Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 01.05.2020 01:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Db3rluT76w

^A++

NYCgaf16 01.05.2020 03:20 PM

i just made something weird in paint

i's called shoeagze

EVOLghost 01.06.2020 11:44 AM

temple 3s

Antagon 01.06.2020 03:27 PM

So I dreamt of another song concept. It had this driven, almost Garage/Surf-Rock guitar riff, only it was a lot dirtier than you'd imagine. Thing is, being awake now, I can only remember the ending. It would end on the drawn out lines "Nob-oooody, Nob-oooody, No-bloody Ever. Falls. For you.". I can still remember the key of that, but somehow the guitar sound and the rest of the arrangement only remained with me as a vague description. In my dream it was the shit, maybe it would've been just shit when I actually consciously got to think about it. But I'll never know. Damnit, I wish I could remember the songs I compose in my dreams. The only one I was able to remember somewhat accurately was some vaporwavey tune with lyrics that weren't actual words.

_tunic_ 01.06.2020 06:16 PM

Working through death's pain
Last night I swear I felt your touch, gentle and warm
The hair stood on my arms - how, how, how?
Show me the way, show me the way
Show me the way to shake a memory

I flipped my forelock, I twitched my withers, I reared and bucked
I could not put my rider aground
All these fine memories are fucking me down
I dreamed it was a dream that you were gone
I woke up feeling so ripped by reality
Love is the king of the beasts
And when it gets hungry it must kill to eat
Love is the king of the beasts
A lion walking down city streets

I fell back asleep some time later on
And I dreamed the perfect song
It held all the answers, like hands laid on
I woke halfway and scribbled it down
And in the morning, what I wrote, I read
It was hard to read at first but here's what it said:
"Eid ma clack shaw zupoven del ba
Mertepy ven seinur cofally ragdah"

EVOLghost 01.07.2020 03:12 AM

h8kurdt 01.08.2020 11:43 AM

As much as I love the Dirty album, my god it's a top heavy album. I reckon you could get rid of anything past track 9 (YAF) and you wouldn't lose anything. Sonic Youth never did a more top heavy album.

Rob Instigator 01.08.2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
As much as I love the Dirty album, my god it's a top heavy album. I reckon you could get rid of anything past track 9 (YAF) and you wouldn't lose anything. Sonic Youth never did a more top heavy album.

man you crazy.

On the Strip, Chapel Hill, Purr, and Creme Brulee rule all. If any tracks should be removed from DIRTY they are Youth Against fascism and 100% (I find the 100% riff and structure to be weaksauce, and BORING compared to the amazing shit found elsewhere on Dirty.

Also, Lee's GENETIC, maybe the greatest track ever, was left off because Thruston did not think a song about Lee's love for his son "fit in" with the rest of the record.

!@#$%! 01.08.2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost

hahahhaaaaa awesome king cake. or whatever that is. with slugs on top.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt

i fucking love crème brûlée!

certainly not a hit, but it’s secretly glorious

and yeah YAF is not the best

and nicfit is gonna come after you for dissing nicfit :D

which, again, so short, not a radio hit, but it’s great

and i love kim on the strip

U CRAY

it’s okay. we live in stressful times, sometimes a quick brawl with friends brings relief, hahaha

listening to on the strip right now, such a great break into noise, again, not “radio friendly”

-

chapel hill would be better if thurston didn’t sing hahaha. same with stalker, lol. same with purr!! (but great guitars)

-

jc = tyger, tyger, burning bright... (love it, kim rules all.)

NYCgaf16 01.08.2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
So I'm at this cafe with my laptop to work on some projects and assignments and basically in front of me there's this guy with an actual fucking typewriter. Typing away, making noise. I mean, I'm all for using old-timey technology to do cool stuff every now and then. I have a good amount of analogue SLRs and general 35mm cameras. But come on, that's just showing off. What's a goddamn typewriter gonna do for you? In that setting?

talkin' bout typewriters

!@#$%! 01.08.2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCgaf16

haa haa haaa brilliant

i had heard this before, ages ago, but never seen it performed

thanks

choc e-Claire 01.09.2020 03:00 AM

An Australian drug dealer has pledged 10% of his profits over the weekend to bushfire relief funds. So do the country a favour and snort it up.

h8kurdt 01.09.2020 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
man you crazy.

On the Strip, Chapel Hill, Purr, and Creme Brulee rule all. If any tracks should be removed from DIRTY they are Youth Against fascism and 100% (I find the 100% riff and structure to be weaksauce, and BORING compared to the amazing shit found elsewhere on Dirty.

Also, Lee's GENETIC, maybe the greatest track ever, was left off because Thruston did not think a song about Lee's love for his son "fit in" with the rest of the record.

Haha! Didn't realise there'd be such a strong reaction. I honestly feel like they're b-sides at best.

However, I agree that Genetic should have been a shoo-in to be on the album. I'm sure I read on here or mustang that Lee nearly left the band because of the arguments about the track.

h8kurdt 01.09.2020 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

U CRAY

it’s okay. we live in stressful times, sometimes a quick brawl with friends brings relief, hahaha

[IMG
https://violentmetaphors.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/gwvdz.gif[/IMG]

:D :D much love back

NYCgaf16 01.09.2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
man you crazy.

AHEM

NYCgaf16 01.09.2020 10:53 AM

Woo 100 posts yaayy! :D :D :D

Bytor Peltor 01.09.2020 02:04 PM

250 Amish Men Lift Barn With Their Bare Hands And Carry It Across Ohio Farm To Its New Spot

NYCgaf16 01.12.2020 12:44 PM

Ahhhh Why Spambots Exist! Kill It With Fire And Hang It On A Cross!

floatingslowly 01.15.2020 04:31 AM

The apocalyptic air quality has subsided (for now). I think I can breathe tonite.

choc e-Claire 01.17.2020 09:06 PM

Thinking I should make a little 'roadtest' holiday over the next school break, just to make sure pushing out on my own is okay. Can't decide where in Australia to go, though.