Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Who's glad the long three-day holiday weekend is here, and what are your plans? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31475)

gmku 05.22.2009 05:22 PM

Who's glad the long three-day holiday weekend is here, and what are your plans?

I plan on getting a library card, sleeping in, watching some movies on the tele, and perhaps wandering into a record store.

Do I have you beat?

pantophobia 05.22.2009 05:30 PM

week.....end? what is this you speak, i don't have a day off from work until June 1st with me covering for several shifts, the only taste of the beach i am gonna have is the jerk chicken and mai tai i make

jon boy 05.22.2009 05:32 PM

we had one last weekend (in canada) but i have next week off to hooneymoon in tofino, plus its my birthday sunday so we are going out on saturday night and wolf eyes are playing with black dice monday. theres also a show tonight! wupdedo.

joe11121 05.22.2009 05:32 PM

Our three day weekend was last week, and it sucked, I had so many projects, my friends has fun though....

gmku 05.22.2009 05:32 PM

Oh, sorry. I'm a civil servant. We get these holidays routinely.

I don't have a damned thing I have to do for three days and it feels glorious.

Then a few days later I get to get on a plane and fly to the city that is tied with my city for the best beer town in the United States.

jon boy 05.22.2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
week.....end? what is this you speak, i don't have a day off from work until June 1st with me covering for several shifts, the only taste of the beach i am gonna have is the jerk chicken and mai tai i make

sorry to hear that. take some time off damnit!

Dead-Air 05.22.2009 05:36 PM

I'm so glad I called in sick today even! We're going to the zoo.

pantophobia 05.22.2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
sorry to hear that. take some time off damnit!

i will in july, flying Naomi out to the east coast for the nyc and dc shows, so that will be my summer vacation, til then it's saving up, although maybe a beach excursion in june should be in order

jon boy 05.22.2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
i will in july, flying Naomi out to the east coast for the nyc and dc shows, so that will be my summer vacation, til then it's saving up, although maybe a beach excursion in june should be in order

or come out to vancouver. its worth a trip.

!@#$%! 05.22.2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I plan on getting a library card, sleeping in, watching some movies on the tele, and perhaps wandering into a record store.

Do I have you beat?

i just finished moving house for the summer. i'll spend the weekend with madame !@#$%! and friends, getting intoxicated and getting well-deserved free massages.

floatingslowly 05.22.2009 06:23 PM

mine started at noon!

bought a new grill since I lost the last one to an ice storm two years ago.

spraypainted frost over garage windows!

BBQ'd some bleu cheese stuffed hamburgers. yay meat!

tomorrow is either holocaust memorial at the omniplex, or going with wife to some small town for a country-fried beer drinking session. I'm hoping for nazi doctors vs. the trip to Bloody Axe.

sunday? walmart again! yay!! categorizing demographics! (today, it was overweight and wheelchair bounds, black mothers with children and tattooed but agings). heaps o' chores on sunday too!

monday? the sky's the limit, hotstepper.

Savage Clone 05.22.2009 06:29 PM

I'm working on Saturday and Sunday.
You can all go back to fucking yourselves now.

phoenix 05.22.2009 07:24 PM

every day is a three day weekend, lately.

reginald 05.22.2009 07:55 PM

I'm gonna ride my bicycle !

Pop into a record store ala gmku and drink some beer as well. Best I can get around here is Dogfish Head IPA.

pantophobia 05.22.2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

i wanted to do the west coast, but the last 2 weeks of july my boss is gonna be in europe, so i can't leave, no capital hill block party in seattle, no jesus lizard, sigh, but it's the obligation i suppose

Glice 05.22.2009 08:22 PM

I'm looking forward to chilling the fuck out. I've had Thursday and Friday off to finish off some serious shit, and Saturday (today) I'm meeting a friend for lunch and otherwise doing fuck all till Monday. What I'd like to do is do some intense finishing off of things so I can usher in money/ summer on time.

Toilet & Bowels 05.22.2009 08:26 PM

4 weeks in to a five week month i've got no money so will be staying in all weekend and pottering about

joe11121 05.22.2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Lucky, I've always wanted to go to the west coast. It sounds do nice and beautiful. I really wanna go skiing on the Rockies. Swim in the Pacific, etc. It's my dream to go there one day.

ploesj 05.23.2009 02:33 AM

i'm going to be working my ass off till wednesday so don't talk about any 'long weekends' :P

gmku 05.23.2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reginald
I'm gonna ride my bicycle !

Pop into a record store ala gmku and drink some beer as well. Best I can get around here is Dogfish Head IPA.

That ain't doing too bad! Dogfish Head makes great beer.