Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Any Info About A New Sy Dvd ?? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=17264)

HECKLER SPRAY 10.23.2007 08:10 AM

Any Info About A New Sy Dvd ??

Few months after Corporate Ghosts came out, I read somewhere ( I don't remember the source) that an other DVD, about SY 80's videos and other stuffs from the same era, was in progress.
I'm still waiting for that DVD. I hope I wasn't dreaming.
Any info, guys ?

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 10.23.2007 11:33 AM

It says that right on the CG dvd.
So I assume there will be.

l'voyeur 10.23.2007 05:32 PM

just today I found this page...(a bit old ...from 2006)

http://www.livemusicblog.com/news/06...-aftershow.php

Talks about the SY Lollapaloza gig in 2006

and tells:

"There was a suspicious high quality digital camera in the corner by the sound mixer that was either for JBTV or maybe a part for a future Sonic Youth music video/DVD release."

SynthethicalY 10.23.2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
Few months after Corporate Ghosts came out, I read somewhere ( I don't remember the source) that an other DVD, about SY 80's videos and other stuffs from the same era, was in progress.
I'm still waiting for that DVD. I hope I wasn't dreaming.
Any info, guys ?

I think that was from the old videos that they wanted to release. Teenage Riot, Death Valley 69 etc. etc.

Everyneurotic 10.23.2007 06:57 PM

i heard steve say screaming fields was to be released on dvd later this year, but that was back in february...probably early next year.

PAULYBEE2656 10.24.2007 07:58 AM

pre corporate sell out video compilation. hopefully it will be screaming fields with some kill extras and commentary. things move slowly in the sonic world.

Moshe 10.24.2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i heard steve say screaming fields was to be released on dvd later this year, but that was back in february...probably early next year.

What wrong with this xmas?
(and no, i don't know nothing about it).

HECKLER SPRAY 10.24.2007 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshe
What wrong with this xmas?
(and no, i don't know nothing about it).

Fuck, I was really counting on your wisdom, Master Moshe...:(

the ikara cult 10.24.2007 12:23 PM

I have the fucked up version of Corporate Ghost with the dodgy menus and inability to access commentaries. Silly thing. I think you could go in with your receipt and get a replacement but i never got round to it.
But yeah, new DVD, lovely. I hope they get as much on it as CG and do it properly

lukin 10.24.2007 02:07 PM

I read somwere here that the DDN show in Berlin was filmed for a DVD realese?
Anyone know of this??

Rob Instigator 10.24.2007 02:14 PM

If only they would releasse screaming fields of sonic love on DVD with the Gila Monster Jamboree and with extr kick ass shit and only for $14

SONIC LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

sonic youth rule all.

luckily, being a huge super fanatic of the sonic youth, and having loved them for so long and being much bigger fanatic than any of you suckas I already own the gila monster and the screaming fields and extra shit! ha ha ha! SONIC YOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

A Thousand Threads 10.24.2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
If only they would releasse screaming fields of sonic love on DVD with the Gila Monster Jamboree and with extr kick ass shit and only for $14

SONIC LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

sonic youth rule all.

luckily, being a huge super fanatic of the sonic youth, and having loved them for so long and being much bigger fanatic than any of you suckas I already own the gila monster and the screaming fields and extra shit! ha ha ha! SONIC YOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

And you're well hung!!
This world isn't very fair

sergisonic 10.25.2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukin
I read somwere here that the DDN show in Berlin was filmed for a DVD realese?
Anyone know of this??

yes
and the 3 ddn shows in London...

please, please.....

themawt71 10.25.2007 01:19 PM

im waiting on the evol tour film above all else!

when when......?

Everyneurotic 10.25.2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
pre corporate sell out video compilation. hopefully it will be screaming fields with some kill extras and commentary...

it is according to the drummer man.