Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

mixtapegrrl 01.16.2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
someone is making me watch John Tucker Must Die and The Notebook tonight :/

AHHHH worst movies EVERRRR. at least john tucker must die is so bad you will be rolling on the floor laughing. cant beat that scene where he does that flip/slam dunk in a thong!

mixtapegrrl 01.16.2007 11:13 PM

everyone should watch troll 2. never has a movie been so horribly bad and sucked so much that it is AWESOME.

ps it has absolutley nothing to do with the movie troll. at all.

Tokolosh 01.17.2007 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
Band of Brothers - episode 9 or something. Almost done with the entire box set. It's a damn good story. I can't believe what those men went through.

That's a great series. Episode 9 is the heaviest of the lot. It's the one where they encounter the first signs of concentration camps.

Watched this last night. Pedro Almodóvar is a genius.

jon boy 01.19.2007 05:22 AM

i watched nil by mouth again last night. amazing film.

Savage Clone 01.28.2007 09:54 AM

I would like to see The Nomi Song.

I saw Pan's Labyrinth last night; loved it.

HECKLER SPRAY 01.28.2007 09:54 AM

Lost in Translation. Good film. Now I'm in love with Scarlett Johansson. She's so hot ! My girl wants to kill me...

jon boy 01.28.2007 03:05 PM

watched the grudge 2 again last night but kept my fingers out of my ears. i put them in there if i am scared.

nomadicfollower 01.28.2007 06:38 PM

Eraserhead.
Which is a relief because it was a movie I actually enjoyed.

compulsive diarrhea, jico 01.28.2007 07:14 PM

shadow of a doubt

ALIEN ANAL 01.29.2007 04:38 AM

i really want to watch thw twin peaks series, but its not out on dvd here, and watching things on vhs is hard.

A Thousand Threads 01.29.2007 04:45 AM

i watched Quadrophenia yesterday,
great movie

!@#$%! 01.29.2007 08:41 PM

last movie i saw in a big screen was four sheets to the wind at sundance. great story. the cinematography a little lacking. but i predict we're going to hear a lot about this guy in the future cos he's very young but pretty good.

last dvd movie was the aviator, which i now regret not having seen in a bigscreen because i'm a pigheaded prejudiced fuck. it was a great fucking movie and i didn't want to believe it. well, fuck you too! :D

TheDom 01.29.2007 08:55 PM

nobody's fool & one flew over the cuckoo's nest

both on the weekend with my dad.

!@#$%! 01.29.2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone

I saw Pan's Labyrinth last night; loved it.

hurray! that movie IS fucking awesome.

Norma J 01.30.2007 01:17 AM

We hired out Stoned - the Brian jones story. And another film. Which we will watch the former tonight - looking forward to it.

Tokolosh 01.30.2007 04:20 AM

It's actually better than I thought it would be.
Helen Mirren plays the queen superbly, but Michael Sheen's portrayal of Tony Blair, kept reminding me of Jon Culshaw in Dead Ringers. :D
In my opinion, it's well worth watching.

SynthethicalY 01.30.2007 04:32 AM

My boyfriend went to watch The Queen, He liked it. I might go see it.

Tokolosh 01.30.2007 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
used to tape it when it was showing on telly, but tapes are missing.

this might be a solution in general, it has twin peaks also. quality shouldnt be that great tho.
http://www.peekvid.com/

Is that a hint? :rolleyes:

cuetzpalin 01.30.2007 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kegmama
Last movie I watched was Factotum, based on the Charles Bukowski book.
It was good and I love Matt Dillon.

Pickle Factory boss: Writer huh? Are you sure?
Henry Chinaski: No, I'm not. I'm halfway through a novel.
Pickle Factory boss: What's it about?
Henry Chinaski: Everything.
Pickle Factory boss: It's about... cancer?
Henry Chinaski: Yes.
Pickle Factory boss: How about my wife?
Henry Chinaski: She's in there too.

^ That part was great, but I loved this part too:

Henry Chinaski: If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives, jobs. And maybe your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery, isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance. Of how much you really want to do it. And you'll do it, despite rejection in the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods. And the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

factotum is one on my last seen movies too. i was pretty surprised because because i expected something more stupid (it's pretty new movie..) but it kicked ass!

Tokolosh 02.03.2007 04:51 AM

Just like Penelope Cruz, Antonio Banderas is much better in spanish spoken films.