Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Deeeeeeeeeetroit! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4851)

habibtheantiamericanbitch 08.05.2006 12:14 AM

Deeeeeeeeeetroit!

juss getting back from the SY/Flaming Lips gig.......pure bliss!!! when i get my pics developed, i'll share them.....if they're not shit.

setlist

Incinerate
Reena
Madonna, Sean and Me
Do You Believe In Rapture
What A Waste
Tom Violence
Turquoise Boy
Rats
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Shaking Hell

wish they'da played longer. not even an encore, but it was a killer performance as usual!

krastian 08.05.2006 12:25 AM

Baaaaaaasketball!!!!

Sorry

You'd think they'd do an encore.

k-krack 08.05.2006 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habibtheantiamericanbitch
Madonna, Sean and Me

WHAT!?!?!?!?

bob_bert71 08.05.2006 12:51 AM

sy opened for the lips, so the reason for the no encore!

Toxa 08.05.2006 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
WHAT!?!?!?!?

its expressway

habibtheantiamericanbitch 08.05.2006 08:04 AM

heck, they did a full set at Cuyahoga! i think it has to do with the time limits at the State Theatre. I hate that place severely. I think the Lips shortened their set too. We didn't get Bohemian Rhapsody. First time they haven't played it all tour. Still the best show i'll see all year!

also, i gotta say, Ibold really does nothing for the band, but free Kim up to spin around......

Cantankerous 08.05.2006 08:05 AM

Quote:

wish they'da played longer. not even an encore,

they're not the headliner.

habibtheantiamericanbitch 08.05.2006 08:08 AM

doesn't matter.....who says ONLY headliners do encores????? this was a perfect double bill. State Theatre likes everyone out by 11pm.

Cantankerous 08.05.2006 08:11 AM

i'm generally referring to the length of time they played but typically opening acts don't perform encores.

EricsTrip 08.05.2006 12:15 PM

Only 11 songs? I have a feeling their gig at the MN state fair is going to get cut short too. The state fair pamphlet I got with my ticket states this:

Fireworks: Weather permitting, fireworks follow each evening Grandstand show. Starting times vary, but most fireworks begin around 10:30 pm. For your safety, please remain seated during the fireworks.

I certainly hope they don't expect the Lips to be done by 10:30. The show doesn't even start until 7:30, and there's another opening act on before SY. SY should've just done their own headlining gig at First Ave. :mad:

Jet Jaguar 08.05.2006 10:46 PM

that bit about the band the state was great
they're still around

dark heat 08.05.2006 11:39 PM

I don't know, I think I'd sacrifice an encore to see 'Expressway'

And the Flaming Lips didn't do Bohemian Rhapsody at Kuyohoga either. They did do War Pigs, though.

atari 2600 08.06.2006 03:12 AM

You got Sonic Wolf Hair "Inhuman" last time, so this time they shorted you.

habibtheantiamericanbitch 08.06.2006 04:02 AM

truthfully, i'm glad the Lips omitted Bohemian out of the set. Wayne's voice just makes a mockery of it...... Da Yoots tore it up for the hour they played though and lee was supercool after the show. i never met a more humble man in my life. i swear i thought i saw someone approach him with a box of baseballs for him to sign (the Tigers game was across the street). another dude mistook him for a member of the Lips and handed him a Lips cd cover to sign. Lee just laughed and said "I don't know who you think I am?!?" funny at first, but then kinda sad. oh well.....gotta finish up this roll o film so i can post some pics.........

against_the_grain 08.06.2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

truthfully, i'm glad the Lips omitted Bohemian out of the set. Wayne's voice just makes a mockery of it...... Da Yoots tore it up for the hour they played though and lee was supercool after the show. i never met a more humble man in my life. i swear i thought i saw someone approach him with a box of baseballs for him to sign (the Tigers game was across the street). another dude mistook him for a member of the Lips and handed him a Lips cd cover to sign. Lee just laughed and said "I don't know who you think I am?!?" funny at first, but then kinda sad. oh well.....gotta finish up this roll o film so i can post some pics.........

Please do !!! I love checkin' out the photos !

I met Steve Shelley outside of the Gothic in Denver before their gig there. He was incredibly humble, gentle and completely approachable. Very kind folks in da yoots ! Nice...vinnie ! ;)

I was asking Steve about photography and he said 'sure..bring you camera in..and if you wanna record you can do that too !!'.......

unposted of Steve and Kim....Denver, 6-27-06