Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATP Don't Look Back Daydream Nation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10668)

No Star 02.24.2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
i'll make do with atari's No. 7 pick but for real, will SY skip the outro to the sprawl and cross the breeze at atp like they did in atari's bootleg from 89'? it's put me off.


heh, two tickets for sale *JOKE* i mean thats pretty crap if they do that though thats my favourite part of daydream either way its a sonic mashup!

Silver Rocket will be immense live!!

Danny Himself 02.24.2007 08:14 PM

I can't wait for Total Trash.

neptuneg 02.25.2007 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel
i'll make do with atari's No. 7 pick but for real, will SY skip the outro to the sprawl and cross the breeze at atp like they did in atari's bootleg from 89'? it's put me off.


it seems that the sprawl outro is often missed and the 'cross the breeze one is often there. i'm just judging from the boots i have, but this will most likely be completely different. in fact, they sometimes don't even play the intro to 'cross the breeze! i'm sure they will this time though. like 99% sure.

GrungeMonkey 02.25.2007 12:25 PM

Will mark ibould be on bass?

I'm quite looking forward to Rain King, That song is too often overlooked when people talk about daydream nation.

neptuneg 02.25.2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrungeMonkey

I'm quite looking forward to Rain King, That song is too often overlooked when people talk about daydream nation.


i agree. Rain King is amazing!

screamingskull 02.25.2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrungeMonkey
Will mark ibould be on bass?



ive asked this question like a million times, i doubt he will be playing with them. We al know they can handle it by themselves.

h8kurdt 02.25.2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
ive asked this question like a million times, i doubt he will be playing with them. We al know they can handle it by themselves.


Kim's hand is fucked though isn't it?

screamingskull 02.25.2007 01:47 PM

huh?, whats wrong with her hand?

h8kurdt 02.25.2007 01:48 PM

I'm sure I read that she can't play guitar through a whole set as her hand is in agony, hence the reason for gettin Mark in. Did I dream that?

screamingskull 02.25.2007 01:55 PM

you might have, ive never heard anything about it.

neptuneg 02.25.2007 01:55 PM

i'm guessing mark will be there. i mean, i'm sure kim will play bass as much as she can, but I know that daydream is very bass heavy, which certainly contributed to her arthritis / carpel tunnel (not sure of which it is).

h8kurdt 02.25.2007 01:59 PM

Dang!! Thank god for that. Thought I was mad for a minute.

screamingskull 02.25.2007 02:05 PM

well, you learn something new every day, i always thought that Mark had been brought in because Jim had left and a lot of the newer songs were written for 4 people to play them.

stu666 02.26.2007 06:20 AM

My tickets just arrived and I am so excited that I had to send my first post here

Krisibility 02.26.2007 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
My tickets just arrived and I am so excited that I had to send my first post here


Same here!Woke up this morning with my tickets for both shows under my door!

raging_nelly 02.26.2007 07:43 AM

Yeah, my ticket came this morning.

WELL GOOD!

No Star 02.26.2007 01:04 PM

my tickets came woo! as if kims hand is hurt? where did that come from? x x

maggot brain 02.26.2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Star
my tickets came woo! as if kims hand is hurt? where did that come from? x x

its true! she mentioned it in an interview, i cant remember where though...

edit: i got my tickets today too :D im still waiting for a third though, which i ordered from seetickets rather than the roundhouse website

sonicl 02.26.2007 02:43 PM

You probably won't get to see the SeeTickets one until early August. I'm in the same boat there.

screamingskull 02.26.2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
You probably won't get to see the SeeTickets one until early August. I'm in the same boat there.


yeah, i got all my tickets from www.seetickets.com and they don't usually arrive until 3 days before the event. fuckers!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth