Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   USA Pentagon chief Panetta opens combat to women (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=86881)

Rob Instigator 01.23.2013 04:12 PM

USA Pentagon chief Panetta opens combat to women

Hey fellas and ladies, how do you guys feel about this?
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-sources-pan...-politics.html

The overturning of a 1994 rule now says that women can not be held back from ground combat units.
Is this a sign of equality?
Or is it something you disagree with?

I know for many the rationale is that women are the life-givers, the caretakers of the young, and that to include them in outright combat roles is not good.
Others feel that keeping women from combat roles limits their chance for advancement in the miltary, as combat experience is one of the main motivators in ascending rank and promotions.

What you think?

dale_gribble 01.24.2013 02:07 AM

LOL...such emotional beings have no place on the battlefield. perhaps one in one million is suited for such work.

keep poppin pimples 01.24.2013 02:48 AM

american women have the right to personally go and kill some innocent foreign women.

clearly a huge victory for women everywhere! except anywhere that isn't the united states. i'm sure there are lots of smart women in the usa who know the war on terror isn't even a real war, who won't be signing up to the party

chrome noise tape 01.24.2013 05:39 PM

dying or killing because a flag it's stupid...well i'm not an american and not a nationalist. i believe in a better world without armys and politics.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.24.2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale_gribble
LOL...such emotional beings have no place on the battlefield. perhaps one in one million is suited for such work.

Y'all are being silly, and perhaps I think intentionally trolling for knox to come over here..

Besides of which, women have already been serving roles in combat for several years now, just not "officially." Women are generally more directed, calculated, and professional then men, so the military has excellent career options for their skill sets. That is why the military is further integrating and implementing women. Me personally? Fuck the military, if women are craziest to want to get mixed up in the business I say let em. Perhaps it will shift away the rape culture that dominates women in the military currently, though admittedly and more so disconcertingly, as with the suicide rates of soldiers, women are raped in the military per 100,000 at rates less than the national average for American women in general. :(

!@#$%! 01.24.2013 09:15 PM

i know a few women who could snap all of us here like twigs, and if they wanted to be commandos, who the fuck is anyone to deny them that right?

besides, it's time to break the judeochristian male monopoly on violence.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.24.2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i know a few women who could snap all of us here like twigs, and if they wanted to be commandos, who the fuck is anyone to deny them that right?

besides, it's time to break the judeochristian male monopoly on violence.

You surely have forgotten Judeo-Christian heroines such as Jael the wife of Chaber or Judith or the Christian Princess Tamara of Georgia or Jeanne Hachette in France?

!@#$%! 01.24.2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
You surely have forgotten Judeo-Christian heroines such as Jael the wife of Chaber or Judith or the Christian Princess Tamara of Georgia or Jeanne Hachette in France?

i don't know the first three and jeanne d'arc ended up burned at the stake so i'm gonna say she got a raw deal.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.24.2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't know the first three and jeanne d'arc ended up burned at the stake so i'm gonna say she got a raw deal.

Jeanne Hachette some 60 years AFTER the death of Saint Joan D'arc ;)

!@#$%! 01.25.2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Jeanne Hachette some 60 years AFTER the death of Saint Joan D'arc ;)

oh, mang, that's 0-4 for me. i have nothing.

dale_gribble 01.25.2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Y'all are being silly, and perhaps I think intentionally trolling for knox to come over here..

actually i posted that before i read her ranting about women haha. i was being silly but my point is valid, more men are capable of being efficient killers than women.

tesla69 01.25.2013 01:14 PM

I understand that many of the death drones are run by women who have had as much fun blowing up children in their sleep as men. They rationalize it by saying "If we saved one american life it was worth it". No, you're still murderers.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 01:54 PM

I always find myself irked because in all the talk about "hero" troops, no one ever mentions that their whole reason for their existence is to kill, and to die.

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 01:58 PM

How long until Selective Service comes calling?

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 02:02 PM

The Selective Service paperwork states "male". They will have to change it all to reflect the new action, because women will have to sign up as well.

Luckly, I am 4 years past the age of 35, top age to be drafted, which is good for me.

My dad was a Crew Chief aboard a refueling jet during vietnam (1966-1969) and told me sternly, when I was a senior in HS, "The military is no place for a Puerto Rican."

Maybe we are too chill....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.25.2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale_gribble
actually i posted that before i read her ranting about women haha. i was being silly but my point is valid, more men are capable of being efficient killers than women.

