Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Chatroom? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=447)

truncated 03.31.2006 06:24 AM

Chatroom?

Where did we ever land on this issue? Not that I really need another distraction from work, but I was just curious.

jon boy 03.31.2006 06:32 AM

chabib will be plotting this evil work dismissal tool i am sure.

how many rep points do you have!!!

Hip Priest 03.31.2006 07:43 AM

:cool:In what way can the inconsequential nonsense we speak here not be classified as 'chat'? Do we really need to force chabib to oversee another means of broadcasting our drivel?

:cool:

krastian 03.31.2006 04:32 PM

I think it would be a good idea. It would let people bs with each other instead of doing it in the threads (not that I care).

Soundtrax 03.31.2006 04:39 PM

what about we join sonic youth chatroom on soulseek? there are a couple of folks, but noone ever says anything, and besides, i suspect they are kinda mainstream jerks... lets take the channel into our own hands :) my username is psihopat ;)

chabib 03.31.2006 04:46 PM

holyfuckingjesus NOOOOO!!!! no more technology. i ***think*** the server is working now. let's get that to be a relatively concrete fact before adding anything else.

truncated 03.31.2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
chabib will be plotting this evil work dismissal tool i am sure.

how many rep points do you have!!!

I'm not sure, perhaps there aren't enough people logged on during the day to warrant it?

And, that would be -100,000 points, under both names haha

chabib 03.31.2006 04:52 PM

i have a feeling if there was a chatroom, the same 10 people would use it all the time. these people should just exchange AIM addresses and do group chats.

Hip Priest 03.31.2006 04:55 PM

I'm not sure I want my opinions to be read only for that fleeting instant. I like the fact that in a year's time, a new member might join and accidentally discover my opinion on cheese, or the Bambi Slam, or other equally weighty and important topics.

noumenal 03.31.2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I like the fact that in a year's time, a new member might join and accidentally discover my opinion on cheese

This is a good point, particularly the cheese part.

We should start a thread where we can record our last wishes, in case we die.

truncated 03.31.2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
i have a feeling if there was a chatroom, the same 10 people would use it all the time. these people should just exchange AIM addresses and do group chats.

I don't even know how to do THAT. And I can't stand that fuckin AOL icon.

truncated 03.31.2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noumenal
This is a good point, particularly the cheese part.

We should start a thread where we can record our last wishes, in case we die.

How will we know if you die? Will the flags be at half-mast?

Savage Clone 04.01.2006 12:09 AM

You will see sombre parades of weeping kittens.

chabib 04.01.2006 12:10 AM

a samba of sombre hombres

truncated 04.01.2006 04:01 PM

Noumenal, you should have started that thread.

There is a flu epidemic seemingly attacking everyone I know. I got home last night, felt a bit off, and in a space of minutes was sicker than I had ever been in my life. I even got to go to the hospital, and got a cherry lollipop.

I just felt like whining. I'm done now.

noumenal 04.01.2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated

There is a flu epidemic seemingly attacking everyone I know. I got home last night, felt a bit off, and in a space of minutes was sicker than I had ever been in my life. I even got to go to the hospital, and got a cherry lollipop.

Yeah, I probably should have, but I'm not fully engaged with the board right now. I'm trying to decide if I should go see Dinosaur Jr tonight. I have a ticket, so all I have to do is drive down to New Orleans, but I'm considering not going...

I hope the cherry lollipop was good.

!@#$%! 04.01.2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated

yikes! the hospital will only get you sicker :(

well take care & sleep lots (the best cure). whiskey helps too :D