Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

noisereductions 02.08.2009 08:27 AM

shit's hard

al shabbray 02.08.2009 08:29 AM

oh hell yes
but its lotta fun

EVOLghost 02.08.2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I had it years ago. Should never have parted with it. I'd love to get it again. But yeah. I'm not gonna pay that much. PS: Was it "greatest hits" version? Collectors seem to care about that, so GH versions are cheaper than the old "black label".

The version I sold and bought again is the GH version. I only had the original when it came out. I've sold that game like 4 times and bought it like 5. Though, I've never seen the price really higher than like 30 bucks.

EVOLghost 02.08.2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
oh and i just started metal gear solid 4 and its fucking unreal...i had a nasty grin on the whole time...awesome game so far and incredibly imaginitive/innovative

Lol I got it on release and 17 hours 17 minutes and 17 seconds later I was done. btw my game time was spread out through 3 days. I love MGS4, but I really think it could've been better

chairman of the bored 02.08.2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Lol I got it on release and 17 hours 17 minutes and 17 seconds later I was done. btw my game time was spread out through 3 days. I love MGS4, but I really think it could've been better

yeah, ill see how i feel about it after completing it. im a couple hours in now and am still consistently amazed. 17 hours seems like a good amount of time for this game...im not too big a fan of neverending games.

Sonic Youth 37 02.08.2009 07:05 PM

Fuck yeah! Double Flawless + Fatality + Pit area=Reptile!

al shabbray 02.08.2009 07:08 PM

I miss my mortal combat 2 for the genesis. too bad that 11 of my rarest games are still at home of this guy Iv never seen after middle school, or whatever it is called everywhere

Sonic Youth 37 02.08.2009 07:09 PM

I played the shit out of MKII for the Game Gear. Only Game Gear game I was really good at.

al shabbray 02.08.2009 07:12 PM

it was available for game gear? I never knew.
I was the most dangerous MKII player who never ever blocked.
I dunno why, but Ive managed to master a fighting game without the use of blocking, hahaha
seems that I had a pretty aggressive style

Sonic Youth 37 02.08.2009 07:15 PM

Yeah, it seems to be a fairly solid port. Blood and all. I didn't have the full character line-up...I think about 8 characters total?
The weird/bad thing about Mortal Kombat for SNES is that, while the graphics are superior to the Genesis version, the Fatality is called "Finishing Move" and the blood is changed into gray sweat (wtf?) due to Nintendo's 'family friendly' policy at the time.

al shabbray 02.08.2009 07:23 PM

wft?
I can remember that a freind of mine back in the days when it was released got the snes version with all the blood and guts.

but it was the first game which reached the status "forbidden" in germany, long before something like an age rating was introduced.
I was one of the lucky guys who bought it at the release day

Sonic Youth 37 02.08.2009 07:30 PM

You can hack it with a Game Genie, but I don't have one. Maybe there's some button mash code too. Not sure.

al shabbray 02.08.2009 07:36 PM

I dunno why, but after talking bout MK I digged out this gem out of my closet:

simple and addictive

EVOLghost 02.08.2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
yeah, ill see how i feel about it after completing it. im a couple hours in now and am still consistently amazed. 17 hours seems like a good amount of time for this game...im not too big a fan of neverending games.

I'm gonna tell you know if you don't know, most of the game is just cutscenes.

EVOLghost 02.08.2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37

Fuck yeah! Double Flawless + Fatality + Pit area=Reptile!

that game should've stayed a joke. I'm' sorry, but I think MK is an awful fighting game.

Sonic Youth 37 02.10.2009 04:27 PM

I only have a 3 button controller still...so I can't block or high kick/punch

deflinus 02.10.2009 07:43 PM

godamn i totally forgot how assfucking hard the inverted castle is in Castlevania Symphony Of The Night

Sonic Youth 37 02.10.2009 07:45 PM

http://www.wisdomtreegames.com/arcade.html

unlicensed Christian video games for the NES are now available online

noisereductions 02.10.2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
http://www.wisdomtreegames.com/arcade.html

unlicensed Christian video games for the NES are no available online

Dude, Spiritual Warfare is the shit! It's like Zelda in modern times. And you convert ppl to Christianity. Crazy!

Sonic Youth 37 02.10.2009 08:10 PM

The place that I buy my used games at has Bible Adventures for $11 and Spiritual Warfare for $12. I was going to buy them...but now, probably not.

I picked this (in the original case! no manual :( ) up today for a whopping $1.95