If you truly mean the word "efficient" then again I challenge that premise, I think women make all the more efficient killers than men, we're just used to men doing all the soldiering. If anything, I dare say that men are trying to preserve the last vestige of the gender divide in the 21st century, if women are soldiers just like they are business executive, single parent heads of household, the majority of students at University, and now on average in people under 30 making MORE money than men, perhaps men are trying to save face with this whole gender bias in soldiering? When women become open combat troops, men will have lost their last dividing line towards any pretense of superiority.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 02:22 PM

a woman will kill you, if she wants to kill you, in a far more cold, clinical , detached manner than what a man does. A man will kill in the heat of passion, while a woman will bide her time,a nd do it when it MOST HURTS. Many Women are tougher, deadlier, and far more willing to do what it takes than most men.

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 02:28 PM

Do you reckon they'll make them chop a tit off, so as to be able aim and fire a machine gun more easily???

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
a woman will kill you, if she wants to kill you, in a far more cold, clinical , detached manner than what a man does. A man will kill in the heat of passion, while a woman will bide her time,a nd do it when it MOST HURTS. Many Women are tougher, deadlier, and far more willing to do what it takes than most men.

Are we talking about women, or ninjas?

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 02:35 PM

what's the difference? John Bobbit heard nothing as Lorena ninja-ed her way to slicing off his dong.

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 02:50 PM

To me, the most degrading aspect of that was when the police stuck it in a 7-11 Big Bite wrapper, as if it were made of pork lips and cow anus.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 02:53 PM

I think it was funny that she tossed his wang out the window of her car.

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 02:57 PM

Yeah the reenactments on TV were spectacular. You could almost hear the director yell "nooo, do it more casually! Use your wrist!"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.25.2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

I think it was funny that she tossed his wang out the window of her car.

I must admit, that was indeed the only funny part of that whole story, that she tossed it out the window like a cigarette butt or a candy-bar wrapper ;)

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 03:16 PM

As a representative of Native America, I find that Italian man, posing in "red-face", highly disrespectful toward my culture.

Couldn't use a real "indian"? I mean, what, are we TOO BROWN for you?

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 03:17 PM

That guy kind of looks like Dio.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 03:20 PM

Cody was born as Espera Oscar de Corti in Kaplan, Louisiana, a second son of Antonio de Corti and his wife, Francesca Salpietra, immigrants from Sicily.(wiki)

His mom's last name was BLACK SALT. awesome name.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.25.2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
As a representative of Native America, I find that Italian man, posing in "red-face", highly disrespectful toward my culture.

I mean, what, are we TOO BROWN for you?

You're trying to pull that card on me? Thankfully now I know you are just fucking with me ;)

Have you never seen that commercial where the people throw their trash out the window?

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 03:26 PM

Italians have always been treated by cracka-ass whitey as a "swarthy" people.

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 03:33 PM

I grew up with that commerical, proud that my people had finally been shown as the earth-loving custodians of this country, instead of the scalping savages that we'd previously been made out to be; only to find out later that this was just another trick by the white devils, a deceptive farce now further perpetrated by you as some sort of wicked joke.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.25.2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I grew up with that commerical, proud that my people had finally been shown as the earth-loving custodians of this country, instead of the scalping savages that we'd previously been made out to be; only to find out later that this was just another trick by the white devils, a deceptive farce now further perpetrated by you as some sort of wicked joke.

So you had never seen that dude in all those Spaghetti westerns? That was what Cheech was singing about when he sang, "Mexican Americans don't like to the movies where the dude has to where contact lenses to make his blue eyes brown, cuz don't it make my brown eyes blue.."

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 03:50 PM

I don't watch that shit, and if I do, I fast-forward to the part where the wagons circle.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 03:58 PM

I love that song by cheech, and then chong, in his whiteness, does what white folks do and narrows down cheech's protest song into "Beaners....Beaners...are gonna kick you in the face!"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.25.2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

I love that song by cheech, and then chong, in his whiteness, does what white folks do and narrows down cheech's protest song into "Beaners....Beaners...are gonna kick you in the face!"

Dude, you so thoroughly misunderstood Tommy Chong there that it is bordering on embarrassment on your part, and besides of which, the better chorus is "Beaners.. like to eat beans.." ;)

"Its funny cuz its true!"

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 04:14 PM

Beaners....
Beaners....
Beaners...
Beaners.. Are Gonna Kick you in the Face

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 04:15 PM

no misunderstanding there, just a joke.

Rob Instigator 01.25.2013 04:15 PM

Remember, Chong tells Cheech, "While you were singing that I was working on my own song."

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 04:32 PM

Chong autographed my Let's Make A New Dope Deal vinyl LP....I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it when I move. :(

floatingslowly 01.25.2013 04:35 PM

As a Native American, I am a proto-Mexican, and consequently highly-offended, yet again.