Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sister or Goo? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9026)

SynthethicalY 12.17.2006 02:09 AM

Yeah, mine fell and broke. I wish I could play Sonic Nurse on it again.

k-krack 12.17.2006 02:12 AM

Bummer, man! That's why I love cds. No worries about breaking the technology, hey?
Anyways, I need some sleep. Have a good night!

ZEROpumpkins 12.17.2006 02:37 AM

Sister because there is a naked baby on the front. it has some amazing songs on it

king_buzzo 12.17.2006 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Sister because there is a naked baby on the front.

ha!

sun city girl 12.17.2006 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
Word. Bleach, however, is my least favourite. The drums sound so sucky on Bleach. (recording, that is)

no way, bleach is definitely their best lp. well, maybe not drumwise but whatever...

king_buzzo 12.17.2006 11:10 AM

London fuck you're pissing me off
Hollywood weirdo, cough cough cough
Won't you please let me rock you
Now I'm just a boy with not much to do
Everybody says doesn't come from above
You're gonna scream when you taste my love
Taste my love

Dead-Air 12.17.2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sun city girl
no way, bleach is definitely their best lp. well, maybe not drumwise but whatever...

I highly prefer in Utero myself. Bleach has some great songs, but it also has a bit of filler. In Utero has amazing recording by Steve Albini, and Cobain had really developed into an amazing lyricist.

SynthethicalY 12.17.2006 03:52 PM

True speaking of Lyrics In Utero was Cobain at his best. But just punk-rock it was bleach.

king_buzzo 12.17.2006 03:59 PM

bleach pwned.

in utero was way better though, they got better and played better it was perfect.

i still like nirvana, but im just too anoyed by nirvana fanboys.

SynthethicalY 12.17.2006 04:00 PM

so are you annoyed by me?

k-krack 12.17.2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
bleach pwned.

in utero was way better though, they got better and played better it was perfect.

Hipster fuck. I stopped caring about the amount of lame 'fans' that (not even really Nirvana, but Cobain) they have. Amazing band, all around.

SynthethicalY 12.17.2006 04:38 PM

I wish they would write a autobiography on Chris Novoselic.

jimrita 12.17.2006 04:38 PM

i voted goo... it's the second album i got to hear by them, so it was second in blowing me away, right behind daydream. i heard sister later, and sister is waayyy up there on my favorites... but goo had a bigger part in making me fall in love with the band.

jimrita 12.17.2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
there two totally different albums, not only in sound, but in emotion.

this is the same things as having a pole titled "jacki chan or julia roberts".

yeah, they are both actors, but different audiences are going to appreciate one more than the other.

just for the record, i prefer sister. however, this means absolutely nothing as the albums are both very different.

well said

HECKLER SPRAY 12.17.2006 06:41 PM

I prefer Goo demos than the LP. Bigger sound, better Mildred Pierce version, and the essential Lee#2, missing from the LP.

pantophobia 12.17.2006 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo

it's been a conundrum for fans of nirvana for a while that it's own fans began to weigh down the band's legacy

and for those who said dave was more important then krist in that band, i think they need to move out of virginia and smell the coffee, having finally able to see krist play with flipper, i mean fuckin A he is a great bassist

k-krack 12.17.2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
it's been a conundrum for fans of nirvana for a while that it's own fans began to weigh down the band's legacy

and for those who said dave was more important then krist in that band, i think they need to move out of virginia and smell the coffee, having finally able to see krist play with flipper, i mean fuckin A he is a great bassist

So true, plus, Dave was the drummer, he didn't write anything, he just played.

pantophobia 12.17.2006 07:50 PM

and i voted in the minority and said Goo

I like how sophisticated their songwriting became after ddn, and much more airy an atmosphere Goo has, almost ethereal at times

Norma J 12.17.2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
there two totally different albums, not only in sound, but in emotion.

this is the same things as having a pole titled "jacki chan or julia roberts".

yeah, they are both actors, but different audiences are going to appreciate one more than the other.

just for the record, i prefer sister. however, this means absolutely nothing as the albums are both very different.

I don't think I'm the only one who has came to the conclusion that you don't actually read posts correctly, or even read at all.

pantophobia 12.17.2006 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
So true, plus, Dave was the drummer, he didn't write anything, he just played.

he did add to the band, but just as easily Dan Peters could have left Mudhoney to become their permanent drummer, and almost the same effect

Dave hit the drums harder then Channing, Crover, or Peters, and was the best drummer, i'll give him that, but people only have memorys as far back as TV can let them remember, and Dave becoming a star on his own clouds the perception that he was the drummer, and sans two songs didn't write anything