Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

TheFoxBen 08.10.2010 08:18 AM

Yeah, Killing Zoe is not as great as any Tarantino movie but it's a decent bank robbery flick, like you said. I would give it a 7/10. Eric Stoltz and Jean-Hughes Anglade were pretty good.

Anyway, I heard Roger Avary is in jail for manslaughter or some shit, wasn't he going to direct the Wolfenstein movie ? That would be mad.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:24 AM

he's in jail? whaaa?

Yeah I heard about Wolfenstein. I don't know. He got on this videogame kick. Silent Hill was ok but meh in the end. It looked good though.

I wish he just did nothing but Ellis books into movies.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 08:33 AM

on my library's projector screen.:0

chicka 08.10.2010 12:42 PM

My favorite Wilder/Lemmon film

viewtiful alan redux 08.10.2010 02:30 PM

6/10
Not without its entertaining parts, but overall the plot just didn't satisfy, and I didn't really care about any of the characters. Good enough, but way overrated.

7.5/10
Pretty good if formulaic rock doc. It didn't make me respect Jim Morrison anymore, but it really just showed me just how awesome that BAND was.

5.5/10
Suffered from the classic Will Ferrel comedy syndrome in that while the movie has some big laughs, it just doesn't know what to do with itself once it comes time to actually pay attention to the plot.

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 02:38 PM

Will Ferrel just sucks.

Rob Instigator 08.10.2010 02:54 PM

Will Ferrell is ideal for 3-5 minute comedy sketches.

his movies are cringeworthy.

Rob Instigator 08.10.2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful alan redux

7.5/10
Pretty good if formulaic rock doc. It didn't make me respect Jim Morrison anymore, but it really just showed me just how awesome that BAND was.

Too many docs and books fiocus so muh on Jim's stage persona and lifestyle instead of focusing on the fucking music. The band was 3 very weird very disparate musical talents. If the Doors had been a NYC band they would have been the biggest media hype ever.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Will Ferrell is ideal for 3-5 minute comedy sketches.

his movies are cringeworthy.

I really like Elf a lot. And I think Step Brothers is hilarious.

noisereductions 08.10.2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Too many docs and books fiocus so muh on Jim's stage persona and lifestyle instead of focusing on the fucking music. The band was 3 very weird very disparate musical talents. If the Doors had been a NYC band they would have been the biggest media hype ever.

I agree... they focus on OH JIM THE RIMBAUD TORTURED DRUNKEN LIZARD KING SOUL... dudes! Just start by saying "hey -- they were a rock band without a guitar" and already it's like "oh yeah, interesting!"

Rob Instigator 08.10.2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I really like Elf a lot. And I think Step Brothers is hilarious.

forgot about Elf. I enjoyed that.

I have yet to see stepbrothers. will wathc it whil my fiancee is in las Vegas this weekend she abhors will ferrell like I abhor techno

noisereductions 08.10.2010 03:10 PM

Step Brothers ... I don't know. I just think it's great. I mean it's pretty much what you think it is -- stupid. But it's hilariously stupid. Sample:

JM: Were you playing my drums?
WF: No.
JM: Then why are you sweating?
JM: I was watching Cops.

Rob Instigator 08.10.2010 03:13 PM

My brother said to watch it.

I got Fitzcarraldo coming on Netflix. gonna watch that this weekend. tooooooo

atsonicpark 08.10.2010 03:26 PM

make sure you aren't sleepy and you have 2 1/2 assnumbing hours to spare!

SONIC GAIL 08.10.2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Step Brothers ... I don't know. I just think it's great. I mean it's pretty much what you think it is -- stupid. But it's hilariously stupid. Sample:

JM: Were you playing my drums?
WF: No.
JM: Then why are you sweating?
JM: I was watching Cops.

i agree it is so stupid its funny I love that part and the mom hosing em down in the front yard

SONIC GAIL 08.10.2010 03:35 PM

I liked Talledaga hights. my favorite. Its funny cause it is so true, dumb nas car rednecks I see em all the time roun here. growing up in that environment and then seeing this movie I laughed my ass off and even purchased it. my dads a nascar fan he hated it.

!@#$%! 08.10.2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

I really like Elf a lot.

that's because of zooey. isn't it? confess, confess!

noisereductions 08.10.2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
i agree it is so stupid its funny I love that part and the mom hosing em down in the front yard

Dad: you're grown me, you don't need permission to build bunkbeds.
Them: so..................?
Dad: I don't give a fuck!
Them: so..................?

hahahahaha

TheFoxBen 08.10.2010 05:20 PM

Anchorman is a masterpiece IMO, one of the funniest movies of all time.

Both Step Brothers and Talladega Nights are funny, I have absolutely nothing against Will Ferrell (John C. Reilly is also really good).

noisereductions 08.10.2010 06:02 PM

I didn't care for Talladega much. The part about Jesus being a baby was great, but for the most part...

Anchorman was awesome though.