Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Suchfiends, do you now this gang sign? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=112002)

!@#$%! 06.29.2015 05:37 PM

Suchfiends, do you now this gang sign?

I'm curious (if it's even a gang thing)

[IMG][/IMG]

the internet is no fucking help. bunch of cops and moms worried about their teens. they all repeat the same limited repertoire. waste of google-hours.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.29.2015 07:15 PM

Not any ive seen before, what is the context here? Where are we seeing these hand signs?

!@#$%! 06.29.2015 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Not any ive seen before, what is the context here? Where are we seeing these hand signs?

it's a dead new mexican--i didn't know the guy or anything. just a curious photo.

lots of gangs in this state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk

haaa haaa haaaa haaaa

yeah the gesture is like an inverted vulcan sign

it probably means "die soon (finger pointed down) and don't prosper"

no i really don't know of course.

one is the "i gotta poop yo" from the poster, i think?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.30.2015 12:06 AM

My bad yo, I only speak LA gang signs and graffiti. Googling on the Latin Kings revealed some hand signs that are similar but not definitive. We ain't got no Latin Kings in LA, they in New Mexico?

gmku 06.30.2015 08:13 AM

Means, "Buy one, get two! Hurry, while supplies last." The guy works at a taco stand.

gmku 06.30.2015 08:15 AM

Or "(right hand) See your limp dick down there? Mine is twice as big! (left hand)" Or "Most dudes, they got one dick. My crew here, they got two!"

!@#$%! 06.30.2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

My bad yo, I only speak LA gang signs and graffiti. Googling on the Latin Kings revealed some hand signs that are similar but not definitive. We ain't got no Latin Kings in LA, they in New Mexico?

i found out albuquerque has twice the per-capita rate of gangbangers than big cities, so... they got everything...

http://www.stopabqgangs.org/default....menugroup=Home

and that's just albuquerque

gmku 06.30.2015 10:45 AM

They don't even look that tough. They look like GAP employees.

!@#$%! 06.30.2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
They don't even look that tough. They look like GAP employees.

i think the middle is the wannabe and the two others are just 2 scared teenagers going to prom or something

(the middle is the dead one anyway)

gmku 06.30.2015 11:11 AM

Yeah. Maybe that's what the hand signal means. "We're going to prom, yo."

gmku 06.30.2015 12:51 PM

Hartford, CT? Where all the gang members have names like Muffy and Bif and wear pink polo shirts and white khakis?

In all seriousness, I'm surprised to hear about gangs still around today. They're such an '80s thang.

gmku 06.30.2015 01:39 PM

I wonder what the average life expectancy is for the gangsta? And how do most die? Obviously, a violent death, but at whose hands? Mostly at the hands of other gangstas, or the cops?

!@#$%! 06.30.2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

I wonder what the average life expectancy is for the gangsta? And how do most die? Obviously, a violent death, but at whose hands? Mostly at the hands of other gangstas, or the cops?

tat-acquired hepatitis

gmku 06.30.2015 02:09 PM

:)

Yeh, that does make me wonder. I know everyone says tats are safe and all, but there just feels something toxic about them, to me.

!@#$%! 06.30.2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
!@#$%!:

Re: Your title for this thread:

"Suchfiends, do you now this gang sign?"

How do you know he doesn't then that gang sign?

:D

i often type with my fat thumbs

though "fiends" was intentional

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.30.2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

There are three major career paths. The first is to be killed in gang related shit, the second is to become institutionalized and spend most of life in prison where the social skills of gang life prove the most successful, and the third but most rare option is to live off your female relatives once you more or less stop gangbanging. Still there are a few dudes who end up getting legit jobs and families and moving on in life but that is like less than 5%...

The majority spend most time in prison because again that is where the lifeskills of being gangs offer the most practical success.

!@#$%! 06.30.2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

There are three major career paths. The first is to be killed in gang related shit, the second is to become institutionalized and spend most of life in prison where the social skills of gang life prove the most successful, and the third but most rare option is to live off your female relatives once you more or less stop gangbanging. Still there are a few dudes who end up getting legit jobs and families and moving on in life but that is like less than 5%...

The majority spend most time in prison because again that is where the lifeskills of being gangs offer the most practical success.

daaang. that's awful.

and thanks for replying to the thread. this guy is from an area where i was thinking of... buying a piece of land ha ha ha

mmm... ain't happening

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.30.2015 06:42 PM

It is awful. Ive spent most of my life around gang shit, its just part of culture that people are dead, locked up, orliving with their sister. You get used to it, its part of life like asking how is the family? You gonna hear about somebody's kid just got married, another graduated from school and had a baby, somebody's dad is sick, and oh yeah, somebody's son or brother eithet just got killed, locked up, or out and are living with their grandma or sister. Is what it is..

Sometimes it really sucks when you sit down and reflect on so much pain and chaos but then again life is what it is and only God can change people so the godly wisdom of our grandparents is to accept people for who they are and try not to worry about them. In time you realize we didn't lose them, they're just different

gmku 06.30.2015 08:19 PM

I wouldn't put up with it. I would cut out anybody from my family even remotely connected or related to gang members or gang activity.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.30.2015 08:27 PM

Its easy to say when only rhetorical. And hey, there is a reason dudes are living with their sister instead of say their parents. However family is complicated and nothing is cut and dry.. everything is situational.