Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Black Eyed Peas (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31439)

summer 05.20.2009 07:59 PM

The Black Eyed Peas

Why did Fergie ever go solo? That was a very bad move. This new song is very catchy and easily better than anything she's done by herself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtGlHPFCH8A

joe11121 05.20.2009 08:18 PM

Fergie Solo > Black eyed Peas before fergie's solo career > the new song

automatic bzooty 05.20.2009 09:37 PM

i just got back from a marathon black eyed peas car jam. me and my ~bffz got that boom boom pow.

floatingslowly 05.20.2009 10:22 PM

normally, I don't like to link watermarked photos.
ninjadude.com sounds pretty rad though.

Better_Than_You 05.20.2009 10:48 PM

^^^

lmfao.

&her PR was like, "oh no no no.. she was just sweating."

uhgggh.. i'd rather have people think I pissed my pants then i had a sweaty vag.

floatingslowly 05.20.2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
i'd rather have people think I pissed my pants then i had a sweaty vag.

hahah I never even thought about it like that. but yeah...really.

and I'm sorry for any fruggie fans out there, but once you piss yr pants on stage it's MOCKERY4LIFE.

davenotdead 05.20.2009 11:49 PM

i finally neg repped someone.

Glice 05.21.2009 05:26 AM

I saw BEP before Fergie joined, y'know, when they were like J5 but shitter. I was astonished when they turned out to be quite good, and in the charts. They're one of those bands who make awesome singles but largely dire albums, which I never bother buying. Fair play to them though.

nicfit 05.21.2009 05:37 AM

yep, some singles are pretty nice, but sometimes they "ruin" them a bit coz of their seemingly never ending quest to put as many "things" as possible into the songs, you know, coz they're a "multiethnic" band, they must reflect this with multiple different elements in the songs etc etc...
imo.

Some pretty good ideas here and there (who's their producer(s) ?), and fergie without makeup must be a monster.

p.s. Glice has such a good taste for pop (meant as a good acception of the term) music.

atsonicpark 05.21.2009 05:43 AM

Even though they almost definitely just wanted people to go "OH! IT'S THE PULP FICTION SONG!", the fact they brought Misirlou back into popular culture again makes me not hate them. That's one of my all time favorite songs... Dick Dale is god.

Glice 05.21.2009 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Even though they almost definitely just wanted people to go "OH! IT'S THE PULP FICTION SONG!", the fact they brought Misirlou back into popular culture again makes me not hate them. That's one of my all time favorite songs... Dick Dale is god.

You fail at elitism! The proper thing to say is 'I've always found Sevdah renditions of 'Miserlou' (lol@French spelling) to be more enjoyable, or at least on the saz'.

atsonicpark 05.21.2009 06:04 AM

"I feel asleep."

summer 05.21.2009 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
You fail at elitism! The proper thing to say is 'I've always found Sevdah renditions of 'Miserlou' (lol@French spelling) to be more enjoyable, or at least on the saz'.

Please tell me you're kidding this is fucking dumb?

Glice 05.21.2009 06:42 AM

You'll have to explain that one sweetheart. What part of me taking the piss is dumb?

ZEROpumpkins 05.21.2009 06:48 AM

Loads of mediocre pop acts > BEP > Fergie

atsonicpark 05.21.2009 07:03 AM

Fergie's meth addiction > Fergie's rotten vagina

atsonicpark 05.21.2009 07:04 AM

Alligator > Pacman > The guy who invented >'s

summer 05.21.2009 07:13 AM

Yeah. The guy who invented the "greater than" sign is a real prick, if only because he also invented (or so I am assuming) the "lesser than" sign, and.. oh gosh is there a lot of frustration at that. I hate it when I see people making simple mistakes in school and confuse the two, but thank God Almighty this is the internet and that everyone who decides to inhabit this place has a grasp of basic mathematical concepts.

greedrex 05.21.2009 07:15 AM

George W Bush > Benny Hill > Blakaidpiz

NWRA 05.21.2009 07:34 AM

I saw Black Eyed Peas at Leeds Festival a while ago, before Fergie joined, maybe two albums into their career? They were very enjoyable, all playing guitars and shouting seemingly at random, a bit like having a group of three hypemen. I think they're absolutely horrible now, mind.