Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What the fuck are you drinking???? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2692)

demonrail666 04.24.2012 03:58 PM

We only drink lager in public. At home it's Campari with one of those little umbrellas. Skillz, carrot cruncher.

EVOLghost 04.24.2012 04:19 PM

If I'm goin' for a better beer, I normally get some Fat Tire. Blue Moon started tasting like shit after having random pale ales at a bar. Also I think my last beer at a bar was a Brooklyn Lager? Not sure, it was a dark beer and it was pretty tasty.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.24.2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
If I'm goin' for a better beer, I normally get some Fat Tire. Blue Moon started tasting like shit after having random pale ales at a bar. Also I think my last beer at a bar was a Brooklyn Lager? Not sure, it was a dark beer and it was pretty tasty.

New Belgian is perhaps one of the few reliable, commercial Ales available popularly in the US market. There are often some diverse beer selections, but American beers use the term "ale" wrongly and interchangeably with American pale and amber lagers. New Belgian is a consistent brewery of quality ales you can trust. If the brewery doesn't say Germany or England or Colorodo and it says ale be careful, the term is highly abused to the disgrace of people with good taste in beer

gmku 04.24.2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
New Belgian is perhaps one of the few reliable, commercial Ales available popularly in the US market. There are often some diverse beer selections, but American beers use the term "ale" wrongly and interchangeably with American pale and amber lagers. New Belgian is a consistent brewery of quality ales you can trust. If the brewery doesn't say Germany or England or Colorodo and it says ale be careful, the term is highly abused to the disgrace of people with good taste in beer

I detest Fat Tire. Detest it. There are so many better brewers in the States. Jesus. Flat Tire is lame, bland, boring.

Best ones: Flying Dog, Three Floyds, Bells, Victory, sometimes Sierra Nevada depending on the brew (Celebration, Bigfoot), Smutty Nose, Rogue, to name a few.

Fat Tire is just a notch above Budweiser. Seriously.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 04.24.2012 09:31 PM

I'm drinking this right now cuz it was part of a multi pack that was practically free. its actually quite good. dark, thick and malty like a craft Porter, but more floral and less bitter. Reminds me of a Pyramid Snow Cap Winter Ale which are actually quite good, and I don't taste a bit of coconut..
Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I detest Fat Tire. Detest it. There are so many better brewers in the States. Jesus. Flat Tire is lame, bland, boring.

Best ones: Flying Dog, Three Floyds, Bells, Victory, sometimes Sierra Nevada depending on the brew (Celebration, Bigfoot), Smutty Nose, Rogue, to name a few.

All those you mentioned are not necessarily available in a bad selection pinch hit, and further, while Sierra Nevada is cool, I find it a very yeasty IPA style and can only drink 12z, the 24z are almost a heinekin.. Also you seemed to have missed my point entirely. Whether or not you like New Belgian beers or not, they are one of the few commercially available beers in the US which are ACTUAL ALES as opposed to American light lagers. There is such a world of difference between even a mediocre ale and a superb lager when ale is preferred.
You can call Fat Tire boring, but please don't compare it to budweiser again, that is just a useless hyperbole bordering on trolling ;)

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.01.2012 10:13 PM

This is a wild beer. Dark as shit, literally. The first beer I ever enjoyed warm better than cold. At first it had way to much bite like sour wine, even though it smelled quite floral like good hops. But as it warmed, the flavor exploded. Quality texture, excellent almost intellectual kind of buzz.

EVOLghost 05.02.2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku

geez, thanks ya douche.

EVOLghost 05.02.2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

This is a wild beer. Dark as shit, literally. The first beer I ever enjoyed warm better than cold. At first it had way to much bite like sour wine, even though it smelled quite floral like good hops. But as it warmed, the flavor exploded. Quality texture, excellent almost intellectual kind of buzz.

bottle art looks cool.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.02.2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

geez, thanks ya douche.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 05.14.2012 10:26 PM

not bad, everything, weed and beer included, from Humbolt County is always ridiculously good. This beer is like a Humbolt hopped craft wheat beer version of Red Stripe island style lager. Fairly good, but its called "spiced" which gave me the impression it would be a blue moon style spiced ale, but it was more like a Humbolt Craft beer Pacifico ;)

Quote:

Pookie 05.15.2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stu666
Have you ever tried a dark lager?

http://www.calvors.co.uk/lager/dark-lager.php

No. What's it like? Looks intriguing.

SonicBebs 06.05.2012 03:36 PM

Fursty Ferret

stu666 06.05.2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
No. What's it like? Looks intriguing.

It tastes nothing like any other lager I've had. It has a nice malty, almost a slight chocolatey flavour but it's not really bitter and isn't really fizzy like Stella or other lagers. It looks more like a dark ale when it's in a glass.

stu666 06.05.2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Here in Texas, we roll like this

nice! I'd like to try all of them.

SONIC GAIL 06.05.2012 05:40 PM

Cheap ass pbr

EVOLghost 06.08.2012 08:50 AM

Sippin' on dat Aloe Vera and Pomegranate juice. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Keeping It Simple 06.12.2012 09:21 AM

At only £3.59 for a 3L bottle, it's a bargain, especially as it tastes a lot better than the more expensive ciders. That's $5.57.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.14.2012 06:31 PM

Oberon BABY!! yeah!

dale_gribble 06.17.2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Oberon BABY!! yeah!

was drinking bell's amber ale last night, i like it better than oberon but that shit's still good as hell.

EVOLghost 06.17.2012 04:54 PM

Yeh I had the Oberon last night along with delirium(so tasty), Brooklyn lager, and some pbr. lulz

gmku 06.17.2012 06:45 PM

Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale.

&

Flying Dog Double Dog Double Pale Ale

Of course, it would go without saying that my choices of drink this evening, as they would be any evening, are the coolest and the classiest around here in quite some time.

gmku 06.17.2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Oberon BABY!! yeah!

Oberon!? Yeah, I guess--if you're a GIRL!!!

Savage Clone 06.25.2012 11:38 AM

Iced coffee.

EVOLghost 06.25.2012 12:30 PM

Hot coffee.

stu666 06.25.2012 12:58 PM

Pear and apple cider

ink. 06.25.2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfeatencake
one of the best fruit teas in the world:

:O

are you trolling?

please say you are trolling

dale_gribble 06.26.2012 11:26 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Z1vAR4uQyKTsZA

just had it for the first time, jizzed all over the place

EVOLghost 06.27.2012 03:42 AM

whaaa

dale_gribble 06.27.2012 02:18 PM

just bought two moar six packs, havin' me some fun tonight!

EVOLghost 07.06.2012 09:33 AM

^ gud shit ya!

I'm drinking some cantaloupe water.

SONIC GAIL 07.06.2012 09:07 PM

sadly pbr

EVOLghost 07.07.2012 01:45 AM

Me too!

Fuck, I don't Eel good at all....

I thought I had tonight covered with some snowy alps, but maaan I'm dying hee

ann ashtray 07.07.2012 03:22 AM

a seal sammich w/ a side of dolphin fries washed down by a nice cold glass of precious snow cat death fluids.

dale_gribble 07.07.2012 12:36 PM

WATER

EVOLghost 07.07.2012 01:06 PM

Horchata.

dale_gribble 07.07.2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Horchata.

had rumchata for the first time i can remember last night...sweet sweet titty milk

EVOLghost 07.07.2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale_gribble
had rumchata for the first time i can remember last night...sweet sweet titty milk

Lol. I've yet to try that....or have I? If I did, I do not remember.

Starcat 07.11.2012 11:46 AM

Because fuck you, body:

stu666 07.11.2012 03:50 PM

EVOLghost 07.11.2012 08:38 PM