Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth in Spain (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=37985)

whorefrost 04.13.2010 03:57 PM

Argh, I am getting so stoked for this shit. Anyone else going to both Madrid shows? :D

sergisonic 04.14.2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
Argh, I am getting so stoked for this shit. Anyone else going to both Madrid shows? :D

i'm going to Barcelona + Madrid + Madrid :)

Georgekrz 04.14.2010 08:10 AM

Me too! Just starting to worry about all the small details. Anything else going on in those cities other than SY on those days? Is Barca-Espanol day game or night game?

Vale 04.16.2010 05:42 AM

I hope that there woldn't be problems with the flight (eruption in Island).
I think we'll share the taxi with someone...
We bought the tickets on livenation.es for the first show in Madrid, we'll retire them the same day of the concert with the copy of the e-mail...
now i've got a stupid question:
Where will we retire our tickets?At la Riviera,i suppose...but i'm not sure of this...
Can anyone help me?
Georgekrz, Barcellona-Espanyol is at 8.00 p.m i think...
well, thanks again and sorry(again) for my terrible English...

Georgekrz 04.16.2010 08:18 AM

Yeah I hope my flight is not cancelled, looks like anything going through or out of N. Europe might be cancelled.

closest subway station to Riviera I think is Puerta de Toledo, looks like walking distance... there is a subway at the airport, but looks like you have to make two transfers. look at map here http://www.esmadrid.com/en/portal.do?TR=C&IDR=552

I dont know about tickets either, but Im just gonna assume showing the credit card or ID will work...

Yeah I saw that Barca-Espanyol is on Sat., now I just wish I could go to that, maybe there will be tickets outside before the match? probably will just watch on tv....

sergisonic 04.16.2010 12:08 PM

Barca-Espanol on saturday, 8 pm

whorefrost 04.17.2010 05:12 AM

I am only going to the second night of Sonic Youth now. Thanks volcanic ash! I wonder if the ash will disrupt Sonic Youth's travel..

Vale 04.17.2010 06:07 AM

today every flight from the North Italy is cancelled.
I HOPE that the situation gets better...
I'm just a bit nervous...
come-back is not a problem,i can sleep a week in the airport Madrid Barajas,this is not a problem.
Georgekrz thank you for the link

RisingBoy 04.17.2010 09:30 AM

Has the band arrived at Barcelona yet? I´m afraid of the flight cancellations....

chicka 04.17.2010 10:15 AM

Good Luck to you folks over there. If you can't fly can you take trains?

greenlight 04.17.2010 11:42 AM

I hope, I hope fight wont be cancelled! so far it looks like it. aaaaghrrrrrr! what a day!

Vale 04.17.2010 12:25 PM

From Milan every flight is cancelled until monday at 8.00 am.
My flight is at 1.30 pm...
Chicka,unfortunately by train is impossible...more than 24 hours to arrive in Madrid:from Milan to Paris and than Spain...and it costs more than fly..
Thanks for the support!
Greenlight, what a day, yes...can't they put a cork on the volcano?
Aahha...stupid humor for hysterical people :(

greenlight 04.17.2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vale
From Milan every flight is cancelled until monday at 8.00 am.
My flight is at 1.30 pm...Chicka,unfortunately by train is impossible...more than 24 hours to arrive in Madrid:from Milan to Paris and than Spain...and it costs more than fly..
Thanks for the support!
Greenlight, what a day, yes...can't they put a cork on the volcano?
Aahha...stupid humor for hysterical people :(

flights from dublin are cancelled till monday 13:00. my boarding time is 20 min past one, hehehe, but it can change like that...not saying that ryanair planes must be all over the place now, so you can expect delays and stuff...not saying volcano is still errupting.

nicfit 04.17.2010 05:50 PM

Hope all of you guys will make it to the concert(s), but I must say this is one of the best excuses ever to miss a gig:
"why didn't you come?"
"Coz of a vulcanic eruption."

Georgekrz 04.17.2010 06:08 PM

Well Im here Barca is fucking fantastic just got drunk in a place full of Metallica - Slayer shirts (just like Queens c. 1986), across the street from razmatazz... I hope this show does not get cancelled though...

sergisonic 04.18.2010 05:22 AM

steve is in Barcelona

Jef Mertens 04.18.2010 05:45 AM

Check the SY twitter page.. They made it to spain, no worries..

sergisonic 04.18.2010 08:08 AM

"hola! we're lucky to have be on one of the only flights to cross from nyc to Spain. special sy quartet shows 4/18 + 4/19"
via https://twitter.com/thesonicyouth/status/12346287946

we'll have a classic 80/90's reinvention of the sonic youth powerrr

greenlight 04.18.2010 08:18 AM

special quartet show and I'm going to miss it? noooooooo.. hopefully it'll take off from dublin tomorrow!

chrome noise tape 04.18.2010 10:44 AM

they can fly from N.Y to Barcelona but the problem is if the airport in Barcelona is closed to Madrid...and Madrid to Lisbon??! ( i say that cause the portugese president maybe has to return from barcelona to lisbon by car )