Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   recent discoveries (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=23152)

This Is Not Here 07.03.2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Future Sound of London

Dead Cities by Future Sound of London is quite simply the ultimate album to smoke dope too.

This Is Not Here 07.03.2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull

All thanks to ME. *looks smug*

GravitySlips 07.03.2008 10:19 AM

I've only heard Lifeforms by Future Sound of London (recently as well!), but it's excellent. I need to get Dead Cities.

Everyneurotic 07.03.2008 10:21 AM

diamanda is ace.

This Is Not Here 07.03.2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravitySlips
I've only heard Lifeforms by Future Sound of London (recently as well!), but it's excellent. I need to get Dead Cities.

You certainly do my friend.

sarramkrop 07.03.2008 10:24 AM

Vivian Girls
Pink Reason
Sic Alps
Eat Skull
Gauze
Bastard By Rape
Videohippos

etc

Florya 07.03.2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
diamanda is ace.

Diamanda Galas is one of those artists that I've tried really hard to 'get', because I think I should. I've been trying since the 80's.
But I don't get her at all.

I find it really difficult to make it through even one track of hers without hitting eject and filing the album away on my 'ebay pile'

That probably says more about me than it does about her though.

PAULYBEE2656 07.03.2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
Dead Cities by Future Sound of London is quite simply the ultimate album to smoke dope too.

deasd cities is their worst album by a mile.. fsol were good once dated very quickly

PAULYBEE2656 07.03.2008 12:30 PM

recent discovery

TIGER!!! SHIT!!! TIGER! TIGER!!!

█████████ 07.03.2008 12:35 PM

is that what people say when they start playing?

atsonicpark 07.03.2008 12:38 PM

aha, is that a real band name? And do they sound anything like the excellent band GIRAFFES? GIRAFFES!

gualbert 07.03.2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya
Diamanda Galas is one of those artists that I've tried really hard to 'get', because I think I should. I've been trying since the 80's.

I find it really difficult to make it through even one track of hers without hitting eject and filing the album away on my 'ebay pile'

To me she took the bad part of opera ( the hysterical , ultra annoying vocals ) , removed the good part of opera ( the orchestra ) , thus the result is awfull.

atsonicpark 07.03.2008 12:53 PM

she's good.

As far as operatic vocals, I love the vocals in diablo swing orchestra.

This Is Not Here 07.03.2008 01:42 PM

Shes not the sort of artist I'm going to buy lots of records by, because it will get annoying after a while. However, in small quanities her work is intense, brutal and thought provoking. Not to mention unlike anything I've come across before.

gmku 07.03.2008 03:46 PM

I've discovered that I don't want to buy any more music for a while.

MellySingsDoom 07.03.2008 04:09 PM

I finally got round to hearing some Psychadelic Horseshit, and it's really rather good stuff.

demonrail666 07.03.2008 04:10 PM

I got the new Grand Magus album, and it swings like a stallion's penis.

Everyneurotic 07.03.2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florya

back in the 90's, i used to think she was rather annoying and pretentious so i avoided her; it wasn't until like a bit more than 6 months ago that i downloaded the litanies of satan album and was completely amazed by it.

and it's probably because she's rather annoying, i'm into annoying voices now more than before.

she used to come play mexico quite a bit then, i wish i could go back and see her live.

Toilet & Bowels 07.03.2008 05:25 PM

i can't get my head around rob instigator listening to xiu xiu

Glice 07.03.2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
back in the 90's, i used to think she was rather annoying and pretentious so i avoided her; it wasn't until like a bit more than 6 months ago that i downloaded the litanies of satan album and was completely amazed by it.

and it's probably because she's rather annoying, i'm into annoying voices now more than before.

she used to come play mexico quite a bit then, i wish i could go back and see her live.

Sainkho Namchylek and Konul Xosiyeva will probably float your boat, as they a teensy bit more grating than the divine Diamanda.