Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   how often do you clean yr house? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38200)

Rob Instigator 02.19.2010 04:07 PM

I once had a colony of ladybugs (hundreds and hundreds of them) crawling out of a space next to my bedroom window. fucking CRAZY

pbradley 02.19.2010 04:20 PM

The idiom 'clean house' is so much superior to 'clean your house,' obnoxiously feigned beatnik 'yr' beside the point.

floatingslowly 02.19.2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
My house at its cleanest is dirtier than most people's at their worst.

We have a very small house which you would think means less cleaning and so a cleaner house. But all it means is that the mess is concentrated into a smaller area.

I hope that I didn't come off as being a clean-snob, I'm not.

if I didn't have company coming, I wouldn't clean more than once a week and if left to my own devices, who knows, maybe less.

because you see, my main man, I'm a feigned beatnik and I can groove to whatever you got goin' down, boss.

phoenix 02.20.2010 07:26 AM

"clean up so it isn't dirty" or, "make like semi new looking"?

I clean up.. As long as i'm not too tired.(sometimes it is just too late to start)

Actual cleaning say, once a week, or two if i've been busy.

I do have a habbit of rampage cleaning on days off if i'm the only one home(boredom), but i wouldn't take a day off to clean. Ever. I don't think...

phoenix 02.20.2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I'm crazy about chemicals and even use chrysanthemum-based bug sprays. the less chemicals I can spray around the house, the better.

Agree. I hot water most things and citrus clean the worst. Marble paste is also amazing. Deserves a new thread almost.

automatic bzooty 02.20.2010 09:12 AM

err

different parts of it pretty sporadically but fairly often

notyourfiend 02.20.2010 11:58 AM

I'm messy & it really bothers me. But I'm usually too lazy to take any action.

jon boy 02.20.2010 12:05 PM

i clean but i am not obsessive about it. its normally a case of , oh shit that really needs cleaning rather than pre-emptive measures.

EVOLghost 02.20.2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notyourfiend
I'm messy & it really bothers me. But I'm usually too lazy to take any action.

this

the original pincho 02.20.2010 06:45 PM

Seems like I am always cleaning my house.

knox 02.20.2010 06:47 PM

about the wednesday laundry thing

why dont you just buy more underwear?

floatingslowly 02.20.2010 06:52 PM

although I used to not have enough "work" pants, I do now and Wednesdays are reserved for all the shit that everybody else forgot to throw in the weekend loads (and maybe my hoodie).

other than a drain on my power bill, it's not all that inconvenient.

floatingslowly 02.20.2010 06:57 PM

I wanted to answer "it's hard to find seven matching pairs in tiger-stripes", but I wouldn't want anyone mistaking me as being into anything but solids.

knox 02.20.2010 06:58 PM

i wash all the time
everything has to be washed
all the time

artsygrrl 02.20.2010 07:41 PM

I'm extremely organized at work, but as far as housecleaning, my SO and I are pretty lax. Bathrooms are the exception! Laundry is always caught up as well.
When company is coming, the house gets reeaaally cleaned. Once they arrive, I don't care how messy it gets.
Otherwise, when the house is "picked up", I consider it clean.

Toilet & Bowels 02.20.2010 08:35 PM

it depends on the room how much i clean it. i don't like to see a single speck of dirt in the kitchen, and also the bathroom, but then i only clean my bedroom every few months

artsygrrl 02.21.2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
it depends on the room how much i clean it. i don't like to see a single speck of dirt in the kitchen, and also the bathroom, but then i only clean my bedroom every few months

Oh yeah, the kitchen. I HATE to come home from work to a dirty kitchen!