Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

deadrockstar 04.10.2009 06:04 PM

This little gem. It is to 'gaming' what SYR releases are to 'music'.

Little red riding hood with the feel of American McGee's "Alice". Definitely a very arty game. In spite of this it has been deservedly very well received (if with some scratching of heads) by the gaming press. Probably only for real hardcore gamers i.e. the ones deeply in love with the medium of gaming as an art, not the ones who think hardcore is Far Cry, Crysis or collecting meaningless achievements whilst paying a monthly fee for the privilege.

$10, can't complain. And Jarboe of Swans fame does the music.

Here and Here

viewtiful_alan 04.14.2009 06:11 PM

Both are incredibly fun, lets hope we can continue to see such quality 3rd party titles for Nintendo's systems.

deflinus 04.14.2009 10:50 PM

EVOLghost 04.15.2009 12:54 AM

Still playing WoW....despite it's massive crashes today

noisereductions 05.15.2009 09:38 PM

via Gamecube Gameboy Player

Sonic Youth 37 05.15.2009 09:51 PM

I love me some City Building games that aren't Caesar III or IV

EVOLghost 05.16.2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37

woah...computer game? and can I get me a copy?

al shabbray 05.16.2009 08:09 AM

on my beloved old black fellow who never let me down

_slavo_ 05.16.2009 08:57 AM

I just finished this 5 minutes ago.
Great game.

Antagon 05.16.2009 11:56 AM

One Must Fall 2097 (Old DOS Classic)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.16.2009 12:28 PM

=)

al shabbray 05.16.2009 12:31 PM

my second favourite game of all time.
recommended for everybody who loves artistic eyecandy combined with ultimate lust for destruction and WHAT a gameplay. one of the most underrated games ever.

EVOLghost 05.16.2009 01:49 PM

^^ Looks interesting....too bad I no longer own a box.

Danny Himself 05.16.2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37

Sweet, takes me back to my first PC game I ever got..

So much fun, strangely in depth as far as sociological mechanics go- I've never really successfully played this without cheating, and it's been out since I was two years old.

al shabbray 05.16.2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
^^ Looks interesting....too bad I no longer own a box.

you should youtube it, but not the FMVs they doesnt say much. the ingame graphics and the dynamics are the most interesting. its the most addictive and satisfying gameplay I have ever played, its still fun ,after some 230 hours of playing that game (at least it is what my savegame says) to run around and DESTROY all the enemies and the beautiful and gorgeous detiled landscapes. really cant recommend that game enough, it made me buying a xbox after I played it through on a weekend!

EVOLghost 05.16.2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
you should youtube it, but not the FMVs they doesnt say much. the ingame graphics and the dynamics are the most interesting. its the most addictive and satisfying gameplay I have ever played, its still fun ,after some 230 hours of playing that game (at least it is what my savegame says) to run around and DESTROY all the enemies and the beautiful and gorgeous detiled landscapes. really cant recommend that game enough, it made me buying a xbox after I played it through on a weekend!

I'm gonna look it up. You make it sound amazing....maybe I'll borrow my cousin's box(which is modded) and I'll probably find a copy of the game somewhere....hmm.

EDIT: And am I looking at different playable characters?

EVOLghost 05.16.2009 05:47 PM

Gameplay looks solid Just fuck everything up...haha.

floatingslowly 05.16.2009 06:00 PM

I'm at a complete loss until Diablo 3 comes out.

I have Left4Dead sitting in the other room, and I haven't bothered to play it yet.

my son's been playing the orange box. he beat portal with a cheat code. (awesome ending song btw)

team fortress 2 looks fun, but I burned out on 3rd person shooters long ago.

blerggh. maybe I'll get a starcraft 3 beta invite.

Sonic Youth 37 05.16.2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
woah...computer game? and can I get me a copy?

Check Ebay. You should be able to pick up this, the expansion Cleopatra and Zeus/Poseidon expansion for about $20 all told. Zeus is great too, it's more humor oriented and you have heroes/gods/monsters that walk around/destroy your city.

I'm trying to track down Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile, which is another Egyptian builder by the same team. It's on Steam with the expansion for $30, but my bandwidth won't handle the download.

atsonicpark 05.16.2009 07:33 PM

rhythm heaven
planet puzzle league