Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATP Don't Look Back Daydream Nation (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10668)

Jef Mertens 02.20.2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Please, someone, we need to gig super documented!

I'm planning on documenting it if can make the travel. I'm really interested and I would think SY would be interested too!

deathbyfeedback 02.20.2007 05:05 PM

this show NEEDS to be recorded. professional style.

whorefrost 02.20.2007 05:32 PM

Roundhouse still has them, I just scored a couple.. geezus, this will be so surreal...

whorefrost 02.20.2007 05:48 PM

I am ridiculously psyched about this... I can't calm down..
there are already quite a few tickets appearing on ebay claiming the gig is sold out despite the fact that it ain't

screamingskull 02.20.2007 05:52 PM

i was so happy i was crying earlier, i can't fucking wait, its not just seeing them which would be amazing on its own, its seeing them play trilogy and the sprawl and hey joni and teenage riot and meeting all the people i have been talking to on here for 2 years!

whorefrost 02.20.2007 05:55 PM

I think I could be in tears of sonic ecstasy on the night during the Sprawl outro or The Wonder

screamingskull 02.20.2007 05:59 PM

i cried when i saw them in 2004 and they played teenage riot.

the ikara cult 02.20.2007 06:10 PM

I listened to DDN all the way through on my mp3player earler on and thought "Yes, this might be the best thing in the history of everything ever". Cant believe it sold out so fast, and £280 for 2 tickets on ebay? Fuck me thats awful. Im glad i checked earlier and repressed my normal nature to mull these things over in a "Do i, dont i" sense and just bought one.

k-krack 02.20.2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
i cried when i saw them in 2004 and they played teenage riot.

I was very close to crying during Teenage Riot (first song they played, it was one of the best moments of my life.) Then, later, when I heard those first whammy barred squalls of Catholic Block, I just fucking flipped, and had I died just then, I'd've died the most happy I could ever imagine myself.

the ikara cult 02.20.2007 06:14 PM

And this makes up nicely for the unremitting despair (alright not that bad) i felt when i realised i couldnt go to thurstons ATP in December

screamingskull 02.20.2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
And this makes up nicely for the unremitting despair (alright not that bad) i felt when i realised i couldnt go to thurstons ATP in December

same here, i was sooo disappointed that i couldn't go to that. this will be even better though!:)

Danny Himself 02.20.2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

same here, i was sooo disappointed that i couldn't go to that. this will be even better though!:)

same here x3. I wasn't old enough. This rules ass. I am going. I have two tickets. Jesussss!

THE WONDER! LIVE!

badgercorn 02.20.2007 06:29 PM

Great news. I wouldn't have expected this as I remember Thurston said in an interview he'd forgotten how to play The Sprawl.

Can't get to see it, but it means there's a chance that The Sprawl, Cross the Breeze, Hey Joni will feature in sets at regular SY gigs in future. Yay.

RoadkillKid 02.20.2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

I don't think it's possible to be better than ATP in December. I guess you had to be there.. This will still be utterly mindblowing. No bones to be made about it.

Pax Americana 02.20.2007 07:51 PM

God I wish I could go to this...

This show should be taped and released somehow.

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 02.20.2007 08:39 PM

You lucky fucks will see RAIN KING live.

Do you hear me?

RAIN. MOTHERFUCKING. KING.

k-krack 02.20.2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com
You lucky fucks will see RAIN KING live.

Do you hear me?

RAIN. MOTHERFUCKING. KING.

And 'CROSS THE BREEZE.

Do you hear us?!

'CROSS. THE. MOTHERFUCKING. BREEZE!!!!!!

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFU CKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!!!

deathbyfeedback 02.20.2007 11:30 PM

whenever i think about this gig i smile from ear to ear and vibrate a little.

Andrés 02.20.2007 11:59 PM

I'm just listening to the record with the company of some funny magic cigar

have fun you lucky bastards! :)

hirsute_biped 02.21.2007 12:45 AM

i want a west coast DDN gig! fucking amazing! yahooooooo!