reason people take the piss is because, more than any other profession, teachers are most likely to have the 'god I'm hard done by' attitude that the whole world should bow down and deify each and every teacher for choosing a profession that's difficult. By contrast, I've never known a nurse, docker, oil-rigger, taxi driver, surgeon or doctor (all professions I have friends in) complain about the long, difficult hours.

Oh, I see yr point now and apologize.
I have found when ppl get together---for a drink, to shoot the shit, ---it usually ends up a bitchfest about how hard their jobs are. We all know where we're comin from. And we can all relate.
You are English, right? Your friends that don't complain are really cool. In America, everyone I know has at one time or another has complained about their jobs. The only ppl I don't know are the very rich.

Glice 02.28.2010 09:18 AM

I think everyone's pretty resigned to the fact that the overwhelming majority of jobs are shit. I tend to come down harder on teachers because they're usually doing something ostensibly more rewarding than any job I've done. Having said that, I think the self-hating teachers are pretty endemic in the UK. Certainly in the comprehensive sector.

I think everyone whinges about their job, but I think people are less likely to make an evening of it. I can actually think of nothing duller than an evening of listening to Americans complaining about their jobs.