Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best Music DVD's (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8461)

screamingskull 11.27.2006 04:40 PM

Best Music DVD's

what are your favourites??? mine are -

Joni Mitchell - Shadows & Light

Flaming Lips - Void & Fearless Freaks

Some of the Jools Holland ones are pretty good, There's some sonic youth on a few of them. And i love sonic youth's corporate ghosts.

do pavement have one? i hear the pixie's are putting one out called 'loud/quiet'. can you guys reccomend me any.
I'd also like to check out the Cat Power one, but don't want to spend money on it if its shit.:)

blastscenealibi 11.27.2006 05:38 PM

The Led Zeppelin dvd for the time being. But I can't wait for it to be replaced by the 1991: The Year Punk Broke dvd.

Savage Clone 11.27.2006 05:39 PM

Devo - The Truth About De-Evolution

gmku 11.27.2006 05:46 PM

I rented Gimme Shelter from the pubic library.

I love the part where the Stones all arrive in Muscle Shoals all a shambles to record Wild Horses.

Mick Jagger was almost shot to death. Like Martin Luther King, like Bobby Kennedy. That blows me away every time I see this.

blastscenealibi 11.27.2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Mick Jagger was almost shot to death. Like Martin Luther King, like Bobby Kennedy. That blows me away every time I see this.

Thank God for Alan Pasaro, huh?

finding nobody 11.27.2006 06:07 PM

Nirvana- Live! Tonight! Sold out!
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble- Live At El Macambo
Fugazi- Instrument
Pink Floyd- Live At Pompeii
Bob Dylan- Unplugged
Bob Dylan- No Direction Home
Beatles- Anthology
Weezer- Video Capture Device
Sonic Youth- Corporate Ghost
White Stripes- Live Under Black Pool Lights
I really like the classic albums series. I have Nirvana- Nevermind. Pink Floyd- Dark Side Of The Moon. I wan the Sex Pistols and the Jimi Hendrix ones also.

Onani Nic 11.27.2006 06:16 PM

The only two I own and have watched more than 2 times are:

the birthday party- pleasure heads must burn
Can- forget the name of it but its good, Damo wears a jumpsuit.

EyeballGrowth 11.27.2006 10:23 PM

The kings of music dvd are Zappa's Baby Snakes and Dub Room Special

and BLIND EYE SEES ALL by Butthole Surfers.

Devo the complete truth is a goodn' too but it's really short. You can watch the entire thing on Youtube except for the part where the adult baby guy gets stabbed. Fishbone live in Amsterdam is fucking AWESOME, it comes with the cd of the show as a 2nd disc, and it's one of their last shows with Wood and Dirty Walt. Pixies Sell Out is fantastic as well.

EyeballGrowth 11.27.2006 10:26 PM

I was really impressed with this one. It's one of the funniest concert dvd's I've ever seen and it has tons of extra stuff that wasn't on the old tape. There's some hilarious " This is spinal tap " esque stuff, and the thing with the two scientists is hilarious

Most Marshall cabinets have celestion speakers inside, but this one has a small human child

The ending is the best when they go into that insane jam with the laser tag gun. Fucking incredible

badgercorn 11.27.2006 10:50 PM

Corporate Ghost

Ramones - End of the Century

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - God Is in The House

I've got Nirvana - Live Tonight Sold Out on VHS still, is there much more extra stuff on the DVD?

h8kurdt 11.28.2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgercorn

I've got Nirvana - Live Tonight Sold Out on VHS still, is there much more extra stuff on the DVD?

Just more footage of the Amsterdam gig. Would've been cool for a Krist and Dave commentary..

gmku 11.28.2006 12:09 PM

I'll say it again... Gimme Shelter.

LittlePuppetBoy 11.28.2006 12:30 PM

Radiohead-Meeting People is Easy
Smashing Pumpkins-Greatest Hits

screamingskull 11.28.2006 02:38 PM

i also have that Nirvana one (live, tonight, sold out).
and a lemonheads video that took me fucking forever to find called 'two weeks in australia' thats pretty great, it has all their early music videos which are pretty hard to find anywhere else.

DemonBox 11.28.2006 04:35 PM

Most recently I've been really into the new R.E.M. DVD, I highly recomend it.

porkmarras 11.28.2006 04:45 PM

nicfit 11.28.2006 05:28 PM

i have really few official music dvds, not mentioning Corporate Ghost i'd recommend "Clearing the Eye", a really nice dvd Isis released a while ago. Amazing live renditions of Panopticon's songs and a few oldies.

!@#$%! 11.28.2006 05:51 PM

nicfit 11.28.2006 06:00 PM

yeeeeh, LB salad milkshakes is soooo good! I forgot that coz i have only a dvdrip of it :) (yo !@#$%! no work for me :( ;) ?)

nicfit 11.28.2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
I'd also like to check out the Cat Power one, but don't want to spend money on it if its shit.:)

You can save your money, if you mean the one called "singing for trees" or something similar... it's quite boring in my opinion.