Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   USA v. Iraq insurgency! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1718)

cagedbird 05.10.2006 03:57 PM

USA v. Iraq insurgency!

Strategically speaking, who do you think is the more artful in warfare? Show!

in my humble opinion the insrgents are doing a good job of disrupting the status quo as the americns envisioned it. and they may even succeed in removing troops earlier than expected, i believe. but there is also the mighty power of the USA which has crushed a rather large oppositional space...may all those who lost their lives in the war rest in peace

!@#$%! 05.10.2006 04:54 PM

you must quit playing games on the computer all day. it will eventually rob you of any sense of reality, you know...

cagedbird 05.10.2006 09:35 PM

this is not a game. i know soldiers and i know families involved in the war. acquaintances, yes, but i am interested in international development. is the sonic youth board any less legitimate a place to poll than the whitey pages?. but thanks for the advise. i did notice that ... well, anyway.

and i don't play games. in my best moments i am ahead of the 'game.' gimme a break. see above. fuck you very much. love. sojtc. and that's an acronym...sHAPE of jAZZ tO cOME. (you be the jazz or the come)

bucklebone 05.11.2006 10:15 AM

you've obviously misplaced this post in the SY gossip section. It should be in the 4th section of Non-sonic related anything.

First, you are sick and twisted to be pointing out so matter-of-factedly that the insurgents are doing a good job of disrupting things over there. What they are doing is slaughtering innocent civilians and fellow Iraqis who are attempting to bring civility and equal representation to a part of the world that has been routinely squashed by the whims and desires of a despot.

Next time you hear about a car bomb exploding in a marketplace indiscriminately killing Iraqi men, women and children, think about it. It may be fun for you who want the US out of Iraq, but it is sickening for those of us who want peace and stability in that part of the world.

space_monkey 05.11.2006 10:55 AM

you have lose that war! jerks!!

cagedbird 05.11.2006 12:32 PM

next time i hear about the car bomb i will think about a man named slane who lost both of his legs as the result of an irish car bomb. but more over i will think about why if the MI5 bought car bomb weapons for the IRA, the CIA would not buy car bomb weapons for the Iraqi insurgents. in a certain strategic light, this car bomb stuff is not new. read more irish history. or british history.

bucklebone 05.11.2006 12:38 PM

I thought we were talking about the USA vs. Iraqi Insurgency (please refer to your title of this thread). Had I known we were talking about the UK vs. IRA then I would have addressed that.

Sorry. Maybe next time I reply to your thread, I will take all possibilities into account.

bucklebone 05.11.2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_monkey

A Croat calling Americans "jerks". You, my friend, are a thankless asshole.

Magic Wheel Memory 05.11.2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space_monkey

Whether or not we "win" or "lose" that war will be determined by the long-term effects on life in Iraq.

space_monkey 05.11.2006 01:05 PM

but life in iraq is worst after "bush" attack !is'n it?
the reason of attack is oil and you know that!!

Magic Wheel Memory 05.11.2006 01:09 PM

Life immediately after surgery is worse, also. That doesn't mean it's not better for you in the long run. Sometimes, progress requires some short-term pain. As for Iraq, we will have to wait and see...

And if you think that you "know" this war is about oil, then you are an idiot. The fact that a motive might exist doesn't mean that it was the motive.

cagedbird 05.11.2006 02:03 PM

sorry bucklebone. i was confusing you with !@#$%! who posted a more expasive comment. but still i was also replying to your admonition to think about the iraqi people when i think about the next car bomb that i hear about. i just cannot stop myself from asking who is really responsible for this kind of strategy, given recent western strategies of aiding the enemy in northern ireland. the thread is still about iraq v. usa